Author Topic: Any suggestions? Let's hear them!  (Read 2319 times)

Bwoahh

i don't mind the rolling, but yes, the way the car springs itself over when it goes in it's side needs to be fixed. i would like some self righting mechanic, but not like this one lol

M!NT

Let's group mods. To switch faster between different ModServer. It is very inconvenient to always disable 8 mods, 11 others to activate, 4 active to let etc ...

Janne Suur-Näkki

I'm using the same setup as I've been using since before NCG even existed. Something changed with how online works from a player -> server perspective. Not sure if it was to do with the heavy objects not syncing between players or what, but it seems that everything has moved serverside, so my inputs have to travel through my internet connection to the server to the car, rather than me moving my car on the clientside and those actions then being sent to the server for others to see. If it used to be like this before, then it was done really well, but it's really fallen off a cliff over the past year and makes MP, for me, nigh impossible to play in the way I enjoy it.

From what I can think of nothing has changed in the multiplayer architecture for quite some time now, so it must be something else.

Have you tested on servers running both low and high frequency? That's how often the server sends packets to clients.

Also, make sure your client prediction time in the Settings menu is set as lowest as possible, i.e. 800ms.

We're currently in the process of optimizing multiplayer, so expect improvements.

BrianUK

I'm using the same setup as I've been using since before NCG even existed. Something changed with how online works from a player -> server perspective. Not sure if it was to do with the heavy objects not syncing between players or what, but it seems that everything has moved serverside, so my inputs have to travel through my internet connection to the server to the car, rather than me moving my car on the clientside and those actions then being sent to the server for others to see. If it used to be like this before, then it was done really well, but it's really fallen off a cliff over the past year and makes MP, for me, nigh impossible to play in the way I enjoy it.

From what I can think of nothing has changed in the multiplayer architecture for quite some time now, so it must be something else.

Have you tested on servers running both low and high frequency? That's how often the server sends packets to clients.

Also, make sure your client prediction time in the Settings menu is set as lowest as possible, i.e. 800ms.

We're currently in the process of optimizing multiplayer, so expect improvements.

I've only ever played on Ben's server, and he runs high. I had the default prediction time which I believe is the lowest setting?

Caley19

I've only ever played on Ben's server, and he runs high. I had the default prediction time which I believe is the lowest setting?

(just to add)
I also had some input problems on Ben's server don't know where's his server located just know it's European server and if I can compare it to other servers like some of those C-Class only French servers or some German servers or Finsku's they run fine for me even with 100+ ping
Also known as John Blackhills.

PsychOXRat

(just to add)
I also had some input problems on Ben's server don't know where's his server located just know it's European server and if I can compare it to other servers like some of those C-Class only French servers or some German servers or Finsku's they run fine for me even with 100+ ping

To add my view on this, I've always had input lag and such regardless of what server I go on, a problem inherently due to sending your inputs to the server for it to calculate then relay the results back to you, resulting in car behaviours impossible to do in singleplayer, such as the car straightening out on upshifts, rev bouncing being non-existent, and revs being completely smooth with little or no variation like it would in SP.

Because of this, if the conditions are right, I can set faster times in MP than I can in SP because the car loses some of its volatility from the "simpler" physics it has, which shouldn't be the case as the cars should feel and drive identically online and offline
System Specs: Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

Bwoahh

Howdy everyone,

You know the game is already considered released and we're currently concentrating most of our resources on getting the console versions in a nice shape.

That said, we're love to hear from you what you think the game is still missing and what could be improved on. It can be something major but at the same time we're also interested in small things that you think could improve the game. Now we're not saying any of this could make it into the game as it depends on the variety of factors but let's say we're keeping your suggestions in mind for future purposes :)

And yes, there are already some threads like this but for the most part they're outdated or spread out too thin.

