Author Topic: definitive version....  (Read 664 times)

senillosa

Some of you are certainly tired of hearing me but rest assured I am coming for one last attempt

I have already tried to be heard dozens of times on steam without ever interested in anyone

it's been 30 years that I play video games and I play wreckfest nearly 650 hours and wreckfest was until June my favorite game
it is now more than one of my biggest disappointment in 30 years of video game
fireglow, free radical, bugbear ...

this rage that was after this ultimate carnage fiasco
I have played more than 500 hours of ultimate carnage and this game is dead, leave to abandon, throw like shit
who does it matter
The story repeats itself
wreckfest takes a very perilous way and the devs are totally responsible for their choices

the multi community is alone to have an interest for the devs
the solo mode is lamentable since June
AI cars are like trains on rails, indisabilizable, unperturbable, heavy as tanks, deprive of all fun, deprive of physics which until June was magnificent, wreckfest is no more than a lost game, no arcade or simulation, a lost game that is practiced only in multi

maybe the devs have too much to listen it's gents who only play in multi and for playing a few hours in multi I understand very well the reason that drives the devs to act this way
to see players rolling with buses in the opposite direction or to roll straight ahead in the bends for the sole purpose of destroying other players without having anything to do with the race record pushes many players to complain about a phisque too soft and cars too light or fragile
this community of .... was right of the devs and this has to adapt the phisique of the game according to it is multi players

in a few years flatout ultimate carnage and wreckfest will be put in the same category, superb game whose servers are close victim of the greed

I tried to make myself heard and I saw many mesages of player complaining of this AI but the devs do not worry about solo players because the long therme does not bring them anything, they need money a lot and fast and only the multi can be favorable to them
it's a lost cause
I dont claim
I report and cursed you, bugbear

flatout, wreckfest is dead, I hope that bugbear will follow wreckfest in his grave to never inflict on us again

I would certainly come here to follow for a while what I am on this topic because despite this death that reigns in me there is always a stupid hope
it's not realism that makes a good games but the fun it provides

Purple44

Some of you are certainly tired of hearing me but rest assured I am coming for one last attempt

I have already tried to be heard dozens of times on steam without ever interested in anyone

it's been 30 years that I play video games and I play wreckfest nearly 650 hours and wreckfest was until June my favorite game
it is now more than one of my biggest disappointment in 30 years of video game
fireglow, free radical, bugbear ...

this rage that was after this ultimate carnage fiasco
I have played more than 500 hours of ultimate carnage and this game is dead, leave to abandon, throw like shit
who does it matter
The story repeats itself
wreckfest takes a very perilous way and the devs are totally responsible for their choices

the multi community is alone to have an interest for the devs
the solo mode is lamentable since June
AI cars are like trains on rails, indisabilizable, unperturbable, heavy as tanks, deprive of all fun, deprive of physics which until June was magnificent, wreckfest is no more than a lost game, no arcade or simulation, a lost game that is practiced only in multi

maybe the devs have too much to listen it's gents who only play in multi and for playing a few hours in multi I understand very well the reason that drives the devs to act this way
to see players rolling with buses in the opposite direction or to roll straight ahead in the bends for the sole purpose of destroying other players without having anything to do with the race record pushes many players to complain about a phisque too soft and cars too light or fragile
this community of .... was right of the devs and this has to adapt the phisique of the game according to it is multi players

in a few years flatout ultimate carnage and wreckfest will be put in the same category, superb game whose servers are close victim of the greed

I tried to make myself heard and I saw many mesages of player complaining of this AI but the devs do not worry about solo players because the long therme does not bring them anything, they need money a lot and fast and only the multi can be favorable to them
it's a lost cause
I dont claim
I report and cursed you, bugbear

flatout, wreckfest is dead, I hope that bugbear will follow wreckfest in his grave to never inflict on us again

I would certainly come here to follow for a while what I am on this topic because despite this death that reigns in me there is always a stupid hope

About pitting, getting the AI to spin out, I have no trouble doing this with AI in career mode. One thing to remember is the physics in Wreckfest are base on real world physics, the bigger cars have more weigh\ mass than the smaller cars.

If you using a small car like the Killerbee or Nexus, you will have a harder time pitting AI with bigger cars. If use a heavier car like the Dominator or the Warwargon, will make it easier to pit the AI. I can pit buses with my Warwargon.

Also it help if you have some speed on when you hit the AI back quarter panel. A love tap usual not going to do it.

