Author Topic: Wheel Drifts Left  (Read 176 times)

rchin

Hello,

I recently got a Logitech Momo for dirt cheap on craiglist and was very excited to use it to play some Wreckfest. When I first started using it it was great, however I noticed after a few games or even a few laps the wheel wants to be tilted left in order for the game to think that the steering wheel is straight. I have used the wheel in Dirt 4 and have had no issues playing that, it only seems to happen when I play Wreckfest and it makes it difficult to play. I love how the game feels with a wheel and really want to figure out why the game is doing this. Sometimes when it does tilt left I will keep driving and it will randomly just go back to center and then it'll go back to being tilted left. I have searched all over trying to find a solution. Hoping someone out there has a solution to this! Dev or just a knowledgeable player.

Thanks in advanced!

If it would help to send screenshots of settings or anything I am happy to do so.

St. Jimmy

Can you take a look at your Logitech profile or something from the Windows that shows how your wheel is actually positioned when this occurs? Then compare it how it's in the game settings. That should already answer is it actually problem with the game or is the wheel having issues communicating with Windows.

Could be some calibration problem.
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

rchin

Can you take a look at your Logitech profile or something from the Windows that shows how your wheel is actually positioned when this occurs? Then compare it how it's in the game settings. That should already answer is it actually problem with the game or is the wheel having issues communicating with Windows.

Could be some calibration problem.

I don't have logitechs software installed for it, I saw some people saying that it makes stuff wonky, but when I experience it in game I look at the windows calibration and when I center the wheel the calibration in windows sees it as centered. So I know it is the game doing it, but it doens't look like there is a way to calibrate it in game? It is just sliders for settings and binding.