Author Topic: Automatically ending races when all opponents are wrecked  (Read 224 times)

JohnBart

Hey folks,

Going through the campaign and reaching the World Masters championship, I ran into several races with huge lap counts (8-10 laps per race). Predictably, these resulted in a pretty high mortality rate for the AI, especially when driving with Realistic Damage. Many times, it occurred that mid-way through the race, I remained the sole survivor of the event, yet I still had to complete all remaining laps.

Any chance of implementing a check for the Banger Racing and Team Race modes that would automatically finish the race, once only one player remains?

The issue doesn't seem to affect Elimination Race, obviously.

sam223

Interesting idea, but currently you dont win unless you are on the lead lap and finish. Race results are finishing position>DNF>distance traveled. So its possible to still lose,even after everyone is DNF, if you DNF yourself and aren't leading the race.

Maybe a compromise solution would be to only make you complete 1 more lap as leader, after all cars are DNF'd?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 09:01:10 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

JohnBart

That would work for me as well. The point is that I don't want being forced to finish all the remaining laps - it just doesn't make sense to continue the event all by myself if the rest of the pack is a smoldering wreck on the side of the road. :)