Author Topic: Gas Guzzlers Extreme  (Read 20563 times)

Purple44

Guys at Gamepires have finish up sequel Gas Guzzlers Extreme.

Thanks to publisher Iceberg Interactive Gas Guzzlers Extreme is being listed at Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/243800

Gas Guzzlers Extreme release day is Oct 8. Steam page does not yet say cost of game yet. But this Gas Guzzlers Extreme Preview article suggest "$24.99 and will be fully integrated with Steam.".

I was interested in Gas Guzzlers: Combat Carnage, but I mostly do multiplayer online, so took a pass on this game.

Watching this video, I see there Capture the Flag and deathmatch modes online. :) So I will keep an eye on this game and see how the multiplayer is doing.

Gas Guzzlers Extreme - Now Playing

About online multiplayer?

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

aerocrane

It seems less of a fully fledged sequel to the first game, but an attempt at bypassing greenlight limbo of the first game by going with a publisher and getting on Steam that way. It is nice to see the game receiving full steamworks integration in the process.

RacerBest

I would love to play this game, but I tried the demo of first Gas Guzzlers and my PC couldn't run it.  :(

AltS7

Thanks for the mention.
Looks like they improved handling and level desigh. If optimization is also good, it's probably 'must buy'.
The bad thing is that there is no pre-order and demo.

Purple44

I would love to play this game, but I tried the demo of first Gas Guzzlers and my PC couldn't run it.  :(

First Gas Guzzlers demo run on my computer and graphics look good. Wish there was demo for the new one.

I did ask this question yesterday over at Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/243800

About online multiplayer?

Purple44 1 Oct @ 7:28pm
Will online only be done through dedicated servers or will there be P2P too?

Either way, will there be an in-game host list to see who hosting?

If only dedicated servers, will there be a tutorial on how to setup a dedicated server and the host options?

Will Gas Guzzlers Extreme have easy way to host and join players online?

LevaOpaki  1 Oct @ 11:51pm
The online will be only through dedicated servers and no P2P.
Multiplayer is playable over internet or LAN.

Every created server can be reported to master server list.
In game you have server list so you can press refresh and get server list from master server. Same as L4D game for example.

We have manual and dedicated server launcher is GUI application so everything is straightforward and very easy to setup. You can join other game with one click.

We will also host official servers on different locations in the world.

dave3d

I wish there was a demo also.
I wasnt very impressed with the first gas guzzler demo.
It was pretty boring, standard car game fare. But, it did seem like it had potential, if they would have injected something more than just weapons into the game.
:(

Purple44

I'm enjoying deathmatch online with cars with weapons right now.

I pick up game on sale for $20. Be warn, not a lot players online right now. Might have to wait until Fridays and Saturdays to find more players online. Gas Guzzlers Extreme online could  pick up in the next few weeks or online could be dead in 2 months. You have been warned.

I started a thread over at Flatout Joint that got some tips for the game:

Gas Guzzlers Extreme

GGE does support a wheel and has advance controller settings. My DFGT wheel is working fine.  :) I talk about my settings in FOJ thread.

If you need something to tide you over until Bugbear releases NCG alpha in December, GGE might do the trick.

Also if you got to have car damage, then might want to pass on GGE.

Purple44

Went online today with Heddly and took on some AI bots in Deathmath and CTF. AI were set to beginner and kick our butts at first until we got use to the modes.

I first we were not sure how CTF work, but we figure it out over TS. There 2 flags that are place on the map, one is blue team, one is red team. You can pick up either flag, then got take your flag to the other flag. If you reach other flag before it get pickup by other team, you get a point for capping the flag and flags are reset.

If other flag is pickup by other team, your team need to destroy player's car with flag before you can cap the flag.

Tip: Need to keep your car repaired when doing deathmatch and CTF.

I think deathmatch will be a popular mode online if online picks up. Online with GGE is still slow so far. Good thing there bots online and you can set how many bots to use.

I'm going try hosting a dedicated server ( after I forward some ports listed in manual ) Saturday at 12 noon pacific time, 3:00pm eastern, 8:00pm London time. Heddly said he could make it, all others are welcome to join my host.

