Author Topic: The Heavy Hitter lives!  (Read 484 times)

presuming ed

I was having a mess about with the Steam API and noticed that stats on damage dealt are available for all players on a server.

For a bit of fun I wrote something that grabs and stores the data, then for a bit more fun I wrote a little website that reads the data and displays it pretty much live.

Here's a very early screenshot. It's live on our server now.

However, aim for the top of the hourly and daily 'heavy hitter' charts at your peril - there are regulars on the server who use them to choose their next target...

Purple44

This link not showing up as an image in your post Ed.

http://www.flying-bollards.com/download/file.php?id=10&sid=3dd0607e516912a002fc37eaf0fd2fd7

Get this message when I click link:  You are not authorised to download this attachment.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

presuming ed

Thanks Purple!

Is it there now?

St. Jimmy

Awesome! And yes the picture is now shown.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

presuming ed

This has been live on our server for a few days and I'm happy with how it's worked out.

It can be a tool for good as well as incitement for pure wrecking.

Regulars on the server, those who like a crash, let's say, can see who's coming on and causing lots of damage - it gives them a mission for the next race, and a target.

Would also be useful, I think, for admins of clean servers as there's a very clear set of stats - all the damage all the drivers in the last race caused - for them to base decisions on.

The website that carries the information is now live - the WreckFest server is Flying Bollards - see if you can get on the charts!

http://www.flying-bollards.com

Purple44

This has been live on our server for a few days and I'm happy with how it's worked out.

It can be a tool for good as well as incitement for pure wrecking.

Regulars on the server, those who like a crash, let's say, can see who's coming on and causing lots of damage - it gives them a mission for the next race, and a target.

Would also be useful, I think, for admins of clean servers as there's a very clear set of stats - all the damage all the drivers in the last race caused - for them to base decisions on.

The website that carries the information is now live - the WreckFest server is Flying Bollards - see if you can get on the charts!

http://www.flying-bollards.com

But what about someone like me that plays rough when doing Fig8 and suicide tracks when I hunt the leader. But race cleanish, rubbing racing, on the other tacks.

I would look like a wrecker with my stats, right?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

presuming ed

I guess, but I don't see it as being as formal as that really.

Just adds a new dimension, gives you more information about what's happening on the server where otherwise you wouldn't know.

I'm like you, hit hard some races, race others. I think most are.

But when I have a dirty race, it's nice to look at that webpage and know that nobody hit harder than me!

Stoney

Wow.. simply wow. - How does one even start with creating something like this?
getWrecked (Every Friday) @ WreckNET.co.uk