Author Topic: Game crashing when selecting Settings  (Read 339 times)

KKtrips

ISSUE
Game crashes when I try to select "Settings"

DESCRIPTION
I try to adjust settings in the options menu and instead of going to the options screen it just closes the game as if I pressed At-F4
It does it every time, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but no change. Does not seem to happen anywhere else.

KKtrips

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, it was fine until the update this afternoon

Purple44

Could try renaming this folder C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\userdata\[YOUR UNIQUE USER ID]\228380\local\wreckfest to something like this \wreckfesttest.

This will tell you if the problem with one the save files. But this will set career and car5 files to the beginning, will wipe all the credits and cars you bought.

Edit:
    MALZman(Lukas) - Today at 5:11 AM
Everytime in go to settings in the game it crashen without any log message or somtihng   ,,.. is this an known issue after the update ?
jannesBB - Today at 5:11 AM
Yes, will be hopefully fixed quickly.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 03:53:24 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

KKtrips

where was the quote from in your edit?

Janne Suur-Näkki

On Discord, we're looking into this already.

HemiR222

still broken since the newest update for me ..

rallytit

I have the same problem. No possibility to enter the game menu, I go back to Windows.
So no possibility to make any video or audio adjustments.
For me it's just unplayable. Thank you for giving me a quick answer, because I am a streamer and I will not advertise for this game if the problem is not solved very quickly.
Cordially.

The Very End

I have the same problem. No possibility to enter the game menu, I go back to Windows.
So no possibility to make any video or audio adjustments.
For me it's just unplayable. Thank you for giving me a quick answer, because I am a streamer and I will not advertise for this game if the problem is not solved very quickly.
Cordially.

"Because I am a streamer and I will not advertise for this game" - what kind of attiute is this? Fine, you reach out to people and spread the word - nice, but at same time, you are custommer like any other. And a quick read at the Steam forum shows that more people are having this issues. BB has reached out to them and are trying to find out what is going on and how to find a solution. But as with anything related to a computer - it's difficoult and it takes time finding a solution. Got to be a bit patient.

rallytit

Hello, it's not because I'm streamer that it changes much (just that my subscribers are watching a game that crash, so it's not very seller).
Just that the game is an official version, not beta. So I find it normal to have a finished game, because we paid for it.
There may be problems, I grant you as every game, but generally, it does not take long to solve the problems.
There it starts to date a little. Yes I am impatient and I like this game, so I would not want to have a bad image, as well as other and future players.
Cordially.  ;)

vveyro

I've never, ever had this problem. Not a single crash. Not denying it's existence, but PCs are difficult platform... cuz everyone has different hardware, different bg applications running. Reproducing and tracking issues may take a while
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 11:08:23 AM by vveyro »

GremFreeStorm

My game also crashes whenever i select the settings menu (whether from main menu, a race, or replay). I have Windows 10, intel i5-7500, gtx 1060, 8gb ram

Finsku

For everyone: What version you're using? 32 or 64? Does it crash if you change it?
Also have you verified your game files?
EDIT: I never had this kind problem with my Wreckfest (*knocks wood*), I'm just curious to hear what could cause this problem

Finsku

On Discord M_Corchero wrote how to fix this

Quote from: M_Corchero
i have solucionated problem whit crash to enter setting
y instaled game in other pc
go to archive setting, copy , only 2 archives says to " setting" and "setting.set"
and after to enter in old pc whit the game
now i can enter setting and change that i want and no crash
GREAT!

You can find settings files from
Steam\userdata\<your-numbers>\228380\local\wreckfest

Purple44

My game also crashes whenever i select the settings menu (whether from main menu, a race, or replay). I have Windows 10, intel i5-7500, gtx 1060, 8gb ram

There an 8GB version of 1060?  I got the 6GB back in April. Did Nvidia release a 8GB version recently?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel