Author Topic: Hotfix (21/08/2018)  (Read 2694 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Howdy folks,

We just pushed out a new hotfix, addressing a number of critical issues such as the game crashing in certain circuimstances when entering the Settings menu as well as the random crash related to the ragdoll system. In addition that, Realistic Damage now really works in multiplayer, and it's possible to sort the server list based on the server ping. Additionally, the hotfix contains a number of minor improvements and tweaks, with the full changelist below:
  • The game no longer crashes in specific cases when entering the Settings menu.
  • The game no longer sporadically crashes when using a vehicle with ragdoll driver.
  • The lawnmower and harvester no longer occasionally glitch when customizing paint.
  • Realistic Damage now works correctly in multiplayer.
  • Added "Server Not Empty" filter to Server Browser.
  • Added sorting as per ping to Server Browser.
  • In Lobby, it's now possible to scroll the player list with a gamepad.
  • Reverted AI aggression back to what it was before the June update so AI is again more prone to do kamikaze attacks against the player especially on Expert difficulty.
  • Increased Player Rank level cap to 100.
  • In Career, V8 Thunder series now has 6 laps instead of 3.
  • In Career, adjusted series order of National Amateurs to hopefully prevent the users from getting stuck.
  • A number of environment art improvements and fixes.
As you probably know, we're currently hard at work on the console versions of the game but we know that everyone who already has the game is looking forward to new content. And yes, we're indeed working on new cars and tracks too. It will be still some time before we're ready to show anything, but rest assured, there's a lot of exciting new stuff in the pipeline. Stay tuned for more news soon!

Thanks for all your support and happy racing, everyone!

Janne Suur-Näkki

Also, every vehicle now has default visual.vesv in part/suspension folder, containing parameters for default visual suspension setup. You can use these files to adjust the visual suspension to your liking (AI too) without triggering the anti-tamper measures.

BenDover

Thanks for the update Janne, I have some things I wanna adress.

- Be able to make servers favorites to easier find them in the list by putting them on top or making a new tab for them.

- It would also be good to have a Global leaderboard (like we have now) but also a server leader board. I am tired of the cheaters on there. I suggest to make the checkpoint stricter or even make some tracks even more restrict of where you need to put up some kind of cement blocks like you did on tarmac 2 for example even if that track also beeing exploted still. (Yes I know this is annoying BUT if there wasent anyone cutting to get to the 1st play we would not need to adress the issue right?) I just feel its really boring to play right now, I wanna see how fast I am to other players but knowing some abusing some checkpoints/corner its not fun anymore and driven me and others from the game for the moment.

- Making it possible to have more then 60 laps. Set the cap to atleast 200 (ovals are fine with that number but just so we are able to make longer endurances)

- I feel like the name smelt in too much with the white clouds often so I dont see their name, I still want some kind of "shadow" behind it but not like it have been befor, something like this that you where announcing way back would be good, also POS numbers as an option please! https://gyazo.com/f52d023fdf2972463e2c675e27385690

- Some permanent bans I do wont be there after I restart the servers. I ban them on all 3 servers but sometimes when I restart them the ban are gone and I need to ban them again.

- "STEAMPS3 - AsyncTCPSocket created/STEAMPS3 - AsyncTCPSocket destryed" still happening and causes lag.

- Did you work on a track called ahvenisto in B6? Is it possible to still do something with it? Also is it possible in some way (if the creators agrees with it) to make a free DLC that could be called "Community track DLC" where you could add tracks that are 100% complete from creators so we dont need to use mods for every track outside of the original game? If you are able to do so, tell the community that they can get their tracks in the game and we might even see more creators making more new tracks that could be added to this DLC and let it take 1-2 months befor adding it to let them make some tracks etc. (Just an idea ofc)

- EDIT: I know you have been talking about this befor but netcoding need to get improved, too many have problems online and also driven alot of the playerbase away from the MP scene.

Nice to see you back from vactation even if I have known you have been back for a while :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:16:42 PM by BenDover »
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

That's really cool that you keep your game updated, but why revert the kamikaze attack from ai ? Because you feel that you are the number one target when they concentrate only against you And I think it's breaking the racing experience ! Can't you add a new difficulty mode and keep the expert in kind of "expert on driving", and a hardocre mode where AI really hate you and ?!

That would be really nice.

And I agree with Ben Dover, a Community DLC, could be really fun (with, tracks, skin and cars), and include in it the mods you find good and that is working without a bug. (with the acceptance of the author for sure). But maybe we can make it by our own ! Like a big Steam Mod Collection managed by bugbear ! ^^

presuming ed

Thanks for the update. Some useful stuff in there.

But what were you thinking with the AI? I used to use them as a filler on my server to keep people amused until it filled up. But they're all immediately dropping a lap down then just taking people out when they get lapped. I have to remove them.

Merhunes Dagon

Nice ! Hype to see what this new content will be !
Kamikaze AI back? Lol even in career mod in expert they are still doing kamikaze attacks on me, I supposed they have bombs now hahaha

There is a little problem with muddigger, as you see, in derby, everyone one is using it because it is the strongest car, so if it is possible to have maybe 2 or 3 different cars which have the same strength (fully tuned), because when you see only muddigger it is annoying. Indeed having different cars which have the same strength is better ! So you don't see anymore a muddigger's meeting :P I know this mean more works too but it is just an idea.

TheEngiGuy

Welcome back and thanks for the hotfix!

