Author Topic: Hotfix (21/08/2018)  (Read 4028 times)

BenDover

anything's a better alternative than the currently unfair penalty system imo. i hate getting an offtrack when i'm the one who gets punted off. You've lost time already but the penalty adds salt to the wound as you have to backtrack usually =|

If you mean "Wrong way" system it wont go away, thats meant to be there to show you missed an checkpoint.
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Caley19

Slipery grass/sand wouldn't make much of a diference in the current penalty system - you get pushed of the track, you end up in a slipery grass and your opponent continues without any problem. For me the best way is to add more rocks and other stuff to prevent people from cutting corners and if you have problems with people who tries to push you out in corners - there are some tactics that you can try if you are skilled enough. For example.breaking sooner so your opponent instead of hitting your side he misses you and end up out of track(its also very fun and rewarding to see them failing that way)
Also known as John Blackhills.

Purple44

....   and if you have problems with people who tries to push you out in corners - there are some tactics that you can try if you are skilled enough. For example.breaking sooner so your opponent instead of hitting your side he misses you and end up out of track(its also very fun and rewarding to see them failing that way)

Yup, done that many time online if I know I got a wrecker on my tail. :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

BenDover

Or make it easy and blacklist cutters. They doing it on purpose to get the 1st place with not much work. Chicane tracks are the worse. Ofc not all time are cut times on the leaderboard but some are and something needs to happen about it.

I know some of you get annoyed when I take up stuff like this, but if the drivers dident do it in the 1st place we would not need to do something about it.
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Phen248

Slipery grass/sand wouldn't make much of a diference in the current penalty system - you get pushed of the track, you end up in a slipery grass and your opponent continues without any problem. For me the best way is to add more rocks and other stuff to prevent people from cutting corners and if you have problems with people who tries to push you out in corners - there are some tactics that you can try if you are skilled enough. For example.breaking sooner so your opponent instead of hitting your side he misses you and end up out of track(its also very fun and rewarding to see them failing that way)

I agree. Instead of slippery grass and penalties and whatnot, a better solution would to just place assets in the corners where people are known to cut (barriers, trees, rocks, railing, poles, etc).

All this other stuff just seems like something that'd hinder the experience for everyone and turn the game into another GT Sport with its BS penalty system. For Example: One player knocks you too far into a corner and suddenly you either have a time penalty or have to reset because you missed the checkpoint. That's just as bad if not worse than being overtaken by an opponent who cut the track.

Placing obstacles and barriers is a less complicated solution for bugbear over the implementation of a completely reworked penalty/checkpoint system, and it penalises nobody but the corner cutters.
Fan of: MotorStorm, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, Baja Edge of Control, Dirt 2, Dirt Showdown, The Crew, and of course, Wreckfest.
PC Specs: Potato - Console of Choice: PS4

BenDover

I agree. Instead of slippery grass and penalties and whatnot, a better solution would to just place assets in the corners where people are known to cut (barriers, trees, rocks, railing, poles, etc).

All this other stuff just seems like something that'd hinder the experience for everyone and turn the game into another GT Sport with its BS penalty system. For Example: One player knocks you too far into a corner and suddenly you either have a time penalty or have to reset because you missed the checkpoint. That's just as bad if not worse than being overtaken by an opponent who cut the track.

Placing obstacles and barriers is a less complicated solution for bugbear over the implementation of a completely reworked penalty/checkpoint system, and it penalises nobody but the corner cutters.

The problem are still there, then we need to cut off the entire corner becuse if you wanna remove the current system you can just cut the anti-cut.

Merhunes Dagon

I think there is no way to fix this because the problem are players, they will find a way to cut it anyway and no one here want a penalty system or wall everywhere. So the only way is to kick/ban players doing this on purpose or to have a server with a lot of admin everytime (atleast 1).
Or Bugbear make new tracks like Boulder Banks (mixed 3) which is a very good track and you can't cut any corner. You still have this impression of being free without being surrounded by wall everywhere. Same for all the sandpit. But if it happend, it is sad because that mean we wont see anymore tracks like tarmac 3 which are good tracks.
So kicking players doing this is the only way or the game will turn into a gran turismo with advanced destruction engine, or as I said change the way tracks are made but it add a lot of restriction...

Purple44

BOULDER BANK CIRCUIT - Sandpit 3
PINEHILLS RACEWAY      - Mixed 3

;)

Merhunes Dagon

Oups my bad, thanks Purple  :P

Purple44

The THQ weekend sale giving Wreckfest some new players.  :D

https://steamdb.info/app/228380/graphs/

Frisker

A "Racing" gamemode, where harsher penalties from cutting apply.

In normal mode, the way Wreckfest is "supposed" to be played, the game would work as it does now. But in "Racing" mode, there would be harsh penalties from driving on grass, sand outside track etc, such as making it extremely unstable to drive there. So if you drive off track, you are going to lose speed, no matter what, thus eliminating people who like to cut corners. Literally.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Purple44

A "Racing" gamemode, where harsher penalties from cutting apply.

In normal mode, the way Wreckfest is "supposed" to be played, the game would work as it does now. But in "Racing" mode, there would be harsh penalties from driving on grass, sand outside track etc, such as making it extremely unstable to drive there. So if you drive off track, you are going to lose speed, no matter what, thus eliminating people who like to cut corners. Literally.

For "racing" mode, would think Bugbear would have to use a new set of checkpoints. Put a checkpoint on every turn and put inside gate of checkpoint tight, so if large car get 4 wheels of the track, checkpoint is miss. But outside gate would still be wide, so if someone pushes you wide, you do not miss the checkpoint. You been penalize already.

But then how to handle the leaderbroad if have "Racing mode"? Normal Banger racing mode, players will be able to put down faster lap times. So would have be 2 leaderbroads? One for "Racing mode" and one for normal Banger racing mode?

Crash77

But really, since this is a more redneck and crazy racing game (as of late), why should there be any penalties for cutting corners?

sam223

But really, since this is a more redneck and crazy racing game (as of late), why should there be any penalties for cutting corners?
Because of global lap time leader-board and track layouts.
Either everyone cuts or no one cuts for a fair/competitive racing environment, and if you allow it you run the risk of changing circuit dynamics.

i.e everyone cuts a chicane where a braking zone would be = less chance of action in that section
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2