Author Topic: Please implement VR  (Read 623 times)

C3LT

Like many other sim racers, I don't even have a screen on my racing rig any more - all my racing is in VR now.  I played Wreckfest when the early access was first available and really loved it, but I can't go back to 2d racing now that I'm so used to VR. 

I believe Wreckfest would be amazing in VR as, unlike a lot of other racing games, there's a lot of depth to what you see.  Other cars up close, stuff flying everywhere - and that sort of stuff makes VR feel really great.  It'd likely be the best game available for VR if it had a good implementation. 

So please implement VR!  I'd even be happy to pay £20 for a VR patch!

Thanks!

CrashsTestsFr

It has been requested multiple times during early-access, there was no definitive answer, but it has never been a real thing. (and it's a shame, I'd love WF in VR too !)
https://www.crashs-tests.fr
Windows 10 / i7-4790K 4Ghz / nVidia 1080 GTX / 16GB  Xbox One pad / G27 / T500RS
Oculus DK2 & CV1

presuming ed

Yep, another +1 here.

I use an Xbox 360 controller for this game because I couldn't bring myself to use my wheel, shifter and pedals without the VR hat nowadays.

VR owners are always after new experiences, so it may widen the audience to people who would not otherwise buy the game.

I'd pay for a DLC VR addon.

vitualfiutare

Now - this is a brillant game, much more fun than all the racing games I have played over the years. And I am very sure that VR would give this game the ultimate kick. Of course I would be willing to pay for a VR mod!
Please bugbear, jump on the train.
Intel Core i7-6850K 6x3,6GHz, Nvidia Titan X Pascal, 64GB DDR4-2666, RSeat RS1, Fanatec Club Sport Wheel & Pedals, 43'' LG 4k, Oculus Rift CV1

vveyro

When VR appeared, I thought all racing games and similar would support it :/ For layman, it seems simple, just render 2 images from a bit different angles, done.  But apparently not so.  Dirt 4 didn't have this, F1 Codemasters still doesn't have, many games.

Sad, VR is the future of racing games imo (I have tried it, awesome especially for racing). Now it's just too expensive. And requires PC that alone is too expensive for many. Most racing fans would first probably buy a FFB wheel. But many don't have even that. In survey 75% of Wreckfest players used gamepad or other method (not wheel).

But on the other hand, I think VR is more common among sim racers (wheel owners). They are type of players, who often put more money into this
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 01:41:29 PM by vveyro »

Rowdy Burns

I would probably buy PSVR for this game!

Rowdy Burns

Now if only I could be able to watch a banger race in VR!!!

Rowdy Burns

Sorry for the spam but I found 2 more vids of spectator vr in other games... This would a great feature for Wreckfest if VR is implemented in the future.

starione

As a hardcore fan of Flatout 1&2 and early adaptor of Wreckfest it would be one of my biggest dreams come true if Wreckfest gets VR support. Especially with the recently improved force feedback it would be the the most long term fun game in VR. Unfortunately it is too hard for me to make the step back to play racing games on flat screens because racing in VR with a good racing rig is more than my young boys dreams! I hope our friends at Bugbear have similar feelings to make this extra invest of time for a (yet) smaller but very passionate player group <3

If found already several threats in different forums like the steam community were people are asking for VR support... like here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/3559414588255464505/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:51:02 PM by starione »