Author Topic: Are you level 50? did you finish career mod? then should backup your save ......  (Read 891 times)

Purple44

Are you level 50? did you finish career mode? then should backup your save files before it to late!!

Every week, since final version release week, been seeing posts of players loosing their progress in career mode when they fire up Wreckfest and find they are at level 1 again!  :o

So if you have not done it already, go make a copy of this folder where Wreckfest keeps it save files, like career.cres and cars5.ccrs:

C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\userdata\[YOUR UNIQUE USER ID]\228380\local\wreckfest

Or what ever drive you got Steam installed on. ( I use E: drive )

I got 4 copies of my \228380\local\wreckfest folder.  I not done with career mode yet and not to level 50 yet.

Too moderators, any chance of getting this thread pinned?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:03:35 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

bump

Mopower

Are you level 50? did you finish career mode? then should backup your save files before it to late!!

Every week, since final version release week, been seeing posts of players loosing their progress in career mode when they fire up Wreckfest and find they are at level 1 again!  :o

So if you have not done it already, go make a copy of this folder where Wreckfest keeps it save files, like career.cres and cars5.ccrs:

C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\userdata\[YOUR UNIQUE USER ID]\228380\local\wreckfest

Or what ever drive you got Steam installed on. ( I use E: drive )

I got 4 copies of my \228380\local\wreckfest folder.  I not done with career mode yet and not to level 50 yet.

I'm at level 47. Soon as I get TO 50 I'll try to remember this lol

Go BIG or go home!

Hi!

Is that bug or planned?
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

Purple44

Hi!

Is that bug or planned?

Hi, not understanding your question Rocket. Care to clarify a bit?

This  ???

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

Purple44

Hi!

Is that bug or planned?

This  ???

Don't think it would be planned!

I have try to found out what player was doing last before they found out they had been set back to level 1, some said they had lockup Wreckfest.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/1742216483309498993/#c1742216566127743286

Quote from: PC|Gamer
I was a level 20 just before & now it says Sunday Driver back to level 1.  I was so close to buying a new car too.  Very frustrating.  I am assuming there is no way to get my progress back even through the steam cloud?

Quote from: PC|Gamer;1742216483309658501
Quote from: luvwhisky;1742216483309590529
Did game crash then you lost everything? I assume you have been playing since official release?
Everyone's career was reset at launch. Steam cloud is not working at the moment needs a hofix, your save files can be found here - Steam/userdata/43795879/228380/local/wreckfest , best to back up this file regularly.
Yes.  I was stupid enough to hold the power button down becuz everything was frozen.  It actually is not a big deal at all.  I didn't really lose much.  That definitely was an L for me to swallow though!!

Mopower

Thanks for posting this Purple. I just hit 50 and have made a backup folder. You the man
Go BIG or go home!

dave3d

This doesnt need to be stickied, the devs need to fix the issue.
:(

Thanks for the info though.
I am wondering if people getting this are all using mods or not also?

Mopower

This doesnt need to be stickied, the devs need to fix the issue.
:(

Thanks for the info though.
I am wondering if people getting this are all using mods or not also?

I halfway agree, and half don't... I agree that the devs need to fix the issue, but I think this needs to be stickied while they work on that problem... I hate to say it, but I had this problem several times with FO2 and FOUC back when I used to play them.

No mods, no problems on Wreckfest yet!
Go BIG or go home!

dave3d

Hmm, I never have had this issue with any of their games.
But, I always played on the OS that it released on also, except I still play 2 and Ultimate on 8.1 right now to this day, and havent had any issues (not with bugbears games, but I have with the other fake FO games).
I agree sticky also, but not JUST sticky but FIX and sticky.

Purple44

But how does Bugbear fix Wreckfest crashing, locking up and save game goes bad?

A lot thinks can crash or lockup Wreckfest. I've done it plenty of times while modding the game and have not lost my career progress modding Wreckfest since 2016.

Only lost career progress after Bugbear release an update that wipe career and car files. Think this happen at least once before final release and final release.

But did have modlist file go bad.

Edit:
  Just had my modlist file go bad again. Last night was testing Sam gokart and Heddly new tweaks to it, before going to bed. Today I go to start Wreckfest and half way through game trying load, game crashes. Rebooting computer did not fix. I renamed modlist file, modlist111 and Wreckfest boots up again.

Hey, I just notice I level 50, most of done that last Saturday night online. ) Guess I better go backup my save files!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:41:12 PM by Purple44 »

Mopower

But how does Bugbear fix Wreckfest crashing, locking up and save game goes bad?

A lot thinks can crash or lockup Wreckfest. I've done it plenty of times while modding the game and have not lost my career progress modding Wreckfest since 2016.

Only lost career progress after Bugbear release an update that wipe career and car files. Think this happen at least once before final release and final release.

But did have modlist file go bad.

Edit:
  Just had my modlist file go bad again. Last night was testing Sam gokart and Heddly new tweaks to it, before going to bed. Today I go to start Wreckfest and half way through game trying load, game crashes. Rebooting computer did not fix. I renamed modlist file, modlist111 and Wreckfest boots up again.

Hey, I just notice I level 50, most of done that last Saturday night online. ) Guess I better go backup my save files!!

Lol, there were definitely more than 2 career wipes throughout Wreckfest's life (Including release and before release). We have probably bought more cars than most people do in a lifetime on Wreckfest by now with all the career resets... Then again, some of them happened very early in the game with 5 or so cars
Go BIG or go home!

Hi!

I have only 8 cars irl and wf I have 14 cars & lawnmower & harevester. 8)

Purple44

bump

Players still losing their progress in career mode.