Author Topic: Example car  (Read 355 times)

Hey team.

Been on the hunt for the example car 3ds file supplied in previous versions of the game but cannot locate it for the life of me!

Could someone point me in the right direction as to where it resides, or if it has been removed would someone be so kind to give me a copy of it.

Thanks.
Sim Setup: Thrustmaster T300RS - Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals - DSD Sequential Shifter - Modified NZKW Simulator - NZKW GT Seat

The Very End

Think the example car .max file has been removed. Tried to find the previous named body file, but that seems removed. Would be nice with the example car / body again.

Purple44

Scotty, you just want the body.max file ( from April 2017 Build ) or would it be best I pack up the whole mod_vehicle_1 folder? And post a link.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Scotty, you just want the body.max file ( from April 2017 Build ) or would it be best I pack up the whole mod_vehicle_1 folder? And post a link.

The whole folder would be great Purple! Cheers
Sim Setup: Thrustmaster T300RS - Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals - DSD Sequential Shifter - Modified NZKW Simulator - NZKW GT Seat

The Very End

Won't help;
If you use the old folder setup / old modelling files it won't work. Stuff has changed and it will lead to the game crashes. The examplemod in the mod folder is updated and fine as it is, it is just  that we need a new body file that adheres to the current usage in-game.

Edit: Or, if you copy the current's build example folder that is fine, but you cannot use the old body.max file as there is a lot of stuff changed in recent patches.

Purple44

Hmmm, should we talk to Janne, see if Bugbear could add the a current body.max file in the new update that coming soon I think?

Edit:  I sent a message to Janne.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 01:51:38 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

Let me see what I can do, hang tight.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Here you go with up-to-date example files, strictly art assets (psd, tga, bmap) deleted to keep the download size small:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fXXDFNw2fJ5VFfFIWPFz3Jn4qBpjMIRj

The Very End

Quick question without checking the files (not at home computer); does this include a .max or .obj / .fbx file? If not due to legal issues, could be a car filled with only dummies, as long as you get all the name and conventions that would be hugely beneficial to newcombers or old turds that try to fix their old broken stuff ;)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yes, the .max file for the Example car is included so you should be all good :)

Why it was missing from the last update was simply an oversight from our part.

Thanks Janne!

TT

I think the Blender example car files are also outdated.

If someone had time, updating those might be very helpful.

sam223

I think the Blender example car files are also outdated.

If someone had time, updating those might be very helpful.
I dont think anything has actually changed on the models since the examples were first released. Other than the requirement for brake disk objects now, but they were already on the example.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:52:21 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

THX a bunch Janne, was just gonna pick up modding again and noticed all .max files were gone
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:50:18 PM by phosPhoreScent_o »