Author Topic: Anybody out there want to make some 3D Bugbear icons?  (Read 760 times)

Purple44

Was at work and got to thinking about my Cops and Robbers mod ( will start working on C & R mod next month ) and remember Tads posting these pics in the Wreckfest discord channel:

So I got thinking it be great to have 3d version of some of the Bugbear icons that been used in my track mods ( art work done by Zeb, inspired from John Buming drawings )

So is there anybody out there that like show off their modeling skills and make a 3D cop and a robber Bugbear icon without the blur? And a purple and green Bugbear beer bottles?

I also got thinking about beer bottle, we have signs that break apart into smaller pieces in Wreckfest, would it be possible to make two versions of the Bugbear beer bottle, one solid version and one that would shatter?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Zebulon55

.png files on imgur:

bottle:

https://imgur.com/6bIUXMf

Cop & Robber :

https://imgur.com/H0hf7VS

See if ya can work with those. I'm assuming Purp wants the 3D look to the hats.
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Purple44

The black in the pics are alpha transparency, Zeb told me. If click image, the black background will turn white.

Thanks for posts pics Zeb.   :D

Purple44

bump

Purple44

Nobody out there interested in making some 3D Bugbear icons?

MarcellusW

As a side project I 'm playing around with your request.  ; )

However, I'm unsure if you want it like in Tads picture or in a more 3d like way, like an egg ? ( my approach is the latter )

Purple44

Hi MarcellusW. If it in a 3D shape, I think I will be happy. :)

Hey, do you still need these 3D icons ?
ANd by the way, check out my livery pack mod, I did 3 police liveries if you want ! :)

MarcellusW

Partial succes.
I turns out that this works in pretty much the same way as any other dynamic objects that break on impact.

I got the bottle breaking in pieces, but only 1 part of the bottle is visible at start, the rest of the bottle becomes visible after it gets hit.

The bottle consists of 49 objects, the bottom part being the "main" part, the rest have "$pxx behind the name. ( bugbear uses both $pxx and $partxx )
I have parented the $pxx objects (children)  to the main object ( parent ) to link them. ( is this the correct way? )

Cheers

Purple44

Hey, do you still need these 3D icons ?
ANd by the way, check out my livery pack mod, I did 3 police liveries if you want ! :)

Hi, MarcellusW working on a breakable beer bottle. Might check with him to see which 3D icons he working on, so you guys don't end up doing the same ones.

You got a link to the livery pack? I be very interested in new police liveries for the Cops and Robbers mod.  :)

Sure ! Here is the link : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1323268935

And so Marcellus, what 3D objects can I do to help you ?

Purple44

Sure ! Here is the link : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1323268935

Your police skins will do nicely for my Cops and Robbers mod!  :D

Rider, you still planning on doing the Hotsot and RaodCutter police skins?  :)

TheSpacebarRider  [author] Aug 2 @ 12:53pm
@Ghost_STS : Here you got 3 police liveries ! WarWagon, Rammer, and Rammer RS !
I'll make two more, one for the hotshot (old state police), and one for the RoadCutter (State trooper Tenesse like) !

Rider, you still plan on doing a police skin for the Hotshot and RoadCutter?  :)

( Don't have the Rammer to take a pic )

Nice that you can change the color to your liking.  :D

Yep, I still plan to do it.

The thing is that I'm working on the "Good Ol' skin part !" (Improving the pre v1.0 skins). And I do it car by car. So when I will start making the good Ol Skins for the Hotshot, RoadCutter and MudDigger, I'll do a custom police skin for them ! :)

Here is the ref I will use !

And here is the rammer !

Happy that you have some fun with it ! :)

(By the way, with a good skin it could be fun to have a robber car with a police design but a skin overlay that let think it's a stolen cops car !)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 01:00:48 PM by TheSpacebarRider »

MarcellusW

@TheSpacebarRider, I got it covered, just need to do a police hat and a robbers hat, the rest is ready.

Thanks for the offer.

Purple44

(By the way, with a good skin it could be fun to have a robber car with a police design but a skin overlay that let think it's a stolen cops car !)

We have that happen when someone forget to swap to a robber car and end up using a police car and is on the red team.  :o

At 15:13 you see someone stole a cop car:

Rider, if get any more cops skins done before Sat Sept 8, let me know. :)

@TheSpacebarRider, I got it covered, just need to do a police hat and a robbers hat, the rest is ready.

Thanks for the offer.

Looking forward to seeing your 3D Bugbear icons MarcellusW!  :D