About online,  Ultimate Carnage never had a big online comminuty. After 3 months after being release in 2008, there was only 3000+ copies of UC sold. Most PC players back in 2008 did not see a good reason to pay $20 for Flatout 2 with better eye candy. There was no new tracks and no new cars ( except a couple of FO1 cars ). Was 12  AI, not 12 player online and no finish version of TAG mode. :(  And yes I was one of the few that did buy UC when it got release.

We did keep Wreckfest online alive through the 3+ years of development period for NGC\Wreckfest ( Oct 2014 - June 2018 ). Things did get slow online during 2016. Wreckfest online is now busy, but has slow some since June, but that to be expected.

But it does seem Wreckfest will not reach the popularity of the more arcade Flatout 2, online:

I also watched the entire thing and essentially agree with everything. The only thing I disagree with is MP. If they're going to add MP then I feel it can't be an after thought. I don't intend to play MP at all but I really don't like when games are inconsistent in quality. I'd rather have MP done right with nice hosting options ect that have a glitch MP I'll never even consider trying.

If !!!!!   There no if, multiplayer coming for NCG.  :D

In my 9 years of racing online with my PC ( got started with Flatout 1 back in 2005 ), I have seen only two PC racing games, that were not sims, get the online right and had a robust online community until the online servers got turn off. Flatout 2 ( 6 years ) and GRID 1 ( 3 years ).

Almost 3 years after the release of Flatout 2: http://flatoutjoint.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=1743.0
Here the latest news on Empire Interactive:

Zoo Publishing Snags Empire Interactive Licenses

Zoo Publishing announced a deal to license, publish, and distribute the catalog of titles previously published and developed by, the now defunct, Empire Interactive, allowing it to re-release previous Empire titles, to port previously released games to new platforms, and to create a new gaming content from existing IPs.

Well Flatout 2 online server still working, there over 500 players online right now:

http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/mods.asp?id=1420

"then I feel it can't be an after thought" I agree and we have seen some game makers fall way short when it come to MP.  :(

Bugbear got a big rep to hold up, thanks to the success of Flatout 2 online, I'm confident Bugbear will get online right again.  :D

Edit: Bugbear, will there be a way of telling how many players are online with NCG?

Steam has a way that show how many players have a game running, but it the total of both SP and MP. Can't tell how many are just playing online. :(

In Blur, online it gave the total number of players playing each mode, like 10 player mode, 20 player mode, team player mode.

It was nice having the gamespy link to check and see how many players were online on a Saturday afternoon.

Here GRID 2 Steam numbers, you can see how GRID 2 numbers die off quickly.

http://steamcharts.com/app/44350#1y

Here my pic of online players in Aug:

No 500 players online, but still plenty of servers to join. And there usually a variety of servers you can join, can join a no rules server if you like your racing rough or a clean racing server if don't want get divebomp in the first turn or look for a semi-rough\ semi clean server I like to put up on a Saturday night or join a modded server to get to race on some custom tracks. :)

We may not have a large online community, but I think we got a solid base of online players that will keep online going until we see Wreckfest 2 some day in the future. And since Bugbear got online done right, thanks from the input from the community here in the forum,  Wreckfest will not die an early death like, GRID 2, DIRT Showdown and Blur.   GRRR

Multiplayer Do's and Don'ts.

Do keep in mind, this time around, Bugbear wanted to do a racing game that they envision and not have a publisher shoot their ideas down. Bugbear let the Flatout\ Wreckfest community instead tell Bugbear when they maybe headed in the wrong direction. The community definitely help shape Wreckfest and I was very glad Bugbear let us be part of the process and thanks to the community support with $$, Bugbear got have free rein with what they wanted to do with Wreckfest until 2016 and money got tight and had to take on a publisher to finish Wreckfest .

A blast from the past, a FOJ chat with Bugbear fredizzimo.

