Author Topic: FlatOut 2 Modding Tools  (Read 237 times)

jonaskohl

As FlatOutJoint.com is no longer online and the downloads in the WayBack machine capture don't work, what is the best source for getting modding tools, like .BGM model editor/plugin and tools like these?

Purple44

What you looking to mod? Cars or tracks or something else?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Heddly

As FlatOutJoint.com is no longer online and the downloads in the WayBack machine capture don't work, what is the best source for getting modding tools, like .BGM model editor/plugin and tools like these?

Zmodeler2 has the FO1 an FO2 plugin to import .BMG files and edit for cars and let you view them and edit them, it will not allow you to export to the .BMG without paying for it.

TT

The free version of Zmodeler2 might let you export to Flatout2 format but I don't think it will let you import Flatout2 models.

If you go with the free version, you might need to find an example car in Zmodler2 format to see how things should be.

After the later Zmodeler2 updates, a lot of people couldn't get the program to work. Good luck if you try.

You will also need the unpacking tool that sort of unzips the game files.

If you can't find that, I might be able to dig it up.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 07:39:32 PM by TT »

Purple44

Here link for the unpacker and packer upper for Flatout 1:

My game uses the common1.bfs and common2.bfs files. I bought it off of Steam, which is the reason why.

K, you will need to unpack both common files, then you can copy over the charger files. Here a link to the Flatout 1 unpacker and packer tools:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wtzwzwkyiyt/FO1-unpack-packer.rar

Can read this thread get an idea how it works:

Flatout 1 - bfs unpacker

Here program we use to pack and unpack Flatout 2:

Yup, that's what I wanted to say basically. Maybe the old texture (with 95 number) can still be found in the game's files? It would have also been nice if someone told me how to dig through the game's files by myself.

Have to unpack the bfs files. Here link to the unpacker we used at Flatout Joint for Flatout 2 and UC:

Here is a link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/qgh6gdw65fhzwq8/BFSpack_V2.1.zip

It is not adware.

Extract the .rar open the folder and start BFS3pack_smart_gui.exe.
Right click the icon and select FlatOut Ultimate Carnage.
Drag and drop your file to the icon, to compress a data file to a .bfs file or to uncompress a .bfs file to a data file for editing.

Hope this helps.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

jonaskohl

Here program we use to pack and unpack Flatout 2:

Yup, that's what I wanted to say basically. Maybe the old texture (with 95 number) can still be found in the game's files? It would have also been nice if someone told me how to dig through the game's files by myself.

Have to unpack the bfs files. Here link to the unpacker we used at Flatout Joint for Flatout 2 and UC:

Here is a link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/qgh6gdw65fhzwq8/BFSpack_V2.1.zip

It is not adware.

Extract the .rar open the folder and start BFS3pack_smart_gui.exe.
Right click the icon and select FlatOut Ultimate Carnage.
Drag and drop your file to the icon, to compress a data file to a .bfs file or to uncompress a .bfs file to a data file for editing.

Hope this helps.

I already stumbled across bfs2pack, which does the job quite nicely and is open-source.

Zmodeler2 has the FO1 an FO2 plugin to import .BMG files and edit for cars and let you view them and edit them, it will not allow you to export to the .BMG without paying for it.

That's the problem! I don't want to pay for a shady software on a shady site with a no-refund clause in the purchase terms. Isn't there a specification of the BMG format somewhere, so I could at least try to program a converter. Idealy, a importer/exporter for Blender would be handy, but I'm pretty sure no such thing exists.