Author Topic: Shorter lobby time from 60 to 30 seconds?  (Read 261 times)

vveyro

Love the multiplayer, but the waiting feels a bit excessive? Seriously only reason I would ever want to go offline

Making setup adjustments is quick in Wreckfest, I switch them almost every race, and done in about 5-10 sec. And sure if everyone readies up, it skips countdown. But there's always "that one guy". Or some snowflake who makes everyone else wait by choosing his car for 60 seconds, then goes back to change it etc etc etc.

30 seconds or 45 would be imo sufficient. People would select their cars a bit more efficiently, races start faster, win-win. Imo 30 sec is plenty enough, if you're not fumbling about

Or perhaps this could be a server setting. I would definitely start regulating the servers with 30 sec though. There's already often waiting in spectator mode, which is entertaining and not actually boring at all. But the lobby timer is, if someone wants to get a drink/food/etc they have (often) additional time to do that during spectating too
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 10:21:17 AM by vveyro »

BenDover

It was 30 sec befor but the community wanted 60 sec instead :)
I think its good with 60 seconds. Then ppl have some time to chat in between :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

simosimo

Yeah 60 is fine, some races I need to chill and long sessions it's a god send to get up for a whizz or grab a drink etc. If all your players are on the ball though and are readying up, it's quick anyways.

vveyro

Hmm, how about making it server-side option for admins? 30, 45, 60

BenDover

Hmm, how about making it server-side option for admins? 30, 45, 60

That should work but we have been asking for option serverside for a long time that never have come so I dont think this will be an option eaither I am afraid :(
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

St. Jimmy

I'd like to see the last 20s to change back to 10s. Has happened a lot that I'd like to change something or I've joined late in the server and I could't tune or change the car quickly. 10s should be enough for that.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

CFodder

Agree with vyero to make the wait time a server option and St Jimmy agree with putting it back to 10s with the change that if someone is tuning their car etc when the race starts they get put on the grid instead of being kicked. Is different to people who just sit there and don't ready up IMO.