Author Topic: Multiplayer Replay Save Function - Best crashes posted 4 increased exposure  (Read 297 times)

MerxThis

Hi,

I would like to see a replay save function from multiplayer.

I think that it would allow players, like myself, who really enjoy some of the crazy crashes (which is why we are all here, right?), to make videos of them and upload them.

This would increase the exposure of the game too, as posting the best crashes from the best angles became a "thing".

Cheers,
Merxthis

Purple44

The way Wreckfest save the data of a race to do recreate race in a replay, won't work for saving a replay to HD.

There programs out there to record your racing online. I use to use Fraps, but now with new gaming computer, I use Bandicam because it save recording of race in mp4 format. :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

MerxThis

That's a shame, is it a feature that cannot ever be made?

I use plays.tv, but it only captures the angle I see of course.

I really think that if players could have access to the replay mode, it would boost sales through exposure to other gamers.

I hope that in time priority is given to creating this feature.

audiopathik

I was looking for the replay feature in multiplayer as well, obviously you should be able to save it since you don't have lots of time before the next match starts.

I can't see how this is not possible, saving it to disk can't be much of an issue and multiplayer basically got the replay feature implemented as well, when you join an already running race or finish/DNF a race you can spectate like a replay - "technical difficulties" that makes saving it to disk impossible don't make sense, many other games like Rocket League do this and if it's currently not possible this could be implentented.

Just like MerxThis said, I like to use the replay feature to record races that I liked, you can record without any additional software if you're on Win10 with Anniversary Update you can press Win+G to open up the Game DVR panel and record and/or if you use a nVidia GeForce you can press Alt+Z ingame to record using nVidia, but constantly recording takes up immense disk space and requires you to edit an cut large chunks of screen recording and they might include game menus and other things you don't necessarily want on the video, plus with the replay feature you can use nice camera angles and effects or even switch between cars.

I'd definately like to see that feature!

Purple44

But Wreckfest does not record race into memory or temp file on HD. Wreckfest save certain data and then recreate the race when using replay mode. Replay will not be an exact replay of the race\derby just completed, but will be close.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

audiopathik

But Wreckfest does not record race into memory or temp file on HD. Wreckfest save certain data and then recreate the race when using replay mode. Replay will not be an exact replay of the race\derby just completed, but will be close.

So you are saying the replay as it is is not exactly the race that was just finished?

And well, so here goes the feature request/wish, they can definately do this from the technical perspective.

CrashsTestsFr

So you are saying the replay as it is is not exactly the race that was just finished?
Absolutely, watch a replay, you'll be able to see the physics being recalculated for bodywork deformations and the cars positions are just "waypoints". It works exactly the same way Flatout did ... 14 years ago. A proper replay system has been discussed as soon as it appeared in the early access version, but it never became a thing.
https://www.crashs-tests.fr
Windows 10 / i7-4790K 4Ghz / nVidia 1080 GTX / 16GB  Xbox One pad / G27 / T500RS
Oculus DK2 & CV1

Stoney

It will never happen, but I know of other games in the past using the same or simerlar methods of 'recreating' races. If this data is used to recreate the race in the form of a reply, the data has to be stored and read from _somewhere_ right?

As I say, it'll never happen, but if that was to be saved somewhere in memory, and could be edited / reinjected.. Yeh.. hmm rFactor - still the best way of saving a reply!
getWrecked (Every Friday) @ WreckNET.co.uk