Author Topic: Car loses health when it shouldn't  (Read 803 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Well, yes - if you set it to 0.0 then the hitter will not receive any damage. Just thinking that if you receive damage yourself too when hitting other cars that would explain your findings.

St. Jimmy

Hitters Damage Gameplay set to 0 -> still loosing health when I'm getting hit on healthy sector. Only if I'm a hitter, then I don't naturally take any health damage.

So there's nothing in that parameter. It's working like expected.

To be clear I've set up the parameters so that I shouldn't take any HP damage when I'm not hit on a black sector (or I don't hit that sector on other car). Still the car takes HP damage. Armour doesn't matter anymore if there's one black sector. You loose health no matter where you hit or be hit. Only car vs car situation is the problem, no other contact type have this issue.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:32:57 AM by St. Jimmy »
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Janne Suur-Näkki

Quickly tested myself too and it looks like there's something fishy indeed. It's not really the car vs. car collisions that are the issue, as long as you hit another (stationary) car with a 100% sector you won't receive any damage, but if someone hits you to a 100% sector you will receive damage.

St. Jimmy

Now fix it for the next build and I'm happy :P
And have separate left and right sector indicators on the HUD for front and back. And tires also having all 4 their own ;)

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Janne Suur-Näkki

Will be fixed in the next update.

St. Jimmy

Will be fixed in the next update.
I only now realized I had this posted on Modding section and not Bug Report where I though I posted it or was this moved? :P Was wondering where the topic had gone...
Great to hear!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Janne Suur-Näkki

I don't think anyone moved the post, I actually went looking for it in the bug reports too :)

Also: moved now!