Author Topic: Tarmac 3 short track, need a checkpoint.  (Read 233 times)

Purple44

While racing online Saturday night, saw at least one player "cheating" the Tarmac 3 short track because there was no checkpoint to stop him:

I can't kick player for cheating the track since game lets him take the short route.

Racing track in reverse direction, missing checkpoint not a problem, since that route be taking the long way around.

I just checked reverse route and the missing checkpoint is there on Tarmac 3 short reverse.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:15:00 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

Which turn do you mean, Purp? Driving the right side of the barrier?

Finsku

Which turn do you mean, Purp? Driving the right side of the barrier?

I think he means you can cut on that turn where the red line is (car shows where you can drive?), so you get a better driving line to next turns with higher speed.

Janne Suur-Näkki

It would seem so.

We need to fix that by adding more barriers instead of a checkpoint since that's a starting grid area.

Purple44

Ah, that why there no checkpoint.

Maybe couple more barriers and a fire truck?

Merhunes Dagon

And what's about a new vehicle, a fire truck ?

Purple44

And what's about a new vehicle, a fire truck ?

There a fire truck object Bugbear could use to help block the cheat path. :)

Hoppen

While I agree that should be fixed, it's not actually a shortcut which helps your lap time, the real problems with Tarmac 3 (Espedalen) lie in the ability to use the grass for the fastest line, the grass here doesn't give you any loss of traction and acts just like the tarmac, so there's a few sections where it's just better to run out wide on the grass to keep your speed.

Here is a video with the fastest lines on these tracks, the fix is to either make the grass lose you traction (i'd hate to see running wide actually slow your car down as that's very unrealistic), or to add some objects in the way/make the ground bumpier in places.

Xeon e3-1231v3, 16GB, GTX 970, Win10 64bit, Xbox 360 Pad

Purple44

I'm fine with most what you showed Hoppen, I use some them cuts too. :)  But at 0:56 and 1:29 where you going real wide, I be good with making that ground rougher to make guys rethink going that wide to keep their speed and avoid cars.

Me, I would put some barriers out from barrier wall, that stick above ground about a foot, so car could get over the barrier, but kick rearend of car, up in the air!  ;)

But leave some room to go wide and not catch a barrier.

I did this on my Gokart track, check 0:34 in this video:

sam223

While I agree that should be fixed, it's not actually a shortcut which helps your lap time, the real problems with Tarmac 3 (Espedalen) lie in the ability to use the grass for the fastest line, the grass here doesn't give you any loss of traction and acts just like the tarmac, so there's a few sections where it's just better to run out wide on the grass to keep your speed.

Here is a video with the fastest lines on these tracks, the fix is to either make the grass lose you traction (i'd hate to see running wide actually slow your car down as that's very unrealistic), or to add some objects in the way/make the ground bumpier in places.

Oh my,you spent almost as much time off road than on it
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 06:55:17 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2