Author Topic: A few questions... Menu pictures, animated object, lights  (Read 131 times)

Airtux

Hi,

So im close to finish my first arena mod, the last thing i need to do is replace the pictures with "Track under construction" in menu, i tried to put my .bmap files in those two directory :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/28/4/1531368673-data-menu-textures.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/28/4/1531368673-dd64-menu.jpg

And as you can see i tried various names for my .bmap files... but i can't see my pictures in the menu, so how to do this ? We have to set something in BagEdit ?

My second question is simply to know if we can animate a object in the map ? Maybe with BagEdit like for the camera ?

My last question is about lights, i saw on this forum we can't put lights in the map, this is sad... so there is a way to do it even with a .png or something like this, like old gen games ?

Thx
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 07:43:04 AM by Airtux »

The Very End

Hey!

First out, the loading screens are not used anymore, as there is one screen used for all. Secondly, the naming on the small ones are wrong, think they are environment_track_250x126_small_raw. A bit unsure on that, but look in BBs data folder and it should be naming examples there.

It possible to use lights. They require a bit of resources tho. I'm not home now, but if you have subscribed to The Very TrackPack mod you can go into the workshop folders and just drag out the lamp objects to see how it is set up.

As for animated objects that works too. Think there is a BB dynamic file called animation_colliding. What you do is to give a object the custom attribute: dyn = "data/art/objects/animation_colliding". Then you have to make the animation. Please note that animation export only works with 3ds max and not blender.
Also, vertex animation is not possible, so for animations it is at object level. I know BB have a special animation for the humans, but that requires that you rig the model with bones and such - and when when you have done that the rest is a bit unknown (just crashes for me).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 07:58:09 AM by The Very End »

Airtux

First out, the loading screens are not used anymore, as there is one screen used for all. Secondly, the naming on the small ones are wrong, think they are environment_track_250x126_small_raw. A bit unsure on that, but look in BBs data folder and it should be naming examples there.
Hum  :-\ I tried again as you tell me but still not working... i have alway those "Track under construction" pictures, i'm really stuck here.  :-[

About Lights and animated object i gonna try now, thanks.

The Very End

Hum  :-\ I tried again as you tell me but still not working... i have alway those "Track under construction" pictures, i'm really stuck here.  :-[

About Lights and animated object i gonna try now, thanks.

Strange..
And it is placed in data/menu right? Below I'll attach an example of naming on some of my track selection images:

Airtux

Oh god finally i did it ! i can see my pictures on the menu ! :D I'm unsure but i think the problem was with my .tga files.

About lights, you mean the "lamp.max" file ? Because the problem is we can't open .max files with blender  :-\
Btw The Very TrackPack is amazing.

EDIT: Ok i found how to use lights and object animation, i did all with BagEdit, again that was very tedious.

thx
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:29:36 AM by Airtux »