Author Topic: Possible to get "Sprint Cup" back ?  (Read 315 times)

FalconXY

A few builds ago I had managed to use the "Sprint Cup" game mode (which was hidden and not officially supported) by renaming game mode files.

Example: sprintcup.gmpl into bangerrace.gmpl and then started banger race and it was the Sprint Cup mode with 4-5 event runs to the final race.

I don't have backup files of the older versions.
Is it possible to get "Sprint Cup" back with a mod ?

Have anyone tried to mod it in again ?
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

Stoney

I tried this too a few builds back with the same results, however it doesn't seem to work now. I have limited knowledge, so if a modder did pick this up, or sees this, i'd be very interested!
getWrecked (Every Friday) @ WreckNET.co.uk

sam223

You can just delete another gamemode and rename sprintcup to replace it.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Stoney

I am afraid I tried that too with no luck. Just to confirm the location of these gamemodes incase im being thicker than usual.. "..\Wreckfest\data\property\settings\gamemode" ?

sam223

I am afraid I tried that too with no luck. Just to confirm the location of these gamemodes incase im being thicker than usual.. "..\Wreckfest\data\property\settings\gamemode" ?
Thats correct and it should work,although itll still carry the old game-mode name. Ive not tried with sprintcup specifically but i managed to replace elimination mode with folkrace mode (you get a warning for crashing) no problem.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

St. Jimmy

Thats correct and it should work,although itll still carry the old game-mode name. Ive not tried with sprintcup specifically but i managed to replace elimination mode with folkrace mode (you get a warning for crashing) no problem.
Sprint Cup doesn't work that way.
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Stoney

Ah thanks Sam, tried it with Folk-Race and can confirm that works for me. Ok Jimmy, thanks for that. Any idea how to get it to work? - It would be a nice gamemode to be able to play with online.