Author Topic: Wreckfest the game reset itself !  (Read 400 times)

Misyl69

Hello ! What a surprise yesterday when I wanted to start an online game, it just magically came back to level 0. I was at 50 level with lot of money and cars. 127 hours of play in the trash !!! Has anyone had this kind of problem ? I m at the end of my life … Thank you for your help. Sylvain

Purple44

Hello ! What a surprise yesterday when I wanted to start an online game, it just magically came back to level 0. I was at 50 level with lot of money and cars. 127 hours of play in the trash !!! Has anyone had this kind of problem ? I m at the end of my life … Thank you for your help. Sylvain

Unfortunately this can happen. :)  Did Wreckfest crash, locked up last time you played?

Did you read this thread and make a backup?

Bugbear forum:
Are you level 50? did you finish career mod? then should backup your save ...... 

Apparently in many cases the game crashing or freezing can result in the save game being corrupted so it's a good idea to backup the save data every now and then especially if you're using mods.

Steam forum:
Are you level 50? did you finish career mode? then should backup your save ......
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Misyl69

Hello and thank you. The game blocked a moment and when everything became normal again I was at level 0. Make backups I do not understand. I bought this game on Steam and I play normally. I never heard that you had to make backups yourself.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sorry, did the game freeze (stopped responding and you needed to kill the process via the task manager) or did it crash to the desktop?

Misyl69

The game stopped about 5 minutes then and returned to normal but at Level 0 without cars and without money, like when I bought it.

Hornet66

Sorry, did the game freeze (stopped responding and you needed to kill the process via the task manager) or did it crash to the desktop?

In my case I was online in BC Bangers and the game froze out of nowhere, If I remember correctly I was between races in the lobby and the game froze up solid. Been a couple weeks since this happened but the first where my progress was wiped. I had to use task manager to kill the process.

I have had more instances of CTD than anything over the past year however.
AMD Threadripper 1950X/GTX-1080ti/32GB DDR4/WIN10

Misyl69

I do not want to start all over again and what annoys me is that we can not reach the manufacturer of the game. I want to write to them to ask for a solution or to refund my purchase.

Janne Suur-Näkki

I'm sorry but in case the save data is corrupted there's nothing we can do about expect than try to put in measures to prevent it from happening again.

Misyl69

Where can I find backup data? Thank you

Heddly

I'm sorry but in case the save data is corrupted there's nothing we can do about expect than try to put in measures to prevent it from happening again.
Could you add a save.bat file to run manually or automatically with the game, that would backup your Save Game files and a restore.bat to recover your progress?
Maybe a modder could be able to do this?

Janne Suur-Näkki

Where can I find backup data? Thank you
Unless you created one yourself, there's no backup of your save data.

Heddly, that would be actually pretty easy to do by anyone who knows a bit of scripting. Not sure though which logic you would need to use to take the backup, probably the script can't be run each time the game is launched since you could possibly overwrite the healthy backup with a corrupted one (the same reason why Steam Cloud might not fix this issue). On the other hand, if it was meant to be executed manually not many would probably remember to do it. The best solution would be for us to make the save routine more robust and/or find out why the game is crashing.

Misyl69

Thank you Edlly but I don't know any modder :-)

Misyl69

Thank you very much for your help but it's really too complicated for me these backup stories. I sent an email to Bugbear but still no answer... What a funny century:-)

Hornet66

A manual option to back up save files certainly sounds like a step forward. People who do not do a backup and then complain about lost progress would only have themselves to blame right?
AMD Threadripper 1950X/GTX-1080ti/32GB DDR4/WIN10

Heddly

A manual option to back up save files certainly sounds like a step forward. People who do not do a backup and then complain about lost progress would only have themselves to blame right?
The thought came to me because a lot of players would not know how to backup their save game, not everyone knows how to find a folder, copy and paste, etc. Who knows how many players have had this problem and given up on the game or not reported it.

Maybe a mod could install save game files to the desktop or somewhere else to make them easy to find.

example: C:\Users\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam ?
edit: Maybe a mod could install a shortcut to the save game files to the desktop or somewhere else to make them easy to find.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 12:38:52 AM by Heddly »
I7-2.9 Ghz 8GB, Radeon R9 200 4GB   http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod/addons