Look for Purple44 host, in server list.

Purple44

Here a repost of my post over at Flatout Joint:

http://flatoutjoint.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=5946.msg30196

Got to do some deathmatch and CTF with a Gamepires Dev last night. We team up against bots set to impossible. We won one match 30-27, Dev (DreeMax) got over 20 kills. He is good at the game!!

Those bots like teaming up on you to take you out. Good thing Devs put a bots option for online since online is slow. Can have a good match with 2-4 online players teaming up against the bots.

Have to say Gamepires Devs have done a good job with online and the hosting options. :) Just need more players online.

I like the rubber banding option in the dedicated server options. I went with Semi-Arcade setting for closer races. Going to post about this option over at Bugbear forum. Think it be a good option to have in Next Car Game.

I also did up a track list and started doing 1 lap races online with password dedicated server and gave the tracks 1-4 star rating. So I can get an idea of what good tracks and arenas I want to host with.

Track List:

Desert tracks:

1.  Camel Toe Trophy
2.  Azra Trophy
3.  El Ahlan Challenge
1r  Muhammara Rally - ****
2r  Desert Fever Trophy
3r  Baklava Trophy

Death-Valley tracks:

1.  Mud Spring Trophy
2.  Badwater Basin Rally
3.  Furnace Creek Pass
4.  Death Valley Challenge

Forrest-Lake tracks:

1.  Balcanica Challenge
2.  Crapstone Speedway
3.  Knodelfurt Pokal
1r  Krapina Challenge
2r  Ringelspiel Turnier
3r  Forrest Gimp Autorenn

Race-Track tracks:

1.  Circuito De Maipu
2.  Monteton Rally
3.  Saint-Ferme Gran Prix
4.  Course De Corps-Nuds
5.  Achadhluachrach
1r  Copa De La Chorizo
2r  Tour de Beaujolais
3r  Coupe D'Escargot
4r  Tour De Transe
5r  Peiness Trophy

Red-Rock tracks:

1.  Swelling Butte Challenge
2.  Uncle Jimbo Trail
3.  Navajo Smudge
4.  Rawhide Road
5.  River Rail Rally
6.  Elephant Butte Pass

Texas tracks:

2.  Tombstone Road
3.  Buttzville Pass Rally
2r  Middlefart Creek Trophy
3r  Cowlic Challenge

Winter tracks:

1.  God's Dam Circuit
2.  Lederhosen Pokal
3.  Kattsaarten Rally
1r  Shovelmania Trophy
2r  Dirndl Pokal - asphalt
3r  Snormossen Rally

Arena Tracks:

CANYON
CASTLEVANIA
DESERT
JUNKYARD
PORT
PUBLIC GARAGE
ROUTE 66
WINTER CASTLE

John Burning

Just tell me, guys, is it awesome?

Purple44

Just tell me, guys, is it awesome?

Can't say the game is awesome, like Flatout and GRID 1 derby racing. Racing with weapons is OK. It Deathmatch and Capture the Flag mode online where Gas Guzzlers Extreme shines. Problem is there not a whole lot of players online, even on a Saturday. :(

http://steamcharts.com/app/243800#1m
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:18:54 AM by Purple44 »

John Burning

Okay, thanks! :)

AltS7

Purple, can you tell when you're playing & in what time (with your timezone) you've seen most people online? I want to try sometime.

Purple44

Purple, can you tell when you're playing & in what time (with your timezone) you've seen most people online? I want to try sometime.

Hi, I live in the pacific time zone here in eastern Washington, US. I've been trying to go online on Saturdays, around 1:00pm pacific, 4:00pm eastern, 9:00pm London time.

I was thinking of going online later today ( Wed ), around 1:00pm pacific time. Maybe I see ya online. :) Send me a PM with your Steam user name and I will add you to friends list.

If you look at link below, peak time for GGE is around 12 noon pacific time, 3:00pm eastern, 8:00pm London time.

http://steamcharts.com/app/243800#7d
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:17:19 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Only one server with a few players I can join, but it Sionecold South Afcica server with a PING of 352. I'm laggy on that server. :(

So decide to do some GRID 2 derby racing with Pink. Got a full house.  :)