Author Topic: Car loses health when it shouldn't  (Read 495 times)

St. Jimmy

I think I probably mentioned something like this before but I'd like to address this issue again.

I can't make a mod where I loose health only if I've hit on dark red/black sector because of this.

So for example I've totaled back end of the car and the game shows back sector black. Everything else is intact. I then try to use the front of the vehicle but I start to loose health as I hit others.

I'm really starting to be out of ideas with the files that could affect that. And I'm really thinking there's a bug in the system.

I'm seeing that I don't loose health when i hit objects or wall. It's just with other cars that I loose health no matter what. Would be nice if it works that health isn't lost also against other cars.

I can provide a quick mod and video if needed.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 10:02:01 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

But is this really a bug Jimmy?

Shouldn't you loose some health any time you hit another car, even with healthy part of car? But when hitting with healthy part of car, damage receive is less to your car than if hit a car with severe damage part of car?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

But is this really a bug Jimmy?

Shouldn't you loose some health any time you hit another car, even with healthy part of car? But when hitting with healthy part of car, damage receive is less to your car than if hit a car with severe damage part of car?

It shouldn't work that way because I've modded it so, when sector that has like 1% health left only then car starts to loose health. Naturally it should't only loose health when hit on that black sector, not the one that's totally fine!

This could even affect the vanilla game but you don't see it easily because the scale isn't big and we are used to loose health no matter what. It could be that for example in a derby if you only use front of the car, then when that's broken and you move to use the back end of the car, you'll still loose the health like using the broken sector (like front sector in this example).

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

If I understanding you correctly Jimmy. you say no matter which end of car you use to hit another car, bad end or good end of car, damage to health bar is about the same?

And you like the damage to health bar to be minimal if use good health end of car, even if other half of car is severely damage?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

Yes correct. That's how I've been experiencing it to be. When armour is lost somewhere, you're vulnerable everywhere.

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

Are all stages broken (100%/50%/0% armour)? Or maybe its intended and health loss is only related to minimum sector health of total car not per sector.

Maybe an alternative would be 100% = no health loss
50%= no health loss
0%= full health loss

Then people would try protect their amour,and get 1 free hit (on any part of the car) once 1 sector turns black before DNF.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:56:04 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

St. Jimmy

Are all stages broken (100%/50%/0% armour)? Or maybe its intended and health loss is only related to minimum sector health of total car not per sector.

50%= no health loss
0%= full health loss

Then people would try protect their amour,and get 1 free hit (on any part of the car) once 1 sector turns black before DNF.

Yea not sure is it that all the stages are broken. That's what I've been trying to achieve every now and then, but something has always caused the car loose HP and I hadn't realized what could be the problem until now.

OK let's give some example video and files to a quick mod. In this I've configured it so that the car should loose health only when it gets hit at black sector. Notice how I'm loosing health when hitting other cars with healthy sector but I don't loose health when I do the same with a wall.
I even get Wrecked from behind when there's really no sector damage anywhere else other than the front! This just doesn't seem right when you watch how I've configured the files.

Here's a quick test mod you can do with a Rocket car. It's using REALISTIC damage, so change to that:
https://mega.nz/#!o4VSmS5S!tFItMhYku97wQkTATXsWpRu9mu5EFxzKJHH14HiYlnQ
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:19:20 PM by St. Jimmy »

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

50%= no health loss
0%= full health loss

Yea not sure is it that all the stages are broken. That's what I've been trying to achieve every now and then, but something has always caused the car loose HP and I hadn't realized what could be the problem until now.

OK let's give some example video and files to a quick mod. In this I've configured it so that the car should loose health only when it gets hit at black sector. Notice how I'm loosing health when hitting other cars with healthy sector but I don't loose health when I do the same with a wall.

Here's a quick test mod you can do with a Rocket car. It's using REALISTIC damage, so change to that:
https://mega.nz/#!EsMGmarI!L8Apug4U1bP6BfyOrPKs4q97duuycWsG2gE6HvvhWbw
I bet its just configured to take account of the most damaged sector,and not per sector. Whether its intentional or a bug is one for Janne to answer. I do remember him saying before that its chassis health and not car health.So you damage the front of the chassis (sector black),now the whole chassis is vulnerable. Makes sense when explained to you like that,but not immediately obvious without description.

Personally i think the old system of no health bar made more sense,and worked better.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:44:51 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

St. Jimmy

I bet its just configured to take account of the most damaged sector,and not per sector. Whether its intentional or a bug is one for Janne to answer. I do remember him saying before that its chassis health and not car health.So you damage the front of the chassis (sector black),now the whole chassis is vulnerable. Makes sense when explained to you like that,but not immediately obvious without description.

Personally i think the old system of no health bar made more sense,and worked better.
Yeah could be. But then it doesn't make sense since against objects and environment armour works like expected -> you only take damage when you hit the black sector. Why would car vs car differ from car vs. environment? That's why I'm realy hoping and thinking this is just a bug that they've not noticed. And hopefully easily fixable because half of the stuff is already working like expected.

If car vs car contact could be fixed to work like car vs env/object then it's easy to make a system how it was long time ago. Could even remove the health bar in that kind of a system because it doesn't matter too much then.

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

St. Jimmy

Here's example against dynamic objects and environment only. Everything is working like expected. I just changed the back sector to 0% health (black) since it was easy to show that way that hitting with a healthy sector at high speed doesn't do health damage at all.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:38:38 PM by St. Jimmy »

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

Dynamic objects dont cause damage i think as mass less. Otherwise youd have out of sync tire stacks causing damage to players online.
Seems to be working with walls though.

St. Jimmy

Dynamic objects dont cause damage i think as mass less. Otherwise youd have out of sync tire stacks causing damage to players online.
It works with tire stacks and fences etc. Naturally they just cause so low damage as they're pretty low on mass and other properties as you said especially when they're broken is when they're pretty much massless. Understandable but they're working like you can see when I'm going through stacks of tires.

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

It works with tire stacks and fences etc. Naturally they just cause so low damage as they're pretty low on mass and other properties as you said especially when they're broken is when they're pretty much massless. Understandable but they're working like you can see when I'm going through stacks of tires.
Seems pretty certain that it is a bug then. Hopefully fixed soon.

Janne Suur-Näkki

My first thought is that this behaviour is because of the hitter's damage parameter. Maybe you already mentioned it, but have you set it to 0.0?

St. Jimmy

My first thought is that this behaviour is because of the hitter's damage parameter. Maybe you already mentioned it, but have you set it to 0.0?
Hitter damage is 1 because I'm assuming then both hitter and reciever takes equal damage. Never even thought using 0 because thinking then hitter wouldn't take any damage. But I might have unddrstood that parameter wrong, or at least when it's set to 0? Need to test that out later.

Thought it would be weird that Hitter Damage goes through armour and forces health damage through black sector even when you're hit on white sector.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:05:24 AM by St. Jimmy »

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR