Author Topic: Game is going black screen without warning  (Read 589 times)

jasonjustis

I have lower end gfx card than you... yet I have not these problems.

Maybe you are using your laptop graphics instead?

I am not on a laptop.  I have a tower sitting next to me with a two monitor setup.

UPDATE:  I went to join a race online and it did it again as soon as I joined, this time giving me a little bitty popup saying "Texture <something> 256 x 256."

I just got this computer about two weeks ago, I don't see how it should have a video driver going bad.
Processor:  Intel Core i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50 GHz  3.50 GHz
RAM:  16.0 GB
System type:  64-bit Operating System

Purple44

Now I'm having another problem.

I've managed to complete most of the Regional Juniors tour of Career mode, but the Banger Racing "Banger Blitz" and the Banger Derby "Micro Madness" selections remain locked.  When I highlight them, looking at the car restrictions at the bottom, it says "All Types" on the Blitz and "Compact" on the Micro Madness, but I own two banger cars and two compact cars, so I don't understand why I can't do them.  Why do they remain locked?  My Championship progress in this section is complete as I currently have 1760/2000.  Is this a glitch?  Am I going to have to start my career over?

Does it show you have a car you own that will work for this race? These are C class races, your cars you think should work for these races, they also C class? If they are B class, can downgrade engine to make a car C class.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

jasonjustis

I downloaded that driver and ran the exe, but it's still going black screen.  Do I need to restart my computer first?  Is it necessary to uninstall other drivers first?

Purple44

I downloaded that driver and ran the exe, but it's still going black screen.  Do I need to restart my computer first?  Is it necessary to uninstall other drivers first?

Should always uninstall old video driver before installing a new version.

Some guys, like me, use a program called Driver Sweeper, to remove old video card drivers:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/driver-sweeper-download.html

jasonjustis

Is uninstalling old drivers going to negatively affect other games like NR2003?  I'm doing a full season league and I can't have that game stop working, can't afford to miss any races.

Purple44

Is uninstalling old drivers going to negatively affect other games like NR2003?  I'm doing a full season league and I can't have that game stop working, can't afford to miss any races.

I would do a Windows restore point. then do the uninstalling, installing. If drivers don't work, should be able to do a restore to get old drivers back.