Author Topic: Car files  (Read 185 times)

Bellerby

Anyone help I need to do the n and s file for my skin but don’t know how to I’m wanting the paint to have a shine to it any help will be great

Purple44

Anyone help I need to do the n and s file for my skin but don’t know how to I’m wanting the paint to have a shine to it any help will be great

Give this thread a look:

Collected skinning info (skins.vsks etc.)

Some the information may be outdated with final version of Wreckfest.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Bellerby

Any videos or step by step guide to help

St. Jimmy

Just read the thread that Purple44 linked:

s.bmap: (Most of the info copied from dev post: Link.)

R - Metalness:
White color means it's 100% clean metal and black means it's not clean metal. Rust, for example is no longer metal which means it's a black value in metalness.

G - Car paint clear coat
White means a clean showroom quality clear coat, black means no clear coat at all. Mark everything that is not car paint (plastic parts, chrome, vinyl decals, dirt, rust) as black into this channel.
Your car probably isn't a new car either so don't go full white on the base brightness. Generally this channel should have all the same details marked in as there are in the roughness channel.

B - Reflectivity:
This is an additional adjustment for reflectivity which in most cases should be left as 128,128,128 grey. However, if you have details such as holes marked into your textures I recommend marking them into this channel as black.

A - Roughness:
White is super rough, black is super smooth. Most of the detail should go in this channel.

Example channels from 05_american/skin01_s.bmap: (AM2 Skin3)

Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

G=Roughness
A=Nothing now i think

If you want to make a skin shiny, give the _s maps a red or blue tint.
If you want it matte,paint it green
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 04:08:54 AM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2