Author Topic: What up with Photo mode these days??  (Read 127 times)

Purple44

I'm running into issues when I go use Photo mode offline.

1. Now there a limit on how high I can raise the camera. Can only go up 10-20 points. It seem act like the cam for the cars where I could only raise a custom cam 10 points.

2. There seem be a restriction on how far I can go north, south, east or west. With my custom maps the restriction real bad!!

Here I can not get up to my King of the Roof map:

Here on stock Tarmac 2 this is as far I can go if I have my Cops and Robbers mod enabled. If I run just stock Wreckfest, I can only get free cam to just outside the corner of track.

This is as close  as I can get to the cars in my Valley of the Damned ( from End Very TrackPack ) Cops and Robbers map using Photo mode:

If I use the in-game free cam mode ( F11 ) then I can free roam where ever I want too. But then the cars are free to move, too. I used to be able to use Photo mode and freeze the cars so I could check the car startpoints for my Cops and Robbers maps.

This pic was taken Jan 2018:

Would the resultcamera in the Models section have something to do with this now?  Got be something setting the boundaries to where free cam can go in Photo mode?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

That would be these options in the tcat files:

Increase to whatever number needed.
Not fixed it myself on my tracks yet due to... well not prioritized it :p

Purple44

Thanks End for showing me where to look. :)

I got my King of the Roof to save out a tcat file, but could not get Valley of the Damned to save out a tcat file. So I made a copy of King of the Roof and rename it Valley of the Damned. Since there no race line in derby mode, it did not cause any problems using another track's tcat file.

I max out the settings for Distance and Elevation, but in my testing, Elevation 250 came up short for my King of the Roof map, where middle platform has y - 297. And with Valley of the Damned, if I wanted a pic of whole map, I need be able to take free cam higher. So I'm thinking, it be nice if the Bugbear Devs raise Free Cam Max Elevation to at least 500.

End did you put the aisectors off to the side for Valley of the Damned for a reason?

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

Hehe wat :P The AI sectors should be in middle of the track, but as with anything - might be a bug.