From the chat window at Flatout Joint back in 2007, read the post from the bottom - up:

# fredizzimo : We are planning another game, but I can't tell what it is yet
# fredizzimo : and we never used them internally
# fredizzimo : The IO commands were probably dropped because we moved to a newer version of lua
# Pavcules : I guess its too early to say...and I guess you can't say it yet....but is there FlatOut 3 planned?
# Muratus : I know. What happened to the LUA IO commands in FO2. They sure were handy in FO1.
# fredizzimo : ok
# Muratus : it probably helps not having all them extra poly's in the track models.
# Pavcules : Muratus will Private Message you with things Fred.
# Pavcules : its a shame really...because the city tracks would have been nice to cruise through
# fredizzimo : At least 3 times less time spent on each track, so something has to be left out
# fredizzimo : and the track team did the FlatOut 2 tracks much,  much faster than the FlatOut 1 tracks
# Pavcules : Is BugBear planning to develop new car games?
# fredizzimo : Team games were planned, but actually dropped even before anything was done
# Pavcules : Complete in terms of driving anywhere.
# Muratus : I got an Idea. Can you guys send a list of all idea's that were dropped, and the almost complete files. We'll finish them up for ya. lmao
# Pavcules : was their any plans for team games?  and why were most of the tracks not complete like in FO1?
# fredizzimo : Empire liked to drop out nearly completed things..
# fredizzimo : haha they were dropped out, like many other things
# fredizzimo : Almost all understeeer that you get is because of limited steering
# Pavcules : What happened to the new games modes that were developed?  Baku was able to make them appear, but they don't work very well.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

senillosa

to drive 120 km/h and to hit a car in a bend without braking and to see that big or small car does not even move more than 20 cm has nothing but nothing realistic
if you think the IA behavior of wreckfest realist then we dont come from the same planet because here on earth the car does not weigh 50 tons

the AI ??of June and the AI ??of today have nothing to do they are not at all the same phisics
I will not repeat myself a second time in front of a person who pretends not to understand anything and neither while discarding the subject
and after 650 hours of play I certainly dont need a teach on this game

and for a final in this discution I dont care about the community's opinion, as I said in my first message I have nothing to do with the people composing the community of wreckfest
the notice and a message of the devs was a last hope for me but obviously I can dream because as I said in my first message they have nothing to do with it

sam223

Such long winded replies. @senillosa your complaint is the ai are too heavy/on rails and you only play offline?

If thats the only problems,and you are will to investigate a bit deeper in the game files you can change that. Let me know if thats the case and ill point you in the right direction
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:35:56 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Daystar

Also I would like to pipe in real quickly, I have a Legacy Wreckfest Ver. whiich is April 2017, and the AI is much easier to pit. if you would like to have it, please PM me. also I have much mods that support that version, including the Ratfest pack (including a monster truck, Van, Super torpedo car) etc.. just hit me up in a PM and I will furnish you the details. after all, Wreckfest is meant to be a lot of fun, regardless what version you may possess.

Regards

Zebulon55

Yep - with Sam's advice you can make the game perform in such a way that it's fun for you, and have all of the cars and assets present in the final version.

Don't give up on Wreckfest yet.  :)
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

senillosa

Sam223, you tell me that?...I can change the weight of cars and their behavior after a hit in the game files?
if it's possible then yes, sure, i wish to have information

i want to play wreckfest as it was in june !!!

sam223

Sam223, you tell me that?...I can change the weight of cars and their behavior after a hit in the game files?
if it's possible then yes, sure, i wish to have information

i want to play wreckfest as it was in june !!!
You can change anything and everything (expect gamemodes). We already have a couple of total conversion mods on steam workshop (including my own). Where the game play is nothing like the game you bought.

EDITTING

Navigate to your game install folder and open bagedit.
For safe modding you should find the file you want to edit>right click in bagedit>duplicate file>new mod. Then any additional files you want to edit should be added to your 'new mod' in the same way. Its self contained then and you wont corrupt your base game.

FILES

This is how ai are assembled so you can edit them for your own purpose:
Each car has multiple .aicr files (e.g data/vehicle/CHASSISNAMEHERE/ai/player/ .aicr). These decide what physics the ai has (vehicle .cavs) and how they drive (profile .vaip).

Within each .cavs there is a 'assembly' list of parts (engine/brakes/tires etc etc), the ai often have their own parts that differ from the player, sticky tires etc located in data/vehicle/CHASSISNAMEHERE/ai/part/. You can edit all these individual parts.

Within each .vaip is a list of parameters determining how the each ai drive. Mistake factor,braking distance,how often they target players/ai etc etc

It might also be worth considering looking at data/property/settings/collisionmatrix_race.clmx and data/property/settings/collisionmatrix_derby.clmx

In these files you have 2 parameters which make the game decide what category a car fits into during a collision. Light/heavy is decided by 'car type weight threshold' and Fast/slow is decided by 'car type speed threshold'. Increase/decreasing these will make the game think every car is heavy or light. Or always slow(default) or always fast.

The grouped sections above these. 'ai fast light','ai default light' etc are the categories for the threshold i mentioned above.
They are a category for a collision receiving car, and within each is a force multiplier on X (horizontal) and Y (vertical) axis for the hitting car. So for example you can make slow light ai cars,roll heavy fast players by increasing the Y values of 'Player faster heavy' (receiver)>'Ai car default light' (attacker)>Y axis (vertical)> increase value
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 04:42:11 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

senillosa

thank you very much sam for your interest and for the time spent to help me

I already know the bagedit, the workshop ... but I'm not a modder
I already work on a lot of games since the early 2000s with sudden or PCM but i dont want to re...
I know how it goes
learn the operation of the bagedit create test recreat test repair retry again and again ... thank you

daystar to recover wreckfest files 2017 and even if it'snt as good as june 2018 i find the enormous pleasure i had to play wreckfest
the AI ??expert is less strong than in June 2018 they are less aggressive but for the aggressiveness I know there are mods, I've even tried this summer during my sadness to have lost wreckfest
short
i found wreckfest 2017 and I'm happy, i'm happy and i can play wreckfest now

my opinion on bugbear him will not change after so much deception and sadness
this impossible search for realism on the part of more and more devs is not a good thing, they are games it will never have anything like the real, too many games like wreckfest are lost between arcade and simu what does not look like anything anymore
a game it must be above all fun and especially a game of stockcar

successor to flatout or destruction derby, no, never

Daystar

thank you very much sam for your interest and for the time spent to help me

I already know the bagedit, the workshop ... but I'm not a modder
I already work on a lot of games since the early 2000s with sudden or PCM but i dont want to re...
I know how it goes
learn the operation of the bagedit create test recreat test repair retry again and again ... thank you

daystar to recover wreckfest files 2017 and even if it'snt as good as june 2018 i find the enormous pleasure i had to play wreckfest
the AI ??expert is less strong than in June 2018 they are less aggressive but for the aggressiveness I know there are mods, I've even tried this summer during my sadness to have lost wreckfest
short
i found wreckfest 2017 and I'm happy, i'm happy and i can play wreckfest now

my opinion on bugbear him will not change after so much deception and sadness
this impossible search for realism on the part of more and more devs is not a good thing, they are games it will never have anything like the real, too many games like wreckfest are lost between arcade and simu what does not look like anything anymore
a game it must be above all fun and especially a game of stockcar

successor to flatout or destruction derby, no, never

Your language is a little bit confusng to me. however the PM I received from you makes me think, that you do enjoy the Legacy April 2017 ver. I had sent you.
this is good news. I always try to make people happy. hopefully someday you will find a fine balance with your enjoyment with Wreckfest. and yes I do agree with
you about it being so difficult to pit (spin out) the Ai lately. it's almost as if they are on rails again. wish you the best with having fun with Wreckfest today and maybe the future as well!

Side Note: do get in touch with me via a PM if you want any mods that are compatible with the link I gave you previously!

Cheers mate

senillosa

yes I am very happy with the 2017 version, it is not as good as June 2018 but it is very good and I play with pleasure now
I'm not happy for the way bugbear chose to evolve wreckfest but now I'm playing with the 2017 version you gave me and I'm happy
I hope this time I am clearer
my English is bad I confuse many French and English Spanish languages ??and I often miss my words

the mods I play with, "the very track pack", "historic track", "trackfest" all work very well
I thank you again

St. Jimmy

I believe there's a way to download older versions through Steam.
Something like https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_download_older_versions_of_a_game_on/
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Konan

Question: That seems to mean that us console players have to be satisfied with a version that is less good than it was initially?
We can't alter anything like you pc guys can...

Purple44

I think there different opinions on which version of Wreckfest is better.

One problem with using an older version of Wreckfest, there may be some bugs, like cars having issues landing after a jump. Not sure if that was fix by the time the April 2017 Build got release.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

senillosa

are tutorial is not clear at all i will definitely not venture to do anything like this

i dont know where to find all ID... "app IDs, ID depot, and the manifest ID"
i dont understand anything at his command line he offers us

this tutorial is not a tutorial but a tip for a small number of people able to understand it

if anyone knows what this guy is talking about
and that he will help me ...

this version of wreckesft is i think the one i'm looking for

https://steamdb.info/sub/36750/history/

Change # 4178835

it is the version of March because that of April does not exist in the list

if you know what to do to install this version thank you kindly make me a real tutorial