Author Topic: Gas Guzzlers Extreme  (Read 30749 times)

Nitishajack

What can i say, its awsome game, so replayable, with unbelivable and crazy multiplayer! Team races and modes are my favourite, CTF is unique for racing game world.Old School Game where anything depends on your skills.

Purple44

What can i say, its awsome game, so replayable, with unbelivable and crazy multiplayer! Team races and modes are my favourite, CTF is unique for racing game world.Old School Game where anything depends on your skills.

You going come join us Saturday? We got room for couple more players, had 6 players last Saturday night.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Zebulon55

I had a good time on your server last night. Purple.
We got a full house.
More people need to get on multiplayer with this game.

For potential players:
One of the DLC betatesters was there and showed us some upcoming features and a quick turn trick, and mentioned that derby mode may be included with the DLC.
If I understood him correctly.
He was damn good at the game, and me, not so much. But I had a good time anyway.
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Purple44

Was my first time having a full lobby with Gas Guzzlers last night.  :D I took a pic when soul was telling us how do 180 turn around so you could shoot the guy that chasing you.

I ending up hosting for over 5 hours Saturday night.  :o

See ya next Saturday Zeb.

Purple44

host is up  :D

RacerBest

For this week the game is on sale (-66%) at Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/243800/

AltS7

For this week the game is on sale (-66%) at Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/243800/
Plus 1st DLC released.

Full Metal Frenzy:
    Zagreb arena: a totally true-to-life depiction of the old downtown area of the Croatian capital, where the developers of this game reside !
    Cowboy arena: a huge wild west map where dirt rules and anything goes.
    Two new cars: the Stallion and the Rhino JTL. For that extra muscle.
    All new female announcer.
    Two new power-ups, Invisibility & Stun Grenades (who threw that???).
    Three new games modes: Dominator, Destruction Derby and Domination Derby (all single- and multi-player).
    New police skin. No-one drives like the Feds...

« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:52:22 PM by AltS7 »

Purple44

Thanks Alt for the heads up. I have some questions about the DLCs before I buy, so I posted my questions here. Hope a Dev will answer:

GAS GUZZLERS EXTREME - FULL METAL FRENZY DLC

Zebulon55

Missed ya Saturday night, Purple.....
....and with summer coming, Saturday nights may soon become more difficult to schedule..... :'(
....but I'll be there when I can. 8)

Tried Sunday evening, but the servers were empty. So I played with myself. (and the AI). ;D

Are you getting the DLC? I'm going to. I've got lots of fun out of the game for what it cost. I can easily justify paying another $4.99.
Not so sure about the zombie DLC later this summer, though.  :-\
Unless they find some fresh approach to killing zombies - the concept is rather hackneyed. :P

Lame, I know.

KazzyMac

I'd play on the weekends but I'm in England so I'd probably lag everywhere...

And I'm usually doing other stuff on Saturday nights. :-(
My Lam0r Rig:

Corsair Graphite 780T & Corsair H100i liquid cooler
Intel i7-3930K @ 4.2Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM
MSI GTX980 4G OC, 4GB GDDR5
256GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD & 2TB Samsung SATA HDD
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
27" Asus VS278Q (1ms)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

AltS7

Devs showed how their Destruction Derby mode from Full Metal Frenzy DLC looks like.

Purple44

I went ahead and got the Full Metal Frenzy DLC to give it a try. The 2 new arenas are on the tougher side since the arenas have blocks of buildings you have to get around to get to the guy you are after.

The Zagreb map does have a plaza in the middle of the city to have a full on battle going on.

I like the 2 new cars. The Stallion I thing will be very useful in a deathmatch.  ;) And the Micro GT look like a mini cooper and I'm a fan of mini coopers.  :) Be warn that Gas Guzzler Steam page has the wrong car listed:

• Two new cars: the Stallion and the Rhino JTL. Should of said Micro GT

Had trouble trying to find these 2 new DLC cars online, give this thread a read on how to get to use the 2 new cars online:  Can't find one of the new DLC cars.

Here a post explaining the 3 new modes in GGE:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/243800/discussions/0/540741131912550234/

Quote from: Deda Stojko

@TOG
Dominator is a mode similar to DM/TDM. you have to score points by killing other players BUT to score point you have to carry dominator flag. All other kills (from player without flag) are added to stats but are not included in the final match score count. Player who has a flag is tagged with skull'n'bones marker and cannot hide (unless he takes invisibility power up :)) Game mode is pretty intense since (if you play it in single play) all players chase the flag carrier.

Destruction Derby - is a classic smash/kill DM mode. you kill other opponents by ramming into them. For each kill you are rewarded by additional health and nitro. this mode is totally stress free and really fun to play. you inflict damage to other vehicles depending where you hit them, the best way to destroy opponent cars is to use nitro and ram them from side. players are respawned after death.

