Author Topic: Setups for MP  (Read 456 times)

simosimo

I'm a pretty good racer but I always get overtaken in the corners, I use a controller and tend to have 2nd Loose suspension ,or 3rd Stiff for tarmac. Open diff for my RWD cars, Max Rear bias and 3rd Gearing. The issue I have is when I turn into a corner and drop speed my car doesn't accelerate despite being in low RPMS. Yet I'll see other people keeping traction and maintaining speed.

A little disheartening when you're doing well and then you get outpaced. I get a lot of speed loss in corners and wondering if it's a setup issue. I'm not REALLY sure what diff does (despite the in game info). I used to be full Locked but since changing to fully Open the cars handle nicer.

I use a PS4 controller with the default settings, maybe my acceleration settings need a tweak? Wondering what the little secret tweak is here for maximum performance online. Aka A-Class city :)

OH! I also use FULL ABS and Half Traction control, wonder if the TC is doing me in the corners perhaps?

I've though about going manual but it's too much faff as reverse gear is annoying and there's too much going in to be worrying about manual gearings on top of everything else!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 01:24:04 PM by simosimo »

BenDover

I'm a pretty good racer but I always get overtaken in the corners, I use a controller and tend to have 2nd Loose suspension ,or 3rd Stiff for tarmac. Open diff for my RWD cars, Max Rear bias and 3rd Gearing. The issue I have is when I turn into a corner and drop speed my car doesn't accelerate despite being in low RPMS. Yet I'll see other people keeping traction and maintaining speed.

A little disheartening when you're doing well and then you get outpaced. I get a lot of speed loss in corners and wondering if it's a setup issue. I'm not REALLY sure what diff does (despite the in game info). I used to be full Locked but since changing to fully Open the cars handle nicer.

I use a PS4 controller with the default settings, maybe my acceleration settings need a tweak? Wondering what the little secret tweak is here for maximum performance online. Aka A-Class city :)

OH! I also use FULL ABS and Half Traction control, wonder if the TC is doing me in the corners perhaps?

I've though about going manual but it's too much faff as reverse gear is annoying and there's too much going in to be worrying about manual gearings on top of everything else!

Befor, using assist slowed you down abit, you can still be fast if you know how to drive propperly (this is what I have heard), otherwise I am using no assist and manual gear becuse automatic can change down to 3rd gear in a corner when I clearly can use 4th gear without any problem and that will also be a power loss if automatic changes to a gear thats not really needed for that corner.

You can find what settings I am using on my xbox360 pad here https://steamcommunity.com/id/BensNCG/screenshots/
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

presuming ed

Listen to your revs as you accelerate. If they sound high, but you're not accelerating, then as everyone goes past you your revs drop, then you start increasing speed, you're getting wheelspin.

I too have TC and ABS off completely.

I found with the default controller setup for my (Xbox360) controller, there was too much sensitivity. The game got to 'full' throttle or brake before my controller's triggers got to full throttle or brake. This reduced the range of acceleration and braking and made it harder to avoid wheelspin / lock.

The controller setup menu in game is very good. It lets you change the sensitivity on a slider and there are input bars that show how much gas / brake the game thinks you're pressing. I adjusted those sliders so that full brake / acceleration only occurred when the triggers were fully pressed. It made the game a lot less sensitive to small inputs and meant I could control wheelspin / brake locking much better.

simosimo

Yeah I get that, coming round a corner, full rpm and not much action until the car gets straight. I'll check that out. I use a DS4 pad and had some issues with the triggers but fixed it by using DS4Windows.

Stoney

I used to have problems with the PS4 pad triggers too, also used DS4 to fix it, but that was during pre-release. Since launch my controller is detected just fine and works without DS4 slowing things down. I agree with what has been said. For reasons beyond my control I am forced at the moment to use a pad, I use automatic gearing so I am immediately on the back foot when it comes to exiting corners. But I don't use any other assists.

If you have to use assists, compensate by choosing your line defensively, make others go the long way around and give yourself a few extra seconds to straighten up and apply the power.
getWrecked (Every Friday) @ WreckNET.co.uk

Sirspanky

You can even in Automatic mode, change the gears manually.  I have mine set to automatic and anytime I am cornering and the car starts bogging down, downshift to get that rpm and wheels moving again or upshift to keep the rpms in the power range depending on what's going on.

Heddly

You can even in Automatic mode, change the gears manually.  I have mine set to automatic and anytime I am cornering and the car starts bogging down, downshift to get that rpm and wheels moving again or upshift to keep the rpms in the power range depending on what's going on.

That's what I do also.