I guess it's difficult to please everyone with AI changes, maybe lower the frequency at which kamikaze AI triggers for those "NANI?!" moments that don't get old too quickly.

Thanks for the update. Some useful stuff in there.

But what were you thinking with the AI? I used to use them as a filler on my server to keep people amused until it filled up. But they're all immediately dropping a lap down then just taking people out when they get lapped. I have to remove them.

Unless your server is for clean racing, online players are undoubtedly much more aggressive than the AI. I tend to avoid AI the same way as online players, that is by tricking them right before turns.

sam223

Top job on another hotfix. Glad that damaged is fixed. Im yet to test, but will report any issues.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks, looking forward to feedback.

It's indeed impossible to please everyone. At the moment even the Expert AI is definitely less aggressive than your garden variety multiplayer player, the main problem being that it's not very clever. Currently it simply picks a player as a target and tries to ram, not caring about the driving line at all - hence the suicide attacks in corners that make no sense. That's what we were trying to alleviate in the previous update.

Purple44

- It would also be good to have a Global leaderboard (like we have now) but also a server leader board. I am tired of the cheaters on there. I suggest to make the checkpoint stricter or even make some tracks even more restrict of where you need to put up some kind of cement blocks like you did on tarmac 2 for example even if that track also beeing exploted still. (Yes I know this is annoying BUT if there wasent anyone cutting to get to the 1st play we would not need to adress the issue right?) I just feel its really boring to play right now, I wanna see how fast I am to other players but knowing some abusing some checkpoints/corner its not fun anymore and driven me and others from the game for the moment.

Racing in Wreckfest is usually rough and tumble racing, especially with 24 cars on the track, be it offline or online.  I would not be in favor of tightening up checkpoints if it mean odds go up of players missing a checkpoint.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Phen248

New content is always great to hear. And though I can't say whether it'll work or not, its interesting to see you reverting certain updates to see what works.

That being said, it'd be nice to see you guys revert the update that made the ai no longer go backwards on crash canyon and other suicide hairpins. The entertainment value of that feature more than made up for the occasional bit of congestion it caused.
Fan of: MotorStorm, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, Baja Edge of Control, Dirt 2, Dirt Showdown, The Crew, and of course, Wreckfest.
PC Specs: Potato - Console of Choice: PS4

BenDover

Racing in Wreckfest is usually rough and tumble racing, especially with 24 cars on the track, be it offline or online.  I would not be in favor of tightening up checkpoints if it mean odds go up of players missing a checkpoint.

Then make a system to ban the ones who exploit it. Or fix a server side leaderboard there we can have some control over cheated times. It should not need to be stricter if it wasent for some players exploiting it. Speciall on tracks with chicanes.
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Caley19

Amazing work as always! I'm amazed how fast you pushed out another hotfix since it was not long time ago since you're back in the studio.
Didn't test new hotfix just yet but a lot of good things. The only thing I'm not sure about is the "new" AI behaviour, I completely understand your point there, but if that change makes AI do less crashes and random crazines then it might be a little problem especialy for fun quick offline races - will need to play with it first to see the difference.

That being said, it'd be nice to see you guys revert the update that made the ai no longer go backwards on crash canyon and other suicide hairpins. The entertainment value of that feature more than made up for the occasional bit of congestion it caused.

Thanks for bringing it up again Phen.
Majority of players wants this feature back in the game, I know there were problems with it, but can't you give it a second chance? For example - tweaking it so there's fewer drivers going backwards to prevent big crashes. Maybe that way it should work.
Also known as John Blackhills.

Purple44

Amazing work as always! I'm amazed how fast you pushed out another hotfix since it was not long time ago since you're back in the studio.
Didn't test new hotfix just yet but a lot of good things. The only thing I'm not sure about is the "new" AI behaviour, I completely understand your point there, but if that change makes AI do less crashes and random crazines then it might be a little problem especialy for fun quick offline races - will need to play with it first to see the difference.

Thanks for bringing it up again Phen.
Majority of players wants this feature back in the game, I know there were problems with it, but can't you give it a second chance? For example - tweaking it so there's fewer drivers going backwards to prevent big crashes. Maybe that way it should work.

I saw in Sandpit 1 Hairpin track, the AI are set to 50% chance take main route and 50% take alt Route. I switch it to 80% and 20% for my version of old Sandpit 1 hairpin track. Get less of a log jam at hairpin turn.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mopower

Nice ! Hype to see what this new content will be !
Kamikaze AI back? Lol even in career mod in expert they are still doing kamikaze attacks on me, I supposed they have bombs now hahaha

There is a little problem with muddigger, as you see, in derby, everyone one is using it because it is the strongest car, so if it is possible to have maybe 2 or 3 different cars which have the same strength (fully tuned), because when you see only muddigger it is annoying. Indeed having different cars which have the same strength is better ! So you don't see anymore a muddigger's meeting :P I know this mean more works too but it is just an idea.

About the muddigger, it needs it's own clas. Doesn't belong with the cars...

Edit: A pickup/suv/van class with other vehicles added is what I mean to say... WOuld be dumb to have just one vehicle in a class, but if we add others to it, it'd  be a good standalone class. Otherwise, if we add a bunch of trucks, we'll never see cars racing in any dirty servers or derby servers. Everyone will just run a different pickup.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 08:55:23 PM by Mopower »
Go BIG or go home!