Author Topic: Interview with the first customer  (Read 6713 times)

Joonas Laakso

Bugbear Entertainment presents Next Car Game - screenshot

Blast from the past! This is an early shot of side by side racing with destructible environment we found from the archives. Some of the dirt effects may still be in, everything else has been re-done since.

Very late on Friday, 30 August 2013, just moments before midnight, really, the pre-orders for Next Car Game went live here on nextcargame.com. Having just passed the 30% mark on the way to ten thousand pre-orders and the release of the sneak peek, we thought we’d reach out and get to know our first customer.

What is your name or handle?

My name is Aiden Foxx.

Why were you the first fan to pre-order Next Car Game?

A follow up to Flatout you say? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Do you have history with Bugbear games? Which one is your favorite and why?

I got into the Flatout series kinda late, starting with Flatout: Ultimate Carnage not long after its release. After that I was pretty much hooked and clocked hundreds of hours playing the career, Carnage and online modes. Ever since then I’ve been waiting for the true sequel to UC, so I was pumped when I heard about Next Car Game!

Since Ultimate Carnage I have played and loved Unbounded, and am currently on the beta for Driftopia.

What about the “Destruction Derby” games, have you played those?

When I was a kid, me and my brother would play them on the good ol’ PS1. Ah, happy days!

What do you think of real world demolition derby? Have you ever been to an event?

It’s something I’ve never really seen in England, but during trips to America I have seen events advertised. I remember when I was very young my father took me to a destruction event with stunts and monster trucks, and it must have stuck with me because I still remember it today. The love of carnage and destruction is something which lives in the 10 year old inside all of us.

What is the feature you’re most excited about in Next Car Game?

Well, I don’t know… Maybe you could give us a few more hints about what you’ve got in store? Stunt mode perhaps? ;)

What’s your favorite part in the videos and screenshots we’ve released so far?

I love the look of the car customization. It’s always great to be able to add a personal touch to your vehicles.

What’s your platform of choice?

PC!

Keyboard, controller or wheel?

PS3 controller for racing.

Thank you, Aiden! Can’t wait to get your comments on the game once you get your hands on it.

AltS7

Well, that was unexpected. Part of the topic title somehow cheated me but it's still nice!  :)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:16:24 PM by AltS7 »

Wiedidog

nice :D hope he will have much fun with it, the game looks so goooooood :o, thanks bugbear
PRE-ORDER! http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/ IF YOU HAVE BALLS :D.

Notice: I´m not a member of BUGBEAR. I just like the logo!

conso1727

Congratulations to that guy!
But when I will make my YT video about NCG's sneak peek I want to interview Joonas! >: )

KingOfTheCakes

Hah, this was unexpected. Nice screenshot aswell ;}
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Tonza

Yeah, thanks guys for that screenshot :)

AidenFoxx

Still can't believe I was the first pre-order!

Thanks for this opportunity Joonas. Can't wait for that bar to hit 100%! :D

Tech

I love the look of the car customization. It’s always great to be able to add a personal touch to your vehicles.

Car customisation is also something I'm excited about.
Especialy if there wil be custom paintdesigns and body-kits.

Purple44

If I was the first person to pre-order:  ;)

Very late on Friday, 30 August 2013, just moments before midnight, really, the pre-orders for Next Car Game went live here on nextcargame.com. Having just passed the 30% mark on the way to ten thousand pre-orders and the release of the sneak peek, we thought we’d reach out and get to know our first customers.

What is your name or handle?

My name is Purple44. Been Purple44 since I got started racing Flatout 1 online in 2005.

Why were you the first fan to you pre-order Next Car Game?

Because I'm a BIG Flatout fan!!!!

I'm big fan of both Flatout 1 and 2. Have to say I like Flatout 2 a little bit more because all the great modding that got done for FO2 at Flatout Joint!  :)

I had “Destruction Derby” PC game, been to long ago to remember much about the game, except that I enjoy the game. ( 1995 ).

What do you think of real world demolition derby? Have you ever been to an event?

I like going to the Yakima Speedway 4th July derby. I enjoy watching the "bump to pass" derby racing that before the actually derby, more than the derby part.  :P

I did do the derby one year. It was time for "Ernest" to have an honorable death before heading to the scarp yard:

I'm hoping snow tracks will be back.

I like the first video with the demo derby going. :)

PC!

DFGT wheel

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Suggest you guys quote my post and then take out the [quote ] [/quote ] code and then answer Bugbear questions and post your own post.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mopower

Suggest you guys quote my post and then take out the [quote ] [/quote ] code and then answer Bugbear questions and post your own post.

What if I'm nervous and just want to meow instead?
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

neoglow

Lol at some of the answers to questions in this thread!  :)

kody24245

i used to play Destruction Derby raw  my favored levels  was skyscraper battles   just a suggestion

LukeDude759

I kinda feel the need to answer these questions myself, so here you go.

Why did you pre-order Next Car Game?

A follow up to Flatout you say? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

(Aiden took the words right out of my mouth here)

I started playing Flatout when my best childhood friend decided to give me his copy of Flatout 1. I loved it, so naturally, I was really excited when I heard about Flatout 2. They were both really good, and I don't think I can choose one over the other. I didn't hear about Flatout 3 until relatively recently, but seeing a few videos of it, I'm actually glad I didn't.

No. I never had a PS1, but I got the PS2, my first game console, around six years old.

I've been to two monster truck events and one demolition derby event, and both were really fun. At the demolition derby, they first had a race around a track, and then they smashed up each other's cars. Like Aiden says, the love of destruction lives in the 10 year old in all of us.

So far, multiplayer. There's the difference between singleplayer and multiplayer that makes multiplayer so much more fun is racing people who ACTUALLY know what they're doing versus racing people who are PROGRAMMED to know what they're doing.

(Exactly what I was thinking)

PC. Even Palmer Luckey, CEO of Oculus, says the PS4 and Xbox One are far more limited than the PC. In my opinion, people should only have consoles for the exclusive games.

PS3 controller for racing and anything that doesn't work well with binary input. Keyboard and mouse for everything else. Once the Steam controller comes out, though, goodbye to both of those.

Should there be a separate thread for answering these questions?

iMess

You were 6yo when PS2 came out? Man, i feel old. I still own the PC version of Destruction Derby, in its beefy box & manual. There were times when things came in boxes bigger than a DVD case.