Author Topic: Running TVTP on Wreckfest Server Manager  (Read 185 times)

RotorRian

Hi all,

Just wondering if someone can offer some support in regards to setting up the Very Track Pack on a Dedicated server using Wreckfest Server Manger.

My TVTP server works fine and is discoverable in Multiplayer but i'm guessing my stuffing up the mod files for the tracks etc.

I have the mod enabled and when I select 'Mod Tracks'

I have the following fields to enter:

Name*
Display Name*
Game Type*
Direction
Area
Length
Image Filename
Layout Filename

Weathers:
Name:
Display Name

I'm guessing its to do with the Image File and Layout File but I've tried a few configs and they have all failed.

Cheers

Rian

St. Jimmy

It's the Name field that's the most important.

Not sure has TVE provided full list of what server command is for each track (basically the .evse filename of each track). For example if you want to add Konsmo Open track, do it like this:

Name: rallycross_konsmoraceway
Display Name: Konsmo Open
Game Type: Racing
Direction:
Area:
Length:
Image Filename:
Layout Filename:

Weathers
Name:
Display Name:

Display Name is just is the display name of the track in the WSM I believe so you can put anything you like in there.
Other stuff are just more info about the track if you want those stuff to show in the WSM. Image and Layout Filename are just images for the WSM if you want those shown. You likely need to make those images yourself.

If there's no list then you should browse what track is what with BagEdit. Every track stops with .evse so for example the Konsmo Open is rallycross_konsmoraceway.evse as you can see when you look inside that file with BagEdit. You can find those from \data\property\event\

Don't forget to restart and save the WSM for stuff to become available. Check more from here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=713910223
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 01:49:05 PM by St. Jimmy »
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

The Very End

Oh, have not done a complete list sorry. Not home now so cannot do it here, but if you head into the event folder you will see them all.
Basically, first is the environment, aka. if it's a rallycross, oval, misc etc. Then it is the actual track name. As what Jimmy tells, environment_trackname should be right.

Length and so on is flavor text in the tcat files, I have not done that as I didn't prioritize to measure the exact length for each track manually and then add it into that file (there is no automatic process for it atm).

St. Jimmy

Also looks like with some community effort we could make a file (or likely some copy/pase thingy) that contains all the mod tracks for the WSM and share it for everyone:

Share the pictures (location will likely be different for everyone's preferences)and people could easily add those too so it doesn't look blank in the WSM.

//EDIT: Looks like this is already covered also in the guide I linked. So adding pictures would be pretty easy thing also that it works for everyone.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 02:06:23 PM by St. Jimmy »

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

if you type 'tracks' in the server console itll list all tracks loaded on the server. These are the names to use for your event loop.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

St. Jimmy

if you type 'tracks' in the server console itll list all tracks loaded on the server. These are the names to use for your event loop.
Doesn't work with mod tracks.

Sorry forgot to restart the server twice...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 02:53:58 PM by St. Jimmy »

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

TVTP tracks all start with theverytrackpack_

Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

St. Jimmy

Hmm mine looks like this:

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

Hmm mine looks like this:

Hmm,maybe hes renamed them at some point. They should work in the event loop either way if you use the name printed in console.

The Very End

Don't think you should need that, as it is the super / main 3vironment, or mod name. But if it does not work, try writing for example theverytrackpack_ovals_phr and see if it accepts that.

RotorRian

Awesome.

Thanks for the help everyone. I see where I was going wrong.

I took track images as not literal images but like a 3D model of the track.

It all makes a lot of sense now :D

Thanks for the support.