Author Topic: Anybody out there want to make some 3D Bugbear icons?  (Read 759 times)

MarcellusW

Speaking of which, a couple of months ago I was fooling around with tyre stacks, see if I could make my own. ( to no avail at the time )
I wanted to make a huge tyre wall with the BB logo in it.
As soon as I have your request ready for use, I'll give it a go again.

MarcellusW

Progress so far.

A robber with full skimask, a robber with a rolled up skimask, a BB icon and a purple cop with hat.

Purple44

They look great Marcellus. A big thank you for doing this!!  :D :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

MarcellusW

My pleasure mate.

Any particular size you want them in and the bottles? ( got a nicely breaking bottle to go with aswell )

Purple44

My pleasure mate.

Any particular size you want them in and the bottles? ( got a nicely breaking bottle to go with aswell )

Be nice have a large, medium and small version of the Bugbear icons. Large about size of the one Tads did, small about the roundest of small tire.

The BugBeer bottle, I want big enough so can I setup 2 bottles like an X, so the mini robber can drive through and big cop car going break the bottles when driving through.

Small BugBeer bottle about size of a real bottle. Would you want a small bottle to break into 40 pieces? Or make more like 10 maybe?  Maybe I give some the staff a BugBeer or 2?

MarcellusW

My pleasure mate.

Be nice have a large, medium and small version of the Bugbear icons. Large about size of the one Tads did, small about the roundest of small tire.

The BugBeer bottle, I want big enough so can I setup 2 bottles like an X, so the mini robber can drive through and big cop car going break the bottles when driving through.

Small BugBeer bottle about size of a real bottle. Would you want a small bottle to break into 40 pieces? Or make more like 10 maybe?  Maybe I give some the staff a BugBeer or 2?

Well, it's kinda hard to tell how tall Tads version in the pictures, but my guess would be about 30 ft.
The ones in the picture are a little under 3 ft high, but could make them smaller if need be, the medium I'll make about 10 ft high.

Will have to do some trial and error on the large bottles to see how tall they need to be for the mini robber to pass through without damage.
As for the real size bottles to break up in the 50 pieces the green bottle is made of, with the knowledge provided by our modding guru TVE, I can make the small bottle break up in less pieces than it's large counter part, sequential hit(s) will have it break up in smaller pieces.
I still have to do the purple bottle, which will have a different breaking patern so the 2 colours wont look too uniform.
btw, current size of bottle is about 8 ft.

Purple44

3 ft sound like good height. So could you go with the 30 ft, 10 ft, 3ft and still like get small enough version that would fit on top say tire stack.

Now I'm getting greedy, maybe also set up the small Bugbear cop and robber with a dynamic version? So the small icons would roll around like the rocks that End made me.

You can find these rocks in the \objects folder of my GoKart Raceway Plus mod. I'm sure End would tell ya how turn static Bugbear icon into a dynamic one if don't know how it done MarcellusW. :)

I could have some fun with movable small Bugbear icons.  :D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:18:59 AM by Purple44 »

MarcellusW

Sure mate, no problem.

Zebulon55

So, with cop car skins being made, can someone also model beacons and lightbars as visual parts that can be added atop the cars?
That would be cool.

Wish I had those skills. I can't figure Blender out. lol
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Purple44

Zeb just sent me a suggestion, could we make the small BugBeer bottles launch like in the pic above?

If we had a dynamic version of BugBeer bottle, I could setup the files that launch the gas bottle rocket to work with the BugBeer bottle.  :D :D

If I had BugBeer bottle about the size of gas bottle rocket, could maybe replace some the gas bottle rockets I use in Cops and Robbers arena. :)

Might need to trim down the number of breakable paces in a launch-able BugBeer bottle the size of a gas bottle. If have 4 explode at same time, may cause a major lag spike for players if there was 40 pieces x 4.

MarcellusW

Does the gas bottle explode into pieces?

Purple44

Does the gas bottle explode into pieces?

It breaks into 3 pieces I think. Or the middle piece disappears.

Edit:  I just took a look and I see the top and bottom of gas bottle, but no middle:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 11:34:46 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

I now have some static and dynamic 3D Bugbear Cop and robber icons to play with thanks to MarcellusW! BIG Thanks!   :D :D

The cop hat falls off!  :o

MarcellusW

My pleasure Purple, it was fun making them, and there is still more to come.