Domination Derby - is combination of Derby and Dominator mode. This mode is a bit difficult and it takes certain amount of skill to score the point but it's rewarding once you find proper tactics how to win.

The online hosting list now show 3 new icons for the 3 new modes and under DLC, you see NONE and FMF ( Full Metal Frenzy ). I wonder how host list will handle the next DLC, Full Metal Zombie. Will it look something like this: FMF+FMZ?

Will get an error message if click a host with a DLC you don't have. The Gamepires Devs have handle this part of doing DLCs correctly. Error message tell player the name of the missing DLC, so player has an idea what he will need to join host. To bad Codemasters did not do this with GRID 2!!

For now, I think I will stick to hosting with stock Gas Guzzlers Extreme and wait until the Full Metal Zombie get release later this summer and then see if you guys want to get both DLCs. I would hope Gamepires will offer a bundle deal where you can buy both DLCs at a reduce price, say $8 for the 2 dlcs instead of $5 for each one. Both even at $5 for each DLC, that not a bad price.

One problem with DLCs, they can divide the online community and with GGE online community being small already, I thing this could be a problem.

Here a post on how the Devs went about making Zagreb arena:

Zagreb map is SOOOOO much art

Zagreb Arena we wanted to make it as a showcase; to show that a real location can be fully transferred into a game and be fully functional for a gameplay purposes.

The process starts by taking hi-res pictures of real location. We had spent 5 days taking pictures of the buildings, roads, pavements and all other necessary details (including 360x180 degrees panoramic full HDR photos on several spots to match lighting of the level to a real area ).

There's no easy way to do it but to hit the road with DLSR cameras. I think that we've taken over have 30+GB of photo materials. One additional day was spent to make measurements of the buildings’ positions so that we don’t make mistake in proportions.

Finally when the fieldwork was done we started to build up the city module. First, all textures have to be sorted out and associated with the structures that we want to create. After sorting them out color textures have to be cleared from people passing by and other obstacles. Then we create normal, specular, reflection and albedo textures (all in high res – ranging from 2K to 4K pixels, giving us full range of setups from low to high end platforms).

There is a certain amount of texture optimization that need to be done as well; since most of the buildings are tiled (the same windows are repeated in columns) we create skin textures for all buildings. That allows us to have high resolution textures on all buildings with a high amount of details (you can practically read the product titles in the store windows).

After all textures are finalized we start to make the physical models, first with basic layout and spacing by creating the level from boxes to make sure that all the dimensions are good. Eventually when buildings are completed we replace placeholders with final models.

When most of the level is completed we start to work on additional details, such as statues, garbage cans, street lamps and all other objects which are unique to the specific location. After those objects are completed we determine which props will be interactive and make detailed interactions for them too.

When most of the level is completed we begin creating background models along with textures. The BCG models are simple representations of distant buildings; actually they're considered to be place holders for possible future level expansions. Eventually in the future we can just make new sections of the city and replace it instead of having the bcg models in the level. :)

Finally when the level is finalized we bake the ambient occlusion for all surroundings so that things fit more naturally inside.

Here are some facts from Zagreb arena:
- 60+ buildings were made
- 400+ hi res textures
- Terrain
- 20+ unique objects (props, lamps, signs, statues, etc..) with destruction models were made
- 5+ trees or plants
- Playable level covers approx. 140,000.00 square meters (1,560,000.00 sq ft)
- Total level with BCG models covers approx. 500,000 square meters (5,400,000.00 sq ft)

Piece of cake, hope it was worth it :)

Purple44

I went ahead and got the Full Metal Frenzy DLC to give it a try. The 2 new arenas are on the tougher side since the arenas have blocks of buildings you have to get around to get to the guy you are after.

The Zagreb map does have a plaza in the middle of the city to have a full on battle going on.

I like the 2 new cars. The Stallion I thing will be very useful in a deathmatch.  ;) And the Micro GT look like a mini cooper and I'm a fan of mini coopers.  :) Be warn that Gas Guzzler Steam page has the wrong car listed:

• Two new cars: the Stallion and the Rhino JTL. Should of said Micro GT

Had trouble trying to find these 2 new DLC cars online, give this thread a read on how to get to use the 2 new cars online:  Can't find one of the new DLC cars.

Here a post explaining the 3 new modes in GGE:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/243800/discussions/0/540741131912550234/

@TOG
Dominator is a mode similar to DM/TDM. you have to score points by killing other players BUT to score point you have to carry dominator flag. All other kills (from player without flag) are added to stats but are not included in the final match score count. Player who has a flag is tagged with skull'n'bones marker and cannot hide (unless he takes invisibility power up :)) Game mode is pretty intense since (if you play it in single play) all players chase the flag carrier.

