Author Topic: Hotfix (21/08/2018)  (Read 2757 times)

Merhunes Dagon

Personally, what i'd like to see is replays attached to the top 100 times on the leaderboard, that way you can see exactly how the time was achieved.

This!

Good idea but imagine how many servers Bugbear must have to do this, because saving the 1st 100 replays for each tracks/road and reverses during +3min at least take a lot of place. Or maybe only the replay of the fastest lap.

BenDover

Personally, what i'd like to see is replays attached to the top 100 times on the leaderboard, that way you can see exactly how the time was achieved.

This!

Good idea but imagine how many servers Bugbear must have to do this, because saving the 1st 100 replays for each tracks/road and reverses during +3min at least take a lot of place. Or maybe only the replay of the fastest lap.

Should only be the fastest lap you put in, and saving 100 on each track, Forward/Reverse etc I think they wont need that much for an company, ofc it gonna take some place ofc but the big problem are to acually make it work :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

CFodder

Or just get rid of the leaderboards, problem solved!

sam223

Local or individual server based ones would be better imo. Then admins can remove cheated laps themselves or if local youd only see laps of people you'd raced against.

And it'd work for mod tracks.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 03:40:49 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

BenDover

Local or individual server based ones would be better imo. Then admins can remove cheated laps themselves or if local youd only see laps of people you'd raced against.

^
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Finsku

Global on BB's servers and server based ones hosted on the same server machines where the Wreckfest server is running.
Would be loaded when server changes event, and will be updated when event ends. Any time when player looks server leaderboard it will be already loaded from the server machine so it will not "load down" server.

And like sam said, it would work with mod tracks. To store a new time data it would use track id (for example mixed3_rev (can't remember these names anymore)).
With this it could save any tracks' times. And ofc global, official leaderboard, would not save anything because a mod.

CFodder

It's not cheating though is it, there are no cheated lap times if they have driven as they have been allowed to by the game and the server rules they were on at the time.

Zebulon55

This is true. If the server that these times were set on had no rules against cutting and they were in bounds as far as the game is concerned, no rules were broken, no cheating occurred.

It's not cheating though is it, there are no cheated lap times if they have driven as they have been allowed to by the game and the server rules they were on at the time.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

sam223

This whole discussion is around global leader boards,where as you said there are no rules. You just set the fastest time you can,even if that means driving straight over a chicane,saving yourself 5 seconds over people who stay on the actual track.

That's what individual server based leader boards would help with. Admins could just delete times that were set by people who cuts parts of the track out,other servers would leave the leader board alone. Best of both worlds really.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Purple44

This whole discussion is around global leader boards,where as you said there are no rules. You just set the fastest time you can,even if that means driving straight over a chicane,saving yourself 5 seconds over people who stay on the actual track.

That's what individual server based leader boards would help with. Admins could just delete times that were set by people who cuts parts of the track out,other servers would leave the leader board alone. Best of both worlds really.

But who going to watch all players race online in a race?

You see a fast time, was it done by cutting the track or was done by player who know track by heart, uses manual gears and has a fast A class car tune best for that track?

I've seen players get 2-3 sec faster lap time than rest of us online, did they cheat? Or that the rest of us, like me, are just slow!
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

sam223

But who going to watch all players race online in a race?

You see a fast time, was it done by cutting the track or was done by player who know track by heart, uses manual gears and has a fast A class car tune best for that track?

I've seen players get 2-3 sec faster lap time than rest of us online, did they cheat? Or that the rest of us, like me, are just slow!
It'd be upto individual server admins to moderate it,or not. After a bit of time you'd soon build up a reasonable average time,then just bin anything that was 2-3 seconds faster. As said earlier in the thread,if people are cutting but aren't any faster,who cares?

Heddly

Hind sight is 20/20, the game has been released and I doubt BB will do anything about the tracks. They are busy working on the console versions.

Leader boards don't matter to me, I'm sure it is a matter of prestige to others to see their names on them but in my opinion we will have to accept them the way they are.

I don't read the Steam forum, are there more than this complaining?

Flying-Spirit

Yeah, and get rid off the clean servers and all the players that go with it, they don't belong here !  :o
Windows seven
i 7  4770k  3.50 ghz
16 gb ram
Nvidia  GTX 780

CFodder

Yeah, and get rid off the clean servers and all the players that go with it, they don't belong here !  :o
Now you're getting the idea  ;D