Author Topic: eventloop sticking when admins use special vehicles  (Read 167 times)

Trabb

ISSUE
A servers eventloop may become stuck at a single event if admin(s) are using a special vehicle(SV).

DESCRIPTION
Has been occurring since the ability of disabling SV for individual events was added. Not sure if having SV disabled for the next event has an impact.
The server will show the loading screen of whatever track is next in loop, but when loaded it's still at the same track that was just run. It can stay stuck until an admin manually changes event. Only happens on events where SV are enabled.
After a chat with a fellow hoster who experienced the same problem, i'm pretty sure its not hardware or config file related. 
i5-4690k @stock - 8GB RAM- GTX960 4GB OC - Z97X-SLI Gigabyte

BC Bangers - hosted on a high fiber diet.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Can't repro anymore, at least not with our internal build.

Is the wrong track loaded for everyone? Can you please share your server config (feel free to strip out everything not necessary for testing)?

Trabb

Here is a set of events which caused this most recently ( 8th Nov). After running Crash Canyon, the load screen for sandpit 2 reverse displayed for the usual few seconds, but when loaded we're all still at CC. Everyone in the lobby sees the same thing. ( good excuse to go full manual track request styles!)
If the admins quit or change out of SV, then runs the race, the loop will jump to the next event after the one which was just skipped. ( EG: race at CC >load screen for SP2 rev > still at CC when loaded > run CC again with no admins in SV > loads inner oval just fine)

to add more details, usually have 4 or 5 admins in lobby, of which 1 or 2 will use a SV ( most often bus or harvester), and at least 8-9 none-admin players ( a few of whom were also in buses).
to the best of my knowledge, the loop has never stuck when either no admins around or when they're not using bus or harvester. When stuck, it stays stuck until admins change into a normal car or quit. I've never gotten it to stick while testing alone.

Perhaps should've mentioned that I used Elements Server manager ( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712825572 ) to make a list of events with reasonable lap counts & settings, then copy/paste together a longer loop from those. ( loop example https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iYPM4wD8Wr45sFKfuLzCYQOKi-KWh0C4)
i know some of the event setting( like el_car_restriction= ) aren't used but the server manager will screw up without them, maybe the redundant perimeters be causing it?

I've also played on a server other than my own where the loop got stuck soon after a busing admin joined.

Code: [Select]
admin_steam_ids=
max_players=24
car_reset_disabled=0
car_reset_delay=10
clear_users=0
owner_disabled=1
lan=0
steam_port=27013
game_port=33540
query_port=27015
track=dirt_speedway_figure_8
gamemode=racing
bots=0
num_teams=2
laps=8
time_limit=20
elimination_interval=0
car_class_restriction=a
car_restriction=
wrong_way_limiter_disabled=1
special_vehicles_disabled=0
vehicle_damage=normal
weather=
frequency=high
log=C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\WSM\m5erh4xj.log
el_add=dirt_speedway_figure_8
el_num_teams=2
el_laps=8
el_time_limit=20
el_elimination_interval=0
el_car_reset_disabled=0
el_car_reset_delay=10
el_wrong_way_limiter_disabled=1
el_special_vehicles_disabled=0
el_car_class_restriction=a
el_car_restriction=
el_vehicle_damage=normal
el_weather=
el_gamemode=racing
el_add=crash_canyon_main_circuit
el_num_teams=2
el_laps=5
el_time_limit=20
el_car_reset_disabled=0
el_car_reset_delay=10
el_car_restriction=
el_vehicle_damage=normal
el_weather=
el_gamemode=racing
el_add=sandpit2_2_rev
el_num_teams=2
el_laps=6
el_time_limit=20
el_car_reset_disabled=0
el_car_reset_delay=10
el_special_vehicles_disabled=1
el_car_restriction=
el_vehicle_damage=normal
el_weather=
el_gamemode=racing
el_add=speedway2_inner_oval
el_num_teams=2
el_laps=11
el_time_limit=20
el_car_reset_disabled=1
el_car_reset_delay=10
el_car_restriction=
el_vehicle_damage=normal
el_weather=
el_gamemode=racing
el_add=mixed3_long_loop
el_num_teams=2
el_laps=5
el_time_limit=20
el_car_reset_disabled=0
el_car_reset_delay=10
el_special_vehicles_disabled=1
el_car_restriction=
el_vehicle_damage=normal
el_weather=
el_gamemode=racing

when it first started happening, I was convinced it was something to do with resets, but changing those perimeters did nothing.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:59:33 AM by Trabb »
i5-4690k @stock - 8GB RAM- GTX960 4GB OC - Z97X-SLI Gigabyte

BC Bangers - hosted on a high fiber diet.

sam223

I bet its caused by having SV available on one event and then not in the next event.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 02:38:40 AM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2