Author Topic: Hotfix (21/08/2018)  (Read 2652 times)

Bwoahh

Thanks, looking forward to feedback.

It's indeed impossible to please everyone. At the moment even the Expert AI is definitely less aggressive than your garden variety multiplayer player, the main problem being that it's not very clever. Currently it simply picks a player as a target and tries to ram, not caring about the driving line at all - hence the suicide attacks in corners that make no sense. That's what we were trying to alleviate in the previous update.

is there not a way to make it so that they attack more on straights/braking zones from behind players instead, like what real players usually do? if it's ever possible that is. I like the aggressive ai, it's just their angle of attack aren't well thought out.

ps. thank you for the update!! :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 02:58:58 AM by Bwoahh »

NicoP

is the bonebreaker valley in the carrer somewhere ?

I agree with Bwoahh on the fact, that they should be more rear ender than trying to ram you in a middle of a curve, and put themselves in danger. (And somtimes they miss you so far that it become burlesque !)
But maybe create a "Kamikaze" ai profile, that get few chance of being pick by the AI at the start of the race, so their is like 2 or 3 kamikaze pilots during the race, and only them got kind of crazy behavior (like trying to pass the curves at maximum sustainable speed, don't care at all about other cars getting in their ways, and do kamikaze attacks)

But what can be interesting is what Pro Wreckers mod is trying to do, AI that lean onto your car into the curve and maybe push a bit harder and put you out of the track. (But I know making AI is really hard, but I'm sure you can do it, after all, you're Bugbear !)

Because for now it's more frustrating, there is less side by side fights !

Andy Rotten

Neverending story
i7 7700
16gb ram
GTX 1060 6gb
SDD 256gb
Graphics ultra quality

CFodder

- It would also be good to have a Global leaderboard (like we have now) but also a server leader board. I am tired of the cheaters on there. I suggest to make the checkpoint stricter or even make some tracks even more restrict of where you need to put up some kind of cement blocks like you did on tarmac 2 for example even if that track also beeing exploted still. (Yes I know this is annoying BUT if there wasent anyone cutting to get to the 1st play we would not need to adress the issue right?) I just feel its really boring to play right now, I wanna see how fast I am to other players but knowing some abusing some checkpoints/corner its not fun anymore and driven me and others from the game for the moment.

Racing in Wreckfest is usually rough and tumble racing, especially with 24 cars on the track, be it offline or online.  I would not be in favor of tightening up checkpoints if it mean odds go up of players missing a checkpoint.

Then make a system to ban the ones who exploit it. Or fix a server side leaderboard there we can have some control over cheated times. It should not need to be stricter if it wasent for some players exploiting it. Speciall on tracks with chicanes.
If it's within the set server rules then it's not cheating then is it, it only comes under your definition of cheating due to the way you want to race - which is fair enough. I know for our server's if the checkpoints were tightened up then people just wouldn't play and I would recommend loosening or perhaps being a bit more strategic with the checkpoints on some of the tracks.

Now this may sound like I'm having a go at BD, which I'm not, but a suggestion that may help both sides of the racing coin would be to have more of a penalty when going off the track, say slowing down cars more and a lot less traction on the surface to discourage and penalise people more for going off track without being too harsh on them. It should have a balance to make enough difference to prevent people cutting for hot laps and wins but still make it playable for the rougher type races.

Agree with Ben and the netcode but I'm pretty sure BB have said they can't fix it at this stage, two of the main things I'd like to see are:
  • Better implementation of workshop for mods, other games can just download mods/skins etc if needed with no need to restart the game, select a particular order of mods and not prevent people playing on the server. There surely has to be a better way of implementing it.
  • Fix the voting system, make it more granular for settings - I've stated this before but give us the option of having voting on/off and if on whether it's used for kicks and/or tracks, exempt admins from any kick vote.

