Author Topic: silly lap amount as is  (Read 366 times)

redarmy

I started career only to be shocked that there is only THREE....3...Laps in a race. This is a huge game changer,as it totally alters your fun from possible to impossible.

Hear me out,how are you supposed to catch first(even have a FAIR chance i mean) when you start way in the back?
I dont think im alone in thinking its a better idea to have it set to at least 6 if not more laps per race.This also extends career mode WITHOUT making it a grind.

Another reason this is a good idea....AI DNFs,they are always fun to see and driving past a wrecked AI(the more the better for drama,unpredictability and challange)

Another reason,aiming to set personal best laps.

track learning and knowledge(the human brain retains 10% of what we see ,hear and experience) therefore a 10 lap race improves our skills way better than a 3 lapper Thats 100% retention.

It adds "survivability" into the equasion,forcing the human player to have some semblance of tactics going into the event(do we wana bide our time,hoping AI wreck and then mop up? Or gun the hell out of it)

Finally,it makes a 4 race etc, event seem more like an event and not an "insert coin for a quick arcade race" experience.

There are some other small reasons i personally want this,but my points are valid and i think the design decision of 3 laps is flawed,completely and it needs to change or even have the option to change. Im not playing this game long i admit,but its my take so far.

possibly on higher than junior events there are more laps? can anyone confirm this? i cant find info on it
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 03:59:20 AM by redarmy »

Defectiv

There will be longer races in the career (6 lap) but I do agree. I wish all races were longer.

In a three lap race, especially on the shorter courses, your race is basically decided in the first half lap. If you can't ram your way forward to top five or so by then you can usually forget winning. A single tap early on, getting caught in a pile up, and there is no time to recover with those short races.

Sometimes it also makes it very hard to get the challenge stars and win at the same time simply because time is too limited. Let alone near impossible when you have to cause a certain level of damage and win whilst playing realistic damage. Then you simply can't just plow into everyone because your own car will be toast within half a lap but you can't be careful either as you simply don't have the time to be careful and still win, whilst doing the damage required to get the stars. Which makes it very much a somewhat frustrating game of chance.

This is all based on my experience with expert level, no assists, normal or realistic damage depending on my mood, the track, the star challenge.

But thinking about it... This might be a nice idea for a mod.
CPU: i7-7700 Mem: 32gb GFX: GTX 1080ti OS: W10x64

redarmy

can you mod it in mate?

iv looked into it myself but being totally new im really stuck at the moment

sam223

can you mod it in mate?

iv looked into it myself but being totally new im really stuck at the moment
You can modify/add to almost everything other than game modes and the backer car
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

redarmy

could you tell me which files i edit in career folder with bagedit in order to increase lap count for ALL career races?

i looked,but the term "lap number" only appears in "multi event" and i believe thats the elimination event(not folk racing or others for example)

Defectiv

Didn't try yet but I do think it's the multirace thing.

In carreer/cs they refer to these items. So I'm pretty sure its these.

redarmy

Oh ok,nice one.

I will edit them all after work and if it works for me il let you know. I could try and make a few different files (one 10 laps/one extended 15 lapper)
if all is ok i could try and upload it as a mod.Im suprised no one has yet

redarmy

OK i spent some time with Bagedit tool,and have modified some parts of the career races.

I have changed all races that should be 3 laps,to 10 laps/6 laps to 10 also each.I been in game and tested,all seems to work fine...(bare in mind im new at this game,my career is in its infancy im only able to access juniors events so thats all thats tested so far,but the other events in higher tiers should also have 10 laps where there once was 3,also events with 6 laps are now 10).

@Defectiv  if you like a can send you the modded files,if anyone else is interested in this as a mod,say so here and il happily upload it to steam workshop when i get time.

Happy wreckin all
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 06:31:03 PM by redarmy »

Defectiv

Great to know it works, haven't had time yet to try it out.

But I think I'll edit it myself, I want races to be more equal in length. So on a long track it might get six or seven laps but on a short one it might get 10 or 15. High damage tracks kept a bit lower compared to regular tracks to keep them survivable. And higher tiers to be longer compared to lower ones.

But first RL should give me time to even play the game :D