Author Topic: Developers...can you plz address this serious issue  (Read 273 times)

redarmy

Hi all,im sure your all aware of the crashes when selecting the settings menu...So many people have reported it,the DEVs apparently fixed it with previous update,but whatever the fix was it didnt work.

This issue has been there a loooong time. I want Bugbear to comment DIRECTLY on this.I am requestiong you guys(the DEVs) to create an option Config folder in the games directory,that we can alter the settings from(anything like music on/off etc)  im sure this is possible.I am unable to configure therefore play this game since i bought it last week.

I have faith in the DEVs,but im tired of waiting for the magical fix..please do this in the meantime.

Hope you can understand the frustration i and others have at this point.

Cheers

Purple44

Devs are on summer vacation, so may be a few weeks yet before we see a new hotfix release.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

redarmy

ok thanks man...an ETA on time of return? im just drawing attention to this as maybe devs think they already fixed issue

Purple44

Depends on the Dev, Some went on vacation a week or 2 after final release, June 14, some Dev stay in the studio and been working on the last 4 hotfixes. Janne, one the main Devs we see in the forums, went quiet a couple weeks ago after the last hotfix release. So might be a couple more weeks before we see Janne posting in the forums again.

redarmy

ok cheers,i just posted on steam this...maybe its better here too, copy n paste...

Maybe this info can hekp.....

after recording with my phone,a video of my screen when accessing settings(at which point game crashes,BUT i get to see the options menu for a split second)....i noticed some settings quite odd after replaying the video and pausing on the frame where options menu displayed for that split second...what it read was "odd"...

resolution       <option>
aspect ratio    <option>
(something) mode   <option>
refresh rate     <option>
vertical sync    <option>

OK...So, why does it say "<option>" , and not the actual figure like..

resolution   <1920x1080p>  ?

could this be a clue to the bug perhaps?  maybe the game is not PRE DEFINING some settings that it should be? IE could be related to graphic card issues?  may be a shot in the dark but il post this anyway for more eperienced trouble shooters

Purple44

ok cheers,i just posted on steam this...maybe its better here too, copy n paste...

Maybe this info can hekp.....

after recording with my phone,a video of my screen when accessing settings(at which point game crashes,BUT i get to see the options menu for a split second)....i noticed some settings quite odd after replaying the video and pausing on the frame where options menu displayed for that split second...what it read was "odd"...

resolution       <option>
aspect ratio    <option>
(something) mode   <option>
refresh rate     <option>
vertical sync    <option>

OK...So, why does it say "<option>" , and not the actual figure like..

resolution   <1920x1080p>  ?

could this be a clue to the bug perhaps?  maybe the game is not PRE DEFINING some settings that it should be? IE could be related to graphic card issues?  may be a shot in the dark but il post this anyway for more eperienced trouble shooters

I wonder if it be worth trying to use the launch option to bring up setup window before Wreckfest starts and see if it all look OK?

Right click on Wreckfest in your Steam library, go Properties. Click Set Launch options. Type in:  -setup

This bring up the setup window you saw first time you ran Wreckfest.

redarmy

Thanks man,

though yes,i have this set,iv tried to configure certain graphical options from there and test settings,though its always crashing regardless.

Zebulon55

The file settings.conf under

Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxx\228380\local\wreckfest

is readable using bagedit.  The number represented by xxxxxxxx is unique to your steam account.

Those values that you see as <option> are defined in that configuration file.

Does your settings.conf have the seemingly correct info?

Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.