Author Topic: Interview with the first customer  (Read 6712 times)

jayjay

My girlfriend of 21 years bought me my playstation 1 with destruction derby for my birthday (lucky me) I played it non stop for 13 hours lol, mind you I admit I fancied sega rally at the time on the sega system , woman eh.

yep im an old fart whos been gaming for decades = luv it  ;)

What got me interested in this game was the fantastic Technology video on steam the destruction/fragments crashes blew me away, keep up the good work.
Its nice to be nice !

FrostBite

i used to play Destruction Derby raw  my favored levels  was skyscraper battles   just a suggestion

O god i just PLAYED that game and that arena over and over again for years , good times :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbugnMVi7tA xD
can't wait for the full version off NCG, gonna be epic!!

Post edited. Please refrain from using foul language. -Ben
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:03:22 PM by Ben Lind »

Zebulon55

Forum's kinda slow lately, so I dredged up a couple of old (almost 4 years!!!) posts of Purple44's and went with it!   ;D

Purple44's post info and answers I agree with are in glowing purple!  :o

Posted by: Purple44
« on: October 01, 2013, 10:45:43 PM »

Suggest you guys quote my post and then take out the [quote ] [/quote ] code and then answer Bugbear questions and post your own post.

Posted by: Purple44
« on: October 01, 2013, 09:50:18 PM »
[/glow]

If I was the first person to pre-order:  ;)

Very late on Friday, 30 August 2013, just moments before midnight, really, the pre-orders for Next Car Game went live here on nextcargame.com. Having just passed the 30% mark on the way to ten thousand pre-orders and the release of the sneak peek, we thought we’d reach out and get to know our first customers.

What is your name or handle?

My name is Zebulon55. My puppy's dog's name is Zebulon and my workstation at work is was number 55.
My avayar is Little Donny.  http://www.cc.com/video-clips/rivtk4/upright-citizens-brigade-little-donny

Why were you the first fan to you pre-order Next Car Game?

Because I'm a BIG Flatout fan!!!!   (agreed!)

Do you have history with Bugbear games? Which one is your favorite and why?

I'm big fan of both Flatout 1 and 2. Have to say I like Flatout 2 a little bit more because all the great modding that got done for FO2 at Flatout Joint!  :)  (yup!)

What about the “Destruction Derby” games, have you played those?

I had “Destruction Derby” PC game,  ( 1995 ).  Also DD2 on PC.  Wreckin' racin'!!! ;D

What do you think of real world demolition derby? Have you ever been to an event?

I prefer the speedier, OTT video game style demo derbies. I find real derbies to be a bit boring unless you're part of a crew.  I've seen a few, mostly from the pits.

What is the feature you’re most excited about in Next Car Game?

I'm hoping snow tracks will be back. and up to 24 player multiplayer!

What’s your favorite part in the videos and screenshots we’ve released so far?

I like the first video with the demo derby going. :)    Works for me.

What’s your platform of choice?

PC!  Gaming on a PC since 1985!

Keyboard, controller or wheel?

Keyboard! I ain't about to try nothin' new.   You kids! Get off my lawn!
[/quote]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:46:52 PM by Zebulon55 »

juggermalt

If I was the first person to pre-order:  ;)

Very late on Friday, 30 August 2013, just moments before midnight, really, the pre-orders for Next Car Game went live here on nextcargame.com. Having just passed the 30% mark on the way to ten thousand pre-orders and the release of the sneak peek, we thought we’d reach out and get to know our first customers.

What is your name or handle?

On here Juggermalt, but now days most know me as SaltySeaDog

Why were you the first fan to you pre-order Next Car Game?

Test Drive: Eve of Destruction. When I was really young (And I went well enough on my Friday tests that dad would rent me a video game for the weekend) I rented Destruction Derby a few times. However it was Eve of Destruction that hooked me on Demolition Derby games, and the lure of a new one was more then enough for me to give my money.

Do you have history with Bugbear games? Which one is your favorite and why?

Never played flatout or any others, I don't know why I guess I was busy playing burnout and going around my mates house to play EoD.

What about the “Destruction Derby” games, have you played those?

As stated above I have, though very limited.

What do you think of real world demolition derby? Have you ever been to an event?

Not a lot but I did go to two or three when I was young and loved it.

What is the feature you’re most excited about in Next Car Game?

While I love multiplayer I do get a little salty on the longer stints (I am SaltySeaDog after all), and my love for derby games was born from EoD so I am really wanting to get my grubby hands on the career. By extension this includes the upgrade system which is coming along nicely!

Edit: Please don't make it shallow, a linear win this race, upgrade this part will break my heart.

What’s your favorite part in the videos and screenshots we’ve released so far?

I am not sure if it was your video but it was a clip from the demo area, sold the game to me in under 30 seconds.

What’s your platform of choice?

PC!

Keyboard, controller or wheel?

Xbox 360 controller, might upgrade to either next gen controller or another wheel (my old one was stolen, still have the pedals :/ ) but for now im stuck with my trusty controller.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 05:19:10 PM by juggermalt »