Author Topic: Questions about camera and water  (Read 256 times)

Airtux

Hi,

So i started to make my first mod for Wreckfest, it's a Derby Arena, im using Blender 2.77.

i found a lots of helps in this forum but i can't find how to do this :

You see this camera view ? I want to setting this, actually in my Arena mod the camera is like on the ground, i want to put the camera in a better point of view. How to do this ?

My second question is about water, (not the weather) i mean water like a lake or an ocean, there is a way to do something like this in Wreckfest ?

Sorry for my poor english
Thx

The Very End

Hey!

For cameras the scne need two objects, named resultcamera and resultcamera_target. The resultcamera is the camera itself, while resultcamera_target is the point it focuses on. You can then create paths or circle around the target to create interesting cameras. If you want to do it just by Bagedit you will have to change the frame keys, but this is very, very tedious and I recomment using 3ds max or or Blender for creating camera animations. PS: these objects need the custom attribute dyn = ghost
As of trackside cameras in replay mode, these are controlled by the tcat files. If you want more information about them just ask.

Water it is currently not possible. As far as I know Wreckfest does not support vertex animation, meaning animated noise / waves / flags etc just won't work. You can get texture moving by adding #texture_animated and #sawxxxx (0001 is superslow, 9999 very fast). So a cheap way of adding water effect is to have a rought surface, then let the texture animate at it, giving the illusion of water. E.g, you have a water material / texture, name it someName#texture_animated#saw0100

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 12:36:26 PM by The Very End »

Airtux

Thanks, im trying to do the camera but without success...

So you talking about tcat file, but there no tcat file in my mod repertory, so yes i need help about this tcat file please.

thx.

The Very End

When you create those files they get placed in main folder in property/tracks.  Got to move that to your mod with same folder structure.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:24:31 PM by The Very End »

Airtux

hum... i did it but still not working.

I found this vidéo from you, http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php?topic=9523.0 but this not help me...for some raison the camera still not working, i can't even put the camera in another location.

I use a cube for "resultcamera" and another cube for "resultcamera_target" i use a NurbsPatch for moving camera (in blender i can see the cube moving nicely), all of them have the propertie CustomData dyn = ghost.

i did a few screenshots, maybe you can help me more :
resultcamera  object --> https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/28/3/1531261481-camera1.jpg
resultcamera_target object --> https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/28/3/1531261495-camera2.jpg
NurbsPatch  object --> https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/28/3/1531261495-camera-path.jpg
My mod folder --> https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/28/3/1531264529-dd64-track-folder.jpg
My mod folder in property/track --> https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/28/3/1531264529-property-track-folder.jpg
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:16:34 AM by Airtux »

The Very End

I use 3ds max so a bit unsure on Blender, looks alright tho.

As for folder structure; Try having the mod folder have the same structure as BBs own data folder. That way the tcat files at least should work. For example, objects to data/art/objects, tracks to data/property/track and so on.
Edit: seems like you already did this, sorry!

The camera: if you open the scne file and look for the object, is there any animation key to it? If no, then it seems the animation is not exported. If yes we got to focus that and find out what's wrong.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 07:26:26 AM by The Very End »

RickyB

Blender Exporter does not support animation.  :-\

I can see 2 tcat files in the screenshots, maybe delete one of them.

Inside the scene file you should see the resultcamera under 'models'. Do you see them when you open the .scne file with bagedit?

Example attached.

Airtux

The camera: if you open the scne file and look for the object, is there any animation key to it? If no, then it seems the animation is not exported. If yes we got to focus that and find out what's wrong.
No there Keyframes is = 0

Blender Exporter does not support animation. 
So the only way is to do it with Bagedit ?

i tried but still not working

Inside the scene file you should see the resultcamera under 'models'. Do you see them when you open the .scne file with bagedit?
Yes with Bagedit i can see "resultcamera" and "resultcamera_target" under "models"

But i found a way to get a camera animation ! by Copy/Past "resultcamera" and "resultcamera_target" from another .scne file to my .scne file, but now i have to set the camera position and animation with Bagedit... and yes this seems very tedious  :-\

RickyB

Blender Exporter does not support animation. 
So the only way is to do it with Bagedit ?
Right now only the official tools from Bugbear for 3DS Max support animation. I personally would not try and do it with Bagedit. Not worth the hassle for a few seconds of pre-race cam. I'm fine with static cam.
i tried but still not working
What is not working? You don't see a pre-race cam when loading the track?
Yes with Bagedit i can see "resultcamera" and "resultcamera_target" under "models"
What do you see when loading the track? screenshot?

Airtux

Right now only the official tools from Bugbear for 3DS Max support animation. I personally would not try and do it with Bagedit. Not worth the hassle for a few seconds of pre-race cam. I'm fine with static cam.
I not really need animation, but even a static camera with a nice location view don't work with blender.

What is not working? You don't see a pre-race cam when loading the track?
The camera location is not good, i see the camera like on the ground in the middle of the map (not where is my "resultcamera" object and the camera don't focuses on "resultcamera_target" object).

What do you see when loading the track? screenshot?
The camera is on the ground in the middle of the map, like in x0 y0 z0 locations, (not where is my "resultcamera" object and the camera don't focuses on "resultcamera_target" object).

EDIT:: Finally i did it with BagEdit and even with a small animation ! That was tedious but i'm happy now  :D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:47:25 AM by Airtux »

Purple44

This what I do to get the first track cam to show the cars at the start line:

Thanks End.  :)

I went and stole the resultcamera file from June Build Tarmac 3. It started the camera where the Tarmac 3 race start. So I tweak the coordinates on line 3 until I got cam in a good enough spot.  :)

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel