Author Topic: Starbeast engine movement distance (Damage)  (Read 172 times)

BeamZappa

I've noticed Starbeasts engine doesn't crush back into the firewall when taking damage, or at most it moves very little, making the damage a bit cruddy having the engine sat there whilst everything around has been mashed to bits, I think I've tried all I can on my end to get it crushing back, with no luck. (a file to control this would be great as I've noticed various damage settings leave the engine sticking out drastically after heavy damage)

Now begging to the Bugbear masters to see they would please have a look at this happening  :-*

sam223

Could either be engine proxy, or position of engine+#_nodeform materials causing the problem. Try reduce distance and anchor stiffness for proxy_engine.vsbp

If you want it to deform fully remove _nodeform from the materials attached to engine model.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:53:00 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

BeamZappa

Could either be engine proxy, or position of engine+#_nodeform materials causing the problem. Try reduce distance and anchor stiffness for proxy_engine.vsbp

If you want it to deform fully remove _nodeform from the materials attached to engine model.

Thanks Sam, I'd had a mess with those setting with little luck, I'd noticed that when Distance Softness + Altitude Softness is lowered in a cars settings.vsbd it affects how much the engine gets pushed back, you knida have to raise Altitude-S if lowering Distance-S to around .45/.5.
The Rocket appeared to be the only car that really responded to having things changed in the proxy bits, I think I've exhausted that avenue though I'll have another mess about laters with some extreme numbers.

I was meaning to ask you about constraints n stuff, I'd noticed in the setting files of cars in your UK banger mod used these constraints things, is there anyway to mess with them on the stock cars? or do I need the original files? Having the engine deform would be great, but I'd like it to only deform a very minor amount just so there's not a fresh block sat amongst the twisted, stuff especially for the blocks with very flat textures, has anyone worked out a way to set stiffness for individual components so we could have mild deform on da blocks?

Thanks bud  :D

sam223

Thanks Sam, I'd had a mess with those setting with little luck, I'd noticed that when Distance Softness + Altitude Softness is lowered in a cars settings.vsbd it affects how much the engine gets pushed back, you knida have to raise Altitude-S if lowering Distance-S to around .45/.5.
The Rocket appeared to be the only car that really responded to having things changed in the proxy bits, I think I've exhausted that avenue though I'll have another mess about laters with some extreme numbers.

I was meaning to ask you about constraints n stuff, I'd noticed in the setting files of cars in your UK banger mod used these constraints things, is there anyway to mess with them on the stock cars? or do I need the original files? Having the engine deform would be great, but I'd like it to only deform a very minor amount just so there's not a fresh block sat amongst the twisted, stuff especially for the blocks with very flat textures, has anyone worked out a way to set stiffness for individual components so we could have mild deform on da blocks?

Thanks bud  :D
Settings.vsbd is basically the same settings,but the whole car rather than a set region.And the values are the opposite to proxy settings (1=soft,0=solid)

Constraints dont do anything anymore i believe.

For proxy settings;
Distance is horizontal,altitude is vertical movement multiplier i believe. Anchor stiffness is minimum impulse to move it.
if you remove _nodeform from the material itll deform identical to the car body, so youd still need to restrict deform parameters by adjusting proxy settings. Theres no ideal (1=solid 0=disabled) setting really,as it depends what global and individual car deform settings you are using.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:45:44 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2