Please, fire at will!

going back to more things that could be improved on after playing it some more;

- It's a minor one, but concrete wall physics don't really make much sense to me. Most of the time they don't slow the car down but in fact can sometimes do the opposite. I notice that if you ping off it sometimes you actually can gain speed from it. - The metal armco in this game does it's job a lot better
- Another is Muddigger is a bit too OP in derbies. Online is being dominated with it because other cars cannot stand a chance, at least with normal damage mode
- School Bus is very weak in the rear on Normal damage mode during smaller collisions. Compared to other vehicles, it's very sensitive.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 12:45:18 AM by Bwoahh »

Caley19

Another small detail that would be nice to have:
when crashing into a tree(in higher speed) leafs(as particles) could fall off and there could be a sound effect like when you shake of leaves from tree (if you know what I mean). Would be fun to hear that sound effect behind you and when you look back you see falling leaves, dust and crashed car behind the tree :D good stuff.

I think it will fit pretty well for game like WF where you can smash barriers, destroy fences and a lot of other stuff.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:37:00 PM by Caley19 »

First of all, i absolutely adore the game.. Always been a huge fan of the Flaout series, especially UC (the tracks and cars are so awesome, imo the best car game ever made), and i've longed for a new release from you ever since.. Sadly i missed the kickstarter completely, and for some unknown reason i didn't hear of the game until this june when it left early access on steam..

Played 180 hours since then, bought wheel and pedals and everything. It really is a pure joy to drive, the feeling, driving model and physics are all superior, i love the look and sound of it, the crashes look so real and are truly breathtaking at times.. The more realistic approach is a nice fresh breath of air, although i miss US’s crazy tracks (the city track passing through a mall to only name one incredible) at times, but wreckfests tracks are alot of fun, they’re detailed and the enviroments are nice and varied, the artwork and design is superb as always and there’s a lot of destructible objects. Many have their own character (i especially love Boulder bank, Savolax sandpit, Northland Raceway, Sandstone and Motorcity-circuit), and you can focus more on the driving this time and not spinning out and crashing cause of debris lying on the road..

The cars looks, feels, drives great and how they handle very different. The Killer Bee, Hammerhead and Boomer RS to name those that stand out the most of those i've driven can truly be beasts you have to tame.

So mostly just wanna see more of the good, more cars and tracks (i know you’re working hard on that), the foundation and core gameplay is incredible, responsive and above all incredibly fun.. Though some things could be improved and add to the game a lot imo and i hope all of it hasn’t been said before:

• More game modes:

I’d love to see a Pure racing mode/Folk race mode.. Anything more than a shunt and there’s some consequence, like for example the clutch could be locked in engaged position for 5 secs (adjustable), flat-line the torque for a while or
        something.. Would be nice for those who just wanna race.

Drifting, something with drift could definitely be done too (nothing feels as good as the perfect drift in wreckfest), i don’t know, score multiply by angle, drift time and not by position (could be done alone in sp career)

Asymmetrical multiplayer modes/utlize this more in carreer events, towing race, caravan race, bus vs supervans, harvesters etc,.

• Career mode needs more variation and more reward for completing.
    More derbys would be nice for a start, and less track repition. I know you’re constructing new tracks so i guess implementing them will help there a lot (would be awesome with some extreme rally cross tracks with more jumps and bumby roads  to justify soft suspension more. More city and forest tracks, maybe an abandoned airport, a farm or something that’ll stand out a little if it doesn't ruin the theme).
    Career feels pretty unrewarding upon completion as it is now. At least give the player 50 000 credits, a new previously hidden car or something.. The harvester vs harvester and bus vs caravan etc events are a nice break from the normal gameplay and hilarious to play, but they've could been utilized more. The harvester is only in one event, supervans vs harvester would be fun for example, etc etc.. Mix it up a little, harvesters vs bus, vs mega armored Mudigger f o e.
  • Seasonal/monthly tournaments for both multiplayer and singleplayer. An additional segment to career mode/mp that changes monthly could help the game feel fresh a lot longer while keeping the player-base. Special events with all types of setups, some very unique (like the harvester derby in career mode) and some just standard races, derbys etc.

• Ability to create tournaments in MP/Custom Events

• I know this has been said before, but more perfomance/visual customization , especially for some cars.. I’d love to be able to change transmission, suspension etc. I aslo tend to favor all the RS, GT, S variants (especially the Killer Bee S, Boomer RS and Roadslayer GT) just because you can restore them all pretty much, same with the Tristar… I really enyojed restoring cars and it would be nice if you could do it with more of them, and that almost all cars has a “restored” version. Tail/headlights visual custom options would also be incredible.. The Killer Bee S looks so awesome with it’s working tail-lights.. And please bring back the large daytona wing for road-cutter, it looked so awesome in the screenshots, i bought it just for it and was a little disappointed to see it gone.

