Author Topic: Why Pine Hills alternative long route is not in the game?  (Read 1337 times)

vveyro

Why this is not in the official game?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1443040841

Someone modded it in already. The route is great, why leave that out? Or is this coming later?

Daystar

Why this is not in the official game?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1443040841

Someone modded it in already. The route is great, why leave that out? Or is this coming later?

Now that is a good question! I think it is a lot of fun. has some real tricky areas where you really have to brake hard.

Cannot wait to watch BrianUK's race day event! yes this is the track they will be racing on, and with Realistic damages enabled. should be a very interesting event!

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 12:59:40 PM by Daystar »

Daystar

Also I would like to add, playing this track in elimination mode + my All Cars AI SET mod is a real blast!
because of all the buses and harvesters hanged up in corner areas lmao!

BenDover

Yeah some tracks already out there should get their alt routes added befor adding new content, and when we are on the content concept I would like more tracks, maybe make some kind of cooperation with creators that make tracks, let them make/add current ones they have done and let BB take a look at them, I know its more then just adding them anyway and with some legal stuff but could this not be done anyway in someway or something?

Why I ask is becuse there are alot of good racing tracks out there but cannot be played on a vanilla server, therefor I always wanted "better" mod support.

Like I said, its more to it then just add tracks to the game even if you as a creator agrees with it, but would you ppl who make tracks etc mind if they added your tracks to the vanilla game?
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

vveyro

Well, buying rights to few best mod tracks + add BBs finishing touch like official quality textures/optimization would be great. Or if creators allow using their work, simply by getting their names into credits.

Like handful of best tracks from TVTP (big fan of Blacksail valley, SCA and few others), 8-o-rama etc.. They will never see as much online play, if they remain as mods. Also PS4/Xbox users will never get to play it.... Dunno if this would be legally possible

BB should start by adding existing alt routes (+reverse) hidden in official tracks
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 04:36:31 PM by vveyro »

Speedevil

There's a problem with adding mod tracks to the vanilla game. Some are copyrighted (for example the Destruction Derby tracks), real tracks could require an authorisation (for example TVE's Konsmo raceway), and if the track's author wants them to remove it from the game, they'll have to do it, unless they sign some sort of contract giving the rights to their content to Bugbear.

vveyro

Other games work around the licensing issue, by not using real tracknames I think.

For example game called Automobilista has Suzuka, but it's called "Kansai", even when it's 1:1 Suzuka. Makers of Automobilista are very small studio with small resources, and Suzuka is notorious for expensive track license. That is why Assetto Corsa abandoned idea of making Suzuka DLC (they were in negotiations, but price was too high). Doubt Automobilista makers paid a dime for it. And you could make small changes to the track so it's not 1:1, kinda like the cars are now (based on real cars, but unlicensed)

But yeah dunno how tracks influenced by Destruction Derby would work, legality wise. Of course signing a contract would be required, regardless if creators would give their work for free or against payment
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 01:10:22 AM by vveyro »

The Very End

Think they are safe if they just rename them. Most of the tracks have similarities but not identical copies, which coupled with a name change probably would be alright.
I think every sane modder would  be willingly to give away their work to get it into the game. Most of us are mostly motivated by being recognized for our work, or, sort of ego trip if you like haha

Speedevil

They've already got a 1 to 1 reproduction of Vålerbanen with a different name, so it's probably not much of an issue, that's sure.

sam223

People always say you cant host mods online as no one will join them. But for nearly 2 years ive hosted 4 mods,with a specific mod order and had thousands of players in that time. The bangers mod now has many sub mods of the base mod,leagues and sub communities, some of which have never played or have no interest in the vanilla game at all.

It couldn't be more unfriendly to players in terms of getting setup. Huge download,specific mod order,constantly broken by bugbear,endless client mismatches from updates etc etc. But the players still persevere because they want to play the mods online.

Maybe the same needs to happen with other mods, someone actually put a server up and maintain it. People will join if that's the game play they want.

Of course would be nice if bugbear added some things to the base game,maybe. But IMO, there's no reason to not run them now as mods, incase adding them to the base game never happens.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 09:57:51 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

vveyro

True. But lot of users seem to complain on Steam forums about "lack of content". Like its too complex for them to go to Workshop, click mouse few times. Or negative preconception about mods being "lower quality"

But console version would greatly benefit from extra tracks (mods made official) too. Console market is much bigger than PC market. PS4 version alone usually massively outsells PC version, in almost any game. With already good reviews under their belt, Wreckfest would sell like hot cakes, if they could advertise with "now with even more tracks!" kind of thing
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 01:18:18 AM by vveyro »

sam223

I agree with the console side, and its not that uncommon for developers to polish up 3rd party content post game release, to provide additional content.More difficult on consoles maybe? As TVE said i think most would give their consent. I just don't think you should wait as a PC player.

Maybe bugbear could run a few community events using their servers when they get back, maybe some with mods.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 02:49:35 AM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Purple44

I use the Saturday Night Mods night to give some track mods some exposure, like my track mods. ;)

Do think it be a good idea for Bugbear to pick some custom mods, custom car and track mods, get modders permission and put the mods together so they all play nice and release a free mods DLC for PC and consoles.  :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

PsychOXRat

Ideally, they shouldn't need to get permission from me to put their own track route into their game. I merely did it after not getting an answer about them getting added the various different times I had asked
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 05:53:34 PM by PsychOXRat »
System Specs: Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

Speedevil

I don't think they'll ever release your long route, as there's a turn that doesn't seem intended at some point, but the shorter route where you go around the outer route intead of the hairpin will probably be added at some point.