Author Topic: Is There An Automatic Server Update?  (Read 84 times)

Duetschbag

Am I missing something regarding automatic server updates?

There is an option in the config file that seem like it should update the server, but doesn't:

# Server update frequency: low, high
frequency=high

Whenever the game updates, it seems that I have to copy my game directory back to my server and relaunch it to get a version match.

Is there an app ID that can be used to download only the updated server files anonymously through CMD, or do you have to provide a valid login?

I'm trying to figure out what my options are for updating so that I can determine if I should write a script/application to do it for me.

Thank you in advance!
Hosted Servers
-------------------------------
[US WEST] Twitch.tv/Duetschbag || Circuit
[US WEST] Twitch.tv/Duetschbag || Demolition
[US WEST] Twitch.tv/Duetschbag || Figure 8 + BONUS

sam223

There is no automatic updating of the server,unless the server is linked to a steam account. Then it updates like any steam game.

# Server update frequency: low, high
 is just the physics update rate on the server. low performance/high performance
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:11:53 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Duetschbag

That's good to know, thank you for the reply.

It sounds like I just need a script to copy the game directory from my gaming rig to the server so that I can "update" automatically. Do you know if there are any files that contain the version number so I can check against it when there is an update to the game?
Hosted Servers
-------------------------------
[US WEST] Twitch.tv/Duetschbag || Circuit
[US WEST] Twitch.tv/Duetschbag || Demolition
[US WEST] Twitch.tv/Duetschbag || Figure 8 + BONUS