• This is a lot to ask and i understand it’s not a priority right now, but some time in the future it would be nice to have some access to more assets in .max format.. Right now you have to visualize everything but the position on the map when creating tracks using the games assets. Even when using 3ds max.
  • Petty detail: Fix backfire effects when using manual transmission with clutch, right now it’s only visible in replays and never during racing for some reason. Automatic or manual with auto clutch works fine though.
  • Missing any of the cars: the 1977 AMC Pacer X   F 104, 1962 Alpine A110, 1973 AMC Gremlin X, 1986 Audi Sport Quattro S1, 1970 Alfa Romeo Montreal , 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo, 1981 BMW M1, 1986 BMW M635CSi, 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 427, 1971 De Tomaso Pantera, 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI, 1968 Dodge dart HEMI Super Stock , 1991 GMC Cyclone, 1957 Ford Thunderbird, 1974 Lancia Stratos HF Stradale, 1980 Lotus Esprit Turbo, 1990 Mercedes Benz 190E Evolution II, 1973 Porcshe 911 Carrera RS, 1963 VW Beetle, 1981 VW Scirocco S, 1984 VW Rabbit GTI, 1980 131 Abarth (Fiat 131 rally), 1970 Jensen Interceptor FF, any tail-engined Tatra ;)

• I keep dreaming about these tracks: Suzuka, Knockhill Scotland, WeatherTech Laguna Seca raceway, Mount Panorama Circuit, Virginia International Raceway, Watkins Glen InternationalRaceway, Silverstone,  Interlagos, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Pikes Peak, Gotland Ring, Nurburg Ring.

Thanks for all the hard work, the game has brought me a huge amount of quality gaming time and joy at it’s current state already.. Best car game since Flat Out UC!

As long as you’ll keep on adding content, i’ll keep on playing. I'd even gladly pay for DLC.. :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 01:52:10 PM by phosPhoreScent_o »

Caley19

I still don't understand why Bugbear removed a lot of older liveries for cars. New liveries are amazing, but I remember not long time ago (before release) there was a lot of simple 2 colored liveries for each car but now they are all gone only some of them are there for only some cars.

Another thing, there's a lot of rims and tires variations in Wreckfest, but you still can only have 3-4 different types of rims for each car... why not make all of them available for every car(or at least more of them)?
I even like some of those rims that have it's own color, example - Boomer RS has rims with red line around and it fits nice with a lot of colors.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:31:36 PM by Caley19 »

Zethsquatch

1. Online driver stats. Average damage dealt per race, wins, takedowns etc
2. Ability to disable tire stacks and other objects for us low-end pc guys
3. Server favorites
4. More livery options or a Forza style paint shop (They spoiled me, I want that in every racing game lol)
5. Game modes - Trailer races, car soccer, capture the flag and tag come to mind
6. Minor thing but have the paint go over the door bars. You took the time to design these really good liveries then they get covered up by the armor

Rowdy Burns

1:57 - 2:12
I want a workshop in the game just like this where I can build my banger cars and visually see all the upgraded parts.

car settings should also include ride height and camber adjust.

Visuals in the pit area after a race as would be nice to inspect the damage of a vehicle and try to do basic repairs for a next heats.

Mopower

There is already a garage where you can rotate and view the car from different angles after upgrading.
Go BIG or go home!

Rowdy Burns

I guess I was thinking it'd be nice to see the engine and every part that gets upgraded in that detail like in that video... Maybe even some Gran Turismo style camera panning effects showing off your selected car if you put the controller down and leave it on garage view!

Not sure if this is in the game and probably been mentioned before - Engine swaps... big car with a smaller engine for more ramming power (slower) as it wold take up less room in the engine bay or bigger engine for more power (faster) but could damage easy in a crash.

Merhunes Dagon

In flatout 1 it was so good when you were upgrading your car, seeing each part it was really immersive even in an arcada game.