Destruction Derby - is a classic smash/kill DM mode. you kill other opponents by ramming into them. For each kill you are rewarded by additional health and nitro. this mode is totally stress free and really fun to play. you inflict damage to other vehicles depending where you hit them, the best way to destroy opponent cars is to use nitro and ram them from side. players are respawned after death.

Domination Derby - is combination of Derby and Dominator mode. This mode is a bit difficult and it takes certain amount of skill to score the point but it's rewarding once you find proper tactics how to win.

The online hosting list now show 3 new icons for the 3 new modes and under DLC, you see NONE and FMF ( Full Metal Frenzy ). I wonder how host list will handle the next DLC, Full Metal Zombie. Will it look something like this: FMF+FMZ?

Will get an error message if click a host with a DLC you don't have. The Gamepires Devs have handle this part of doing DLCs correctly. Error message tell player the name of the missing DLC, so player has an idea what he will need to join host. To bad Codemasters did not do this with GRID 2!!

For now, I think I will stick to hosting with stock Gas Guzzlers Extreme and wait until the Full Metal Zombie get release later this summer and then see if you guys want to get both DLCs. I would hope Gamepires will offer a bundle deal where you can buy both DLCs at a reduce price, say $8 for the 2 dlcs instead of $5 for each one. Both even at $5 for each DLC, that not a bad price.

One problem with DLCs, they can divide the online community and with GGE online community being small already, I thing this could be a problem.

Here a post on how the Devs went about making Zagreb arena:

Zagreb map is SOOOOO much art

Zagreb Arena we wanted to make it as a showcase; to show that a real location can be fully transferred into a game and be fully functional for a gameplay purposes.

The process starts by taking hi-res pictures of real location. We had spent 5 days taking pictures of the buildings, roads, pavements and all other necessary details (including 360x180 degrees panoramic full HDR photos on several spots to match lighting of the level to a real area ).

There's no easy way to do it but to hit the road with DLSR cameras. I think that we've taken over have 30+GB of photo materials. One additional day was spent to make measurements of the buildings’ positions so that we don’t make mistake in proportions.

Finally when the fieldwork was done we started to build up the city module. First, all textures have to be sorted out and associated with the structures that we want to create. After sorting them out color textures have to be cleared from people passing by and other obstacles. Then we create normal, specular, reflection and albedo textures (all in high res – ranging from 2K to 4K pixels, giving us full range of setups from low to high end platforms).

There is a certain amount of texture optimization that need to be done as well; since most of the buildings are tiled (the same windows are repeated in columns) we create skin textures for all buildings. That allows us to have high resolution textures on all buildings with a high amount of details (you can practically read the product titles in the store windows).

After all textures are finalized we start to make the physical models, first with basic layout and spacing by creating the level from boxes to make sure that all the dimensions are good. Eventually when buildings are completed we replace placeholders with final models.

When most of the level is completed we start to work on additional details, such as statues, garbage cans, street lamps and all other objects which are unique to the specific location. After those objects are completed we determine which props will be interactive and make detailed interactions for them too.

When most of the level is completed we begin creating background models along with textures. The BCG models are simple representations of distant buildings; actually they're considered to be place holders for possible future level expansions. Eventually in the future we can just make new sections of the city and replace it instead of having the bcg models in the level. :)

Finally when the level is finalized we bake the ambient occlusion for all surroundings so that things fit more naturally inside.

Here are some facts from Zagreb arena:
- 60+ buildings were made
- 400+ hi res textures
- Terrain
- 20+ unique objects (props, lamps, signs, statues, etc..) with destruction models were made
- 5+ trees or plants
- Playable level covers approx. 140,000.00 square meters (1,560,000.00 sq ft)
- Total level with BCG models covers approx. 500,000 square meters (5,400,000.00 sq ft)

Piece of cake, hope it was worth it :)

Will be hosting GGE again in about 2 hours. These days I'm still hosting Saturdays, 7:00pm pacific time, 10:00pm eastern time, 3:00am Sunday London time, come join.

Zebulon55

Will be hosting GGE again in about 2 hours. These days I'm still hosting Saturdays, 7:00pm pacific time, 10:00pm eastern time, 3:00am Sunday London time, come join.

Sorry I got there late, Purple.  Had a few of beers sitting around a bonfire for a few hours first.

When I did get there, it was 6/8 players. Did you get a full house at any time?

It seems like there are a few more players showing up on the servers recently.

Lame, I know.

Purple44

No full house tonight. Did get to 6 players earlier in the night for awhile. Saw some new players at level 1-3. I think they took advantage of the Steam sale this week.

WEEK LONG DEAL! Offer ends in 31:51:13
-66%
$24.99
$8.49

http://store.steampowered.com/app/243800

Look like sale still going on for a few more days.

We had some close deatrmatches and races tonight. That one deathmatch with 4 teams, 3 of the teams were tie at 17,17,17 about 20 seconds before the end of the match.  :o  :)