Author Topic: The autorun of datacleaner breaks my modding  (Read 206 times)

The Very End

So! The datacleaner - it's great, unless if you modding, then it is a problem. Now it launches automatically when starting the game, while before you had to run it manually.
It removes some files from the main BB folder I need when creating tracks, and it causes a bit of errors when it removes some of those files at launchtime.
Are there some way to disable this?

Purple44

I got this from Janne back in 2016:

Originally posted by Janne Suur-Näkki :

Purple44
The data cleaner is a small tool that can be used to purge the game's sensitive folders from extra files that would otherwise trigger the error. The tool be can run manually without any command line parameters and it will generate a log file with a list files that the tool will keep or delete. To actually clean the folders with the tool use '-delete' command line parameter. The tool is also run automatically when verifying game cache via Steam, or when uninstalling the game. In other words, please make sure to backup your modded stuff beforehand, otherwise they will be lost perpetually.

If Janne don't post way to disable datacleaner, maybe edit the dataCleanerKeep.txt file and add the files you don't want datacleaner to delete?

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

Yeah, the tool is great, it just is a bit iritating now when it screws up my surface editing ;)
And cannot find any parameter settings at launch, you know where that is?

Purple44

Yeah, the tool is great, it just is a bit iritating now when it screws up my surface editing ;)
And cannot find any parameter settings at launch, you know where that is?

Sorry End, have no idea.

But if -delete works, would -disable work?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

We're looking into this, the cleaner should be run only once after the game is updated.

As a workaround you can prevent it from running by deleting the related .txt files located in the game's root folder.

The Very End

Great, thanks :)
As of now it runs every time I export a track and then run a game, which then causes issues when working with surfaces.

BTW: Could you change the exported to look in mod folder's surface folder, instead of having to copy it over to main BB folder all the time? ;)

Janne Suur-Näkki

The datacleaner is now fixed, will be ran only once after the next update.

Why do you keep on changing the surfaces all the time? :)

The Very End

Had to make the slippery sand for the desert environment, and since the game deletes it from the main BB surface folder I must add it back ;) :p
Also, clutters / foliage! Different combinations of clutter, amount and so on, meaning I must create new from time to time. Admittedly, not really needed, I just like to have that last touch on a map with a bit of personal clutter / foliage :)

PS: New surfaces - cannot get the particles to work, any ideas?
Update the surfacelist, the surfaces, the dntp files, tire contact effect, tire physic list(s) and so on - no sigar. Even whent ahead and copied the files into the main BB folders but no luck. The physics are right and the particles work when the car body hits the ground, but not the tire contact particles.