Author Topic: Using Steam Controller  (Read 230 times)

FelixRaven

Hello All!
I just purchased a Steam Controller.
When I fist wanted to use it with Wreckfest, I could only select it as an X-Box 360 controller. (If I remember well the exact name.)
But whenever I chose it, it didn't work at all, and when I checked, the control settings were again at keyboard. So I couldn't toggle the controller.
Then I made a calibration in Steam settings. After this, Steam said Wreckfest is not developed to be used with controller, but I can set my controller to be used in the game anyway.
I found out that this only mean that I can make key bindings to the buttons of the controller.
This is somewhat disappointing. I guess Wreckfest can be used with controller in a regular way. Am I right?
Cheers,
Gabor
Asrock s1150 Z87 Extreme 4 || Intel Core i7 4770K BOX (1150) - 3,50GHz || 2 X CORSAIR Vengeance DDR-3 8GB/1600 KIT LP Blue (CML8GX3M2A1600C9B) || Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8G Turbo  || SSD   SAMSUNG 2,5" 840 EVO Basic 250 GB SATA 3 (MZ-7TE250BW) || HDD   Western Digit

SinrOne

Hey.

Im currently using steam controller and it works great. You need to have the controller on before starting the game and settings at "Keyboard", preferably having the different UI on also, so you can config the steam controller in its own settings.

That way you can bind the controller as you please.

- Sinr

FelixRaven

Hello Sinr!
Thanks!
So I guess it does only substitute the keyboard, so it cannot substitute a steering wheel.
This is my problem, I don't see why, when other driving games can be controlled by a controller.
I pretty much bought steam controller for driving Wreckfest. I hope the developers after their summer vacation would do something about this.
Gabor
Asrock s1150 Z87 Extreme 4 || Intel Core i7 4770K BOX (1150) - 3,50GHz || 2 X CORSAIR Vengeance DDR-3 8GB/1600 KIT LP Blue (CML8GX3M2A1600C9B) || Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8G Turbo  || SSD   SAMSUNG 2,5" 840 EVO Basic 250 GB SATA 3 (MZ-7TE250BW) || HDD   Western Digit