Author Topic: Game progress gone? (Post launch)  (Read 303 times)

Jay

Howdy

I appear to have had my progress reset for some reason. I played in the beta and had my progress reset after launch, which i was aware of, and i leveled up again after the launch of the game also. But now, after coming back to play after not playing for a couple of months, my progress has been reset and I've lost everything I had.
Did the game get another reset or do I have a bug? If so is this repairable by BugBear staff at all?

Gracias

Purple44

There been no reset of career mode since the June 14 reset.

You not the first to lose their progress in career mode. Some have lost it when game crashes doing career mode. And there maybe other causes that can get career file wiped.

If you have not made backup of the save game files, then I sorry to tell you, there no getting it back.

Are you level 50? did you finish career mod? then should backup your save ......

You can use the Free Market mod to get enough credits to buy all the cars and parts you want, then disable the mod when done: 

Free Market

Janne did post this a few days ago:

Quote from: jannesBB;1734339901252146690
Steam Cloud is planned, but no ETA for the time being.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 04:11:57 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Jay

Thanks for the reply.
Nah I wasn't maxed out at level 50 or anything, probably around level 20 or so since I hadn't played for while. I'd rather not use the mods, I enjoy leveling up, just sucks I got do it again that's all :P

Hopefully can get Steam cloud soon!

Purple44

Thanks for the reply.
Nah I wasn't maxed out at level 50 or anything, probably around level 20 or so since I hadn't played for while. I'd rather not use the mods, I enjoy leveling up, just sucks I got do it again that's all :P

I got 29 copies of my save folded by the time I finish the career mode. I had to use a save a couple times when I forgot to click restart because I had a bad race ( clicked continue instead ) and would not got any points for that race in an 6-8 race event.  :o
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Zebulon55

I got 29 copies of my save folded by the time I finish the career mode. I had to use a save a couple times when I forgot to click restart because I had a bad race ( clicked continue instead ) and would not got any points for that race in an 6-8 race event.  :o

I keep at least one saved career folder at all times; I haven't had a lost career yet, but I have had to restore an old save due to buyer's remorse. (I had spent too much upgrading that old Rocket.)
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Daystar

Wish there was a save/backup career option, in the Wreckfest menu under MISC. maybe in the future Bugbear can implement this feature? also wish them guys would make the Leaderboards easier to access :-/
Most of Wreckfest users are clueless where the save data is located. so this would be a very good feature to have in game, regarding saving all car settings, Career advancements, controller settings etc.

Am I right on these matters?   

Mopower

Thanks for the reply.

Atta boy, that free market crap is for "I need it now!"s. Building your rides is half the game :p
Go BIG or go home!