PsychOXRat

there used to be a slowdown for going off the track in old builds, but, as per usual, it got removed with no real explanation so there's way less, if any, penalty for not staying on track besides missing a checkpoint if you're that far off
System Specs: Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

BenDover

If it's within the set server rules then it's not cheating then is it, it only comes under your definition of cheating due to the way you want to race - which is fair enough. I know for our server's if the checkpoints were tightened up then people just wouldn't play and I would recommend loosening or perhaps being a bit more strategic with the checkpoints on some of the tracks.

Now this may sound like I'm having a go at BD, which I'm not, but a suggestion that may help both sides of the racing coin would be to have more of a penalty when going off the track, say slowing down cars more and a lot less traction on the surface to discourage and penalise people more for going off track without being too harsh on them. It should have a balance to make enough difference to prevent people cutting for hot laps and wins but still make it playable for the rougher type races.

Agree with Ben and the netcode but I'm pretty sure BB have said they can't fix it at this stage, two of the main things I'd like to see are:
  • Better implementation of workshop for mods, other games can just download mods/skins etc if needed with no need to restart the game, select a particular order of mods and not prevent people playing on the server. There surely has to be a better way of implementing it.
  • Fix the voting system, make it more granular for settings - I've stated this before but give us the option of having voting on/off and if on whether it's used for kicks and/or tracks, exempt admins from any kick vote.

Yes! I can agree with you here that some type of penalty would be good to have if you do that, the most track where I see this beeing a problem are the chicane tracks mostly. Otherwise I think its preatty fair, yes some checkpoint can be abused on other tracks aswell but the real problem right now (in my opinion) are chicane tracks there you can get 2-3 seconds advantage by driving more in a straight line over it. Tarmac 2 was fixed for major cutting but you can still earn some on cutting but not as much as it was thankfully! But some kind of penalty would be great due to I dont want ppl to not play the game and I know it dosent work for everyone but this is why we cant have nice things, becuse we will always have ppl exploiting and something needs to be done about it :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Merhunes Dagon

About people cutting corner or for exemple on tarmac 3 people go far left at the last corner, Bugbear can do some realistic improvement on different surface. They just need to make grass more slipy and the sand slow cars and if you "drift" on the sand, you just do barrel roll. There were a mod in workshop like this before but I can't find it anymore... But this mean that players will push everyone off the tracks. So there are no penalty which is better for Wreckfest.
But in clean server it can be really cool where pushing is allowed, indeed not something like going straight line in a corner to crash at 150km/h in cars turning, that is shit.

BenDover

About people cutting corner or for exemple on tarmac 3 people go far left at the last corner, Bugbear can do some realistic improvement on different surface. They just need to make grass more slipy and the sand slow cars and if you "drift" on the sand, you just do barrel roll. There were a mod in workshop like this before but I can't find it anymore... But this mean that players will push everyone off the tracks. So there are no penalty which is better for Wreckfest.
But in clean server it can be really cool where pushing is allowed, indeed not something like going straight line in a corner to crash at 150km/h in cars turning, that is shit.

We had the thing that grass/sand slowed ppl down but they took it away sadly.
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Merhunes Dagon

Really when it happend? I didn't remember we had this thing officialy in the game during 4 years playing Wreckfest, I only remember about 1 mod doing this...

Purple44

Really when it happend? I didn't remember we had this thing officialy in the game during 4 years playing Wreckfest, I only remember about 1 mod doing this...

We discuss the slow down grass and sand here:

Update 2016-02-26

* Improved off-road surfaces, now they are either more slippery or slow down.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

CFodder

Perhaps it may pay for them to take another look at it and perhaps tweak it a tad??

simosimo

Good to see updates - can we get the Multiplayer 'stats' for Best wrecker, most takedowns etc :)

Frisker

Server stats would be awesome as Ben said, and I'd like to see some sort of penalty for driving off track, like slowing you down or making it really unstable to drive on it. Like you spin out or flip really easy if you decide to cut chicane for example.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Bwoahh

anything's a better alternative than the currently unfair penalty system imo. i hate getting an offtrack when i'm the one who gets punted off. You've lost time already but the penalty adds salt to the wound as you have to backtrack usually =|
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 05:20:58 PM by Bwoahh »