Author Topic: Now I know what Wreckfest lacked  (Read 269 times)

Conte Zero

I have been an early supporter, since 2013, during the development of this game.
When it was ready after years of develpoment and (our) patience, I found it good, but not awesome nor epic. Good, that's it. Tracks were kind of deja-vu after a few races, and excitement was missing.  Sure, there was a good simcade experience and an even better damage model.

A few days ago I tried exploring the workshop for the first time in my life. I was astonished. Subscribed a few contents (mainly tracks) and my gaming-life changed forever about this product.The very track pack, Trackfest, and 8-o-Rama are exceptional mods and give Wreckfest an unbelivable boost about fun and excitement.

I have to sadly admit: fans did better, much better where developers partially failed. They put creativity and alot of fresh stuff into this game.

Here is the wreckless driving, the violence, all the madness and the crazy speed I was used to.
Now it is the spiritual successor to Flatout, and it is worth every cent of my money, at last.

Saippuakivikauppias

TheEngiGuy

The developers didn't fail, they just wanted to make something different. I'm glad Wreckfest has full mod support and you're enjoying the result of extremely hard work from different modders, but I'm also glad Bugbear developed a demo-derby game that is based more on authenticity. Really missed those kinds of games.

On a side note, Stuntfest has potential and should be the one based on pure madness and no compromises (vanilla content, that is).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:16:51 PM by TheEngiGuy »

Purple44

Been great that Bugbear has open up most of Wreckfest to modding with Bagedit and for those that can take on learning how to mod with 3dMax or Blender.  :D :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Conte Zero

The developers didn't fail, they just wanted to make something different. I'm glad Wreckfest has full mod support and you're enjoying the result of extremely hard work from different modders, but I'm also glad Bugbear developed a demo-derby game that is based more on authenticity. Really missed those kinds of games.

On a side note, Stuntfest has potential and should be the one based on pure madness and no compromises (vanilla content, that is).

You got me wrong. We agree saying they made something different from Flatout. I'm only saying they faioed in creatività vity about the most important thing: tracks (and related fun)  In my opinion most of them are not really brilliant, and I got bored very soon.
Glad to notice that modders put out a suoerb work, something that made me think : these guys coul easily work at the studio, about level design. I'm not making a whole pack, there's bad stuff, and great stuff in Steam Workshop. But the good stuff is by far the best content we have for our beloved game.
Good thing Wreckfest is open and mod friendly, this is going to be a huge resource for its longevity.
Saippuakivikauppias