Author Topic: Scrolling Server list crashes game  (Read 141 times)

londoner

Seems when i scroll to find the server it crashes the game constantly ... any tips, fixes or ideas ?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:58:34 AM by Janne Suur-Näkki »

Purple44

Hi, see you posted here June 25:

Afternoon FYI
1 - Game Loading and then  Verification seems to be very slow.
2 - Scrolling Online Server list fast and refreshing freezes the game causing it to crash.
3 - When hosting servers from a dedicated server it seems to take 3-10 restarts of each server before it is recognised and joinable on the server list. ( Very frustrating when hosting 3 servers)

Server option suggestions.

1 - Joinable server button/ option - list at the top joinable servers to save scrolling 140 server list
2 - Admin only chat in game

Whats Missing?

Still would like to see in game recording thousands of user hours per week are spent on Leagues / Events and this would assist to keep them fair,fun and drama free.

Thanks for listening.

Are you say scrolling server list and crashing game has gotten worse?

Are you using any filters when this happens? Or game crashing can happen when you don't use any filters?

I don't think I been seeing any other posts about server list crashing game recently, since a hotfix supposedly fix server list crashing when using a filter. Fix problem for me.

You have tried verifying Wreckfest files?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

It just been confirm there maybe an issue with the server list. Maybe a bad server causing the crash is one theory. From the Wreckfest Discord bug report channel:

TADS GamingToday at 4:43 AM
dont know if this has been said but my game will crash when scrolling though the server list, not everytime but 50/50

I just scroll the list down and then scroll it slow going back up and no crash.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

While the stability of the server list was improved in the last couple of updated this issue does still happen sporadically but we're looking into it.