Author Topic: Nascar League!  (Read 211 times)

BenDover

IMPORTANT!!!!: Today 20/08 2018 Due to the lack of sign ups for the event I will cancel it today. We have 6 confirmed drivers within almost 2 weeks and with 1 week to go I dont see we get over half the grid ready. The strawpoll seemed promising with over 30+ pressed yes but there was not even half of them that signed up to this. It can be becuse of timezones (EU/US) but if someone wanna try hosting US times feel free to do so. The ping can be a problem for some doe.

I wanna thank everyone who signed up for the event and it might be an event in the furture, I mostly did it too marketing the mod so it could get some hype but the playerbase seems to grow without it becuse I see more and more players on almost each day! It could be that the time was just wrong for the event do :)

It's time for our first Nascar League! Again we are using a mod and the only mod  you need are https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1462061824

We will have to set this event on 3 day's due to that we are gonna race multiply tracks. 24th-25th we will race on 2 tracks and 26th the final track.

A point system will be in place and the one getting fastest lap will get 2 points.
1st 20 points, 2nd 16 points, 3rd 12 points, 4th 10 points, 5th 8 points, 6th 6 points, 7th 4 points and 8th 2 points.

Penalties could be added if you breaking the rules.

The Important Details:
Date - 24st-26th of August 2018
Start Time - Practice - 6:00pm GMT/7:00pm BST
Start Time - Race - 7:00pm GMT/8:00pm BST
Track - Bristol, Hillside Raceway, Michigan Speedway, Talledega
Approximate Run Time - 90-120 Minutes
Laps - 60
Damage - Realistic

Rules & Guidelines
No Intentional Contact - this is a long race, so this is more important than ever. As I said before, no-one wants a limping car for the majority, or even half, of the race.
Lapped Cars - please hold your line. A car moving in a straight line is easier to pass than one swerving over to one side of the road. Please be aware of your surroundings at all times.
Drivers Lapping Others - if you catch a car who is to be lapped on a bend, please allow the driver to exit the turn before attempting to pass, unless there is ample room to do so. Please be aware of your surroundings at all times.
Resetting - we will be using the new settings, which we will set at 5 seconds. Drivers coming to a stuck/upside down car that is on the racetrack, please path your way around it.
Keep Calm - you have 60 laps to race through, and it will not be won on the first corner of the first lap. Please be courteous and careful when navigating the first two bends on the first lap. There is no rush.
Carry On - crashes and accidents happen, and if it does happen on lap 24, the race is still far from over. Pick yourself up, carry on and report any grievances to me at the end of the race. Don't take revenge, it's not worth it.

Discord:
Be aware that everyone who wants to join the endurance should be in Discord - you are not obligated to speak, however it'll be helpful for if we need to relay information during the race.

Confirmed Drivers:
01. BenDover
02. Arcticwolf
03. Laahhm
04. OzFarm
05. Vin Petrol
06. Wolf

Reserve/Undecided:
01. Jeffrey Lebowski - The Dude
02. Flip
03. G_Bangers&Mash
04. Aerotactics
05. KeVaN™
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 01:53:44 PM by BenDover »
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Arcticwolf

I want to take part please.

BenDover

Added. Date changed.
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Aerotactics

Put me down for undecided. I'd like to, but IDK if my schedule will allow it lol

BenDover

Added you on the undecided list :)

Hi!

Is there all races in same weekend?
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

BenDover

Hi!

Is there all races in same weekend?

Yes :) I have not time to set it up so its over more weekends and ppl seems to want some sorf of a league :)

BenDover

Event cancelled. Reason why are on top of the thread!

Purple44

IMPORTANT!!!!: Today 20/08 2018 Due to the lack of sign ups for the event I will cancel it today. We have 6 confirmed drivers within almost 2 weeks and with 1 week to go I dont see we get over half the grid ready. The strawpoll seemed promising with over 30+ pressed yes but there was not even half of them that signed up to this. It can be becuse of timezones (EU/US) but if someone wanna try hosting US times feel free to do so. The ping can be a problem for some doe.

I wanna thank everyone who signed up for the event and it might be an event in the furture, I mostly did it too marketing the mod so it could get some hype but the playerbase seems to grow without it becuse I see more and more players on almost each day! It could be that the time was just wrong for the event do :)

Maybe if can find an east coast server to host Nascar mod, maybe most players can get a good enough PING to race online? Euro and US players.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

BenDover

Maybe if can find an east coast server to host Nascar mod, maybe most players can get a good enough PING to race online? Euro and US players.

Maybe that could work :D It would be good for everyone if that was possible :)