Author Topic: Xbox version  (Read 377 times)

Scott G

Hi all, can anyone tell me please if the Xbox version will have any UK tracks or cars like in the pc game? Or if there are any planned as map packs? Cheers.

sam223

Hi all, can anyone tell me please if the Xbox version will have any UK tracks or cars like in the pc game? Or if there are any planned as map packs? Cheers.
Unlikely i think, still no definitive answer if console will have mods at all. If there is mods, will there be restrictions on mods, how will they be distributed, will PC mod makers need a developer console to publish to consoles? etc etc.

Id assume no,until a dev corrects me and says otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 07:25:19 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Scott G

That’s a real shame there are a lot of banger racers here in the UK myself included as well as regular spectators who would love to use UK tracks and cars, but like me are console gamers and not pc gamers. There was a lot of interest in the game from people at our local track who have now been put off because they are not going to be able to play in the way they wanted too. At £55 for the console game I must admit that I’m weighing it up myself, I’m sure I will end up getting purely because I’ve been waiting for it for so long. CVCYAA

sam223

That’s a real shame there are a lot of banger racers here in the UK myself included as well as regular spectators who would love to use UK tracks and cars, but like me are console gamers and not pc gamers. There was a lot of interest in the game from people at our local track who have now been put off because they are not going to be able to play in the way they wanted too. At £55 for the console game I must admit that I’m weighing it up myself, I’m sure I will end up getting purely because I’ve been waiting for it for so long. CVCYAA
I understand what you mean. As the saying goes, if i had a pound for every time someone asked....but as it currently stands there is pretty much no info, so im just assuming really. No harm in asking though, and the more you ask the more likely itll happen, maybe.

If not there are some improvements coming in the near future with cloud based gaming,in which you can play modern games on any old cheap laptop/pc over the internet. We've tested one setup recently and it works flawlessly, as long as you have decent internet at home and pay a subscription fee to use the service. So maybe that will be a option instead.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Scott G

Ok great thank you.

Janne Suur-Näkki

For the most part, the question is still up in the air. The game has the same feature set on both PC and consoles so from a technical point of view it would be possible to run mods on consoles, but there are a lot of other issues to consider, for example how are the mods distributed and installed, how to keep the system secure, etc. It might be a too hefty bite for us to chew but we'll see.

Rowdy Burns

UK Bangers on console would be an absolute dream either as a mod, DLC Pack or even as a complete separate game.
I'll keep dreaming in the meantime!   :)

sam223

UK Bangers on console would be an absolute dream either as a mod, DLC Pack or even as a complete separate game.
I'll keep dreaming in the meantime!   :)

Have a look at https://shadow.tech/gben
and
https://www.nvidia.co.uk/geforce/products/geforce-now/

Rowdy Burns

Really not for me that stuff... I'll be sticking to my ps4 pro on the big telly for my gaming needs until the next playstation comes out lol

sam223

Really not for me that stuff... I'll be sticking to my ps4 pro on the big telly for my gaming needs until the next playstation comes out lol
Well thats kinda the point im getting it, if mods dont come to consoles. You could stream the PC game to any device, and youll get better performance than you would on a console. Providing you have a decent internet connection.
Try it out for a month,if dont like it,cancel subscription. Gotta be better than nothing right?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 09:15:04 PM by sam223 »

Rowdy Burns

Well thats kinda the point im getting it, if mods dont come to consoles. You could stream the PC game to any device, and youll get better performance than you would on a console. Providing you have a decent internet connection.
Try it out for a month,if dont like it,cancel subscription. Gotta be better than nothing right?
I'll keep my fingers crossed mods make it to console on way or another!

Online cross play would be awesome too... I could imagine the team events xbox vs ps vs pc!!

Purple44

For the most part, the question is still up in the air. The game has the same feature set on both PC and consoles so from a technical point of view it would be possible to run mods on consoles, but there are a lot of other issues to consider, for example how are the mods distributed and installed, how to keep the system secure, etc. It might be a too hefty bite for us to chew but we'll see.

Here a big question for me Janne, if mods were made available on the consoles, assuming mods would have come from PC players, if us PC players upload a mod to Wreckfest Workshop, then would there be an option in Bagedit to also upload mod to the consoles?

A lot of the mods now at WF workshop, like track mods, are getting new updates throughout the year. Would the consoles get the new updates us modders upload?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

Well - theoretically when uploading the mod to the Steam Workshop the mod could be uploaded to the console specific content sharing service at the same time.

That said, launching and running something like that (content sharing service) requires quite a bit of resources so please don't get your hopes up. Of course, the situation might change should either of the first parties implement a system-wide modding platform that would allow smaller developers to utilize user created content without having to create and run a content sharing service of their own.