Author Topic: Server topics  (Read 137 times)

Frisker

I just had this idea while writing a comment on Bendover's Steam page.

Why not make an server advertisement area for the forums in the Multiplayer section, similar to the"Player run events" section? There people could make their own thread about their own server, the rules etc. and state why people should join their server. It could also work as a forum for people who are regular players on certain server or servers to discuss about it, make suggestions etc.

It would be really helpful for people who don't visit the Steam forums/groups much like me. And while there is Steam group for Ben's server which I mostly play, I very rarely visit it and tend to forget it exists mostly because people in Steam forums tend to be... toxic to be general. Now I'm not saying this applies everywhere in steam or in the groups but the forums are just usually pretty crap. I'm sure a lot of you know what I mean here.

Here in Bugbear forums we usually get quite civilized discussions, and questions always get polite answers so that is why I think this would be a good idea.

Please share your opinion down below.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 04:11:45 AM by Frisker »

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

BenDover

I dont see why we could not have something like this, but I am a little concern about the ones making a server, have it up for 1-2 weeks and then maybe losing intresst to host or maybe even play the game. Those threads will probally just push down the active servers.

I know what you mean about the steam forums and I am not there alot eaither.
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Janne Suur-Näkki

I too can't see why not if there seems to be enough interest.

CFodder

Seems like a good idea, we run a minimum of two servers that are up 24/7 (unless they crash :P). Could just have a moderator remove servers that have been inactive.

BenDover

Seems like a good idea, we run a minimum of two servers that are up 24/7 (unless they crash :P). Could just have a moderator remove servers that have been inactive.

Have your server crashed after the hotfix? :o
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,