Author Topic: PS4 version delayed to 2019  (Read 344 times)

prinex

Guys .... I know you will laugh at me ... but I really browse this forum since YEARS waiting for this game to be released on PS4.

And now it is postponed AGAIN to 2019. Like 20 days before release. I even had the day marked in my calendar....

Oh well, maybe it will happen one day. At this stage I want to see what happen first, me losing patience or the game releasing.

Purple44

Took over 4 years for PC version of Wreckfest to get release and was delayed I believe 3 times.   :P

Bugbear has high standards and they like get Wreckfest to run well enough on the consoles so that they will not have to cut back on 24 cars offline or online.

Online, think Bugbear going have a tough time getting 24 players running smooth enough. 24 players online can be tough to do on a PC.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

prinex

I understand having high standard, no one wants a game which is onrushed ....

:D got the pun ? Onrush the game that sold like 50 copies...

OK was not funny ? I find it funny.

Paiyada

Can be considered as a very demanding information.

Plaxtonio

lol I am never going to get to play this game. Been talking to my Flatout Ultimate Carnage friends about it for like 5 years it feels like.

Just kidding around. This foreplay is intense. Still excited as balls.

Phen248

Took over 4 years for PC version of Wreckfest to get release and was delayed I believe 3 times.   :P

Bugbear has high standards and they like get Wreckfest to run well enough on the consoles so that they will not have to cut back on 24 cars offline or online.

Online, think Bugbear going have a tough time getting 24 players running smooth enough. 24 players online can be tough to do on a PC.

TBH I wouldn't mind if they just cut down the car count to 20, even if its just for online. Most racing games on console only get 8-16 vehicle races, so 20 is still a lot by our standards, and would definitely make things go smoother and quicker on the development side of things.

After all, I'd rather have a slight reduction in the car count than a potential loss in texture quality, framerate, destruction physics, particle effects, or other immersive elements. Having 20 cars while still looking similar to the PC version is a better option than featuring 24 cars whilst having the game look like it did when it first came to early access IMO.
Fan of: MotorStorm, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, Baja Edge of Control, Dirt 2, Dirt Showdown, The Crew, and of course, Wreckfest.
PC Specs: Potato - Console of Choice: PS4