Author Topic: 32 Driver Servers ?  (Read 218 times)

londoner

Possible? to come ?  or not interested. heard very few will have pcs for this to work. would be huge fun for the 32 that could make it work ?

Purple44

Possible? to come ?  or not interested. heard very few will have pcs for this to work. would be huge fun for the 32 that could make it work ?

One, Devs have said Wreckfest is hardcoded to 24 cars. So just changing 1 line of code, not going give us more cars.

Two, few servers can truly handle 24 player online, would be much tougher to handle 32 cars. Server need a fast single core CPU and server need big, fast pipes to handle the load of the data passing back and forth.

But ya, be great if we could have 32 cars online.  :)  Maybe will happen in 10 years?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mopower

One, Devs have said Wreckfest is hardcoded to 24 cars. So just changing 1 line of code, not going give us more cars.

Two, few servers can truly handle 24 player online, would be much tougher to handle 32 cars. Server need a fast single core CPU and server need big, fast pipes to handle the load of the data passing back and forth.

But ya, be great if we could have 32 cars online.  :)  Maybe will happen in 10 years?
Not much more to be said other than the fact that Bugbear would be more likely to have 16 players in console version as it's going to require much more, but you never know what they've got planned. They are good peeps, and I think you'll see the action you desire with console release if we ever get cross-platform play!

Purely speculation on the 16 player part. Like I said, you never know what they've got planned.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 08:16:23 AM by Mopower »
